Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-08-2018, 06:06 AM   #16501
GodOfSpeed

Trader Rating: (1)
GodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymoreGodOfSpeed is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i feel sick
GodOfSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2018, 07:39 AM   #16502
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

spools420a is a well-known jackass
The biggest cancer to car community is not the car owner ricing out his car but the sheople who look over every inch of the car for rice and when they spot ugly wheel lugs or body kit that didn't line up great etc they post it in here while most consider the car awesome that person has to circle the flaws for people to see,if you have to do this the car doesn't belong here and its those people that are cancer to car community as if everyone must build a car to look a certain way with zero originality...I understand calling out rice but some of you are beyond picky and try way to hard to find a "you,re doing it wrong" car.
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #16503
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by spools420a View Post
The biggest cancer to car community is not the car owner ricing out his car but the sheople who look over every inch of the car for rice and when they spot ugly wheel lugs or body kit that didn't line up great etc they post it in here while most consider the car awesome that person has to circle the flaws for people to see,if you have to do this the car doesn't belong here and its those people that are cancer to car community as if everyone must build a car to look a certain way with zero originality...I understand calling out rice but some of you are beyond picky and try way to hard to find a "you,re doing it wrong" car.
Alright jerry springer
jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 01:23 PM   #16504
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
This is worth posting in here
Quote:
Old 12-09-2018, 07:46 AM   #16505
Green Arrow
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What page was your car posted in here?
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #16506
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Old 12-10-2018, 12:20 PM   #16507
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
This and run-on sentences are the biggest cancer of the community.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:38 PM   #16508
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
This and run-on sentences are the biggest cancer of the community.
Amen for grammar, I know this is an online forum but it’s shocking how poor the wording is.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:09 PM   #16509
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Only going to get worse, No Child Left Behind
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:20 PM   #16510
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Can I get an F in the chat... got new Type X tails. Wouldnt fit for shit, tried to see where the high spots where and found out my whole QP is caked with bondo

All I wanted was a clean schassis and stay stock body but NOPE

R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:03 PM   #16511
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
you also need to change the rear trim piece under the tail lights, it different between kouki's and zenki's. you don't have to but will look like shit imo
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:55 PM   #16512
dub40sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
dub40sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
^^^ Clearly has more problems to worry about than the lower trim piece.

Poor guy...
Its like seeing cake face chick next morning with her makeup off.
dub40sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:21 PM   #16513
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub40sx View Post
^^^ Clearly has more problems to worry about than the lower trim piece.

Poor guy...
Its like seeing cake face chick next morning with her makeup off.
It honestly doesn't look too bad. Ive seen a lot worse than this. my s13 had bondo on the front end where the fenders sit. Car was in an unreported accident and front end was majorly tweaked. Took the engine out and saw a small notch in the frame rail, like a kink, car is still straight though, its weird. Bondo was put on the twisted areas of metal to allow the hood and fenders to sit flush with the car lol pretty shitty for a car with 100k on it.

Also had an s14 that I had bought a few years back. Had bad rockers, but what can you expect from MA/RI heavy salt roads. Get into it and the PO decided to fix holes in the floor by filling them with expanding foam and then riveting aluminum and steel panels over it followed by black undercoat. By the time I dug into the car, I felt more like I had some random G body that sat for 30 years rather than a 90's import. Foam was packed all the way up into the A and B pillars that when I was cutting out the rot, the foam would catch on fire.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:26 PM   #16514
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
I have the trim piece, took it off so I can rip off that scab of bondo..... If I attempt to break away the whole panel ill post more pictures haha its maybe half inch on the whole side.

Honestly dont know what to do because nothing conventional will help. Either gonna have to

1) send it to a shop, see if than redo this such as pull the metal out right then rebondo again. Seems like the whole panel is smooshed tbh so have to redraw body lines, still have hella bondo etc

2) Switch to over fenders, maybe cute out the metal and make my own bracket at least for the one section of the tail lights and pull the top metal part of the fender as much as I can then run some overs that cover the entire fender around the lights.

Either Origin type 2, chargespeed which are 50mm dont go well with type x kit or if possible get car modify wonder rear overs which are 30mm and closest thing to stock replacing from what ive found

3)Find a shell instead spend the money on body work to reshell and deal with another shot 240 chassis. I got a lot going on next year and dont have the time like I do when I was fresh out of highschool.

4)Part out and be out the game. Switch to another chassis once im done with college and making decent money then get an FD or import a genuine type x which is around the time ill finish.

Just sucks because this was my first car and put a lot of time and money into it thinking it was a clean chassis... but i guess thats DIY LOL instead of trying to make it nice with genuine parts, should of just thrashed the shit out of it like most kids now.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:47 PM   #16515
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

nah, dont do any of that. Get in there and find out whats going on. I suggest removing the bondo and see the extend of the damage. For that tail section piece, try and find a junkyard car and cut that section out. 240s never rust back there unless its the spare tire tray. If you can't weld it, have a professional do it and then finish with body work. With all that needs to be done, you'll be Grade A at body work when its finished. My friend smashed his tail light in this area and we pulled it out with dent puller and then any area where there was metal missing he filled with a welder and then smoothed out. Anything is possible if you use your head
Old 12-13-2018, 02:06 AM   #16516
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
nah, dont do any of that. Get in there and find out whats going on. I suggest removing the bondo and see the extend of the damage. For that tail section piece, try and find a junkyard car and cut that section out. 240s never rust back there unless its the spare tire tray. If you can't weld it, have a professional do it and then finish with body work. With all that needs to be done, you'll be Grade A at body work when its finished. My friend smashed his tail light in this area and we pulled it out with dent puller and then any area where there was metal missing he filled with a welder and then smoothed out. Anything is possible if you use your head
Hey! Stop coming in here trying to do things right god#(@*it!

People come in here for the wrong way to do things, by god ur skrewing it all up

ah crap now im in here also
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:54 AM   #16517
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
I have the trim piece, took it off so I can rip off that scab of bondo..... If I attempt to break away the whole panel ill post more pictures haha its maybe half inch on the whole side.

Honestly dont know what to do because nothing conventional will help. Either gonna have to

1) send it to a shop, see if than redo this such as pull the metal out right then rebondo again. Seems like the whole panel is smooshed tbh so have to redraw body lines, still have hella bondo etc

2) Switch to over fenders, maybe cute out the metal and make my own bracket at least for the one section of the tail lights and pull the top metal part of the fender as much as I can then run some overs that cover the entire fender around the lights.

Either Origin type 2, chargespeed which are 50mm dont go well with type x kit or if possible get car modify wonder rear overs which are 30mm and closest thing to stock replacing from what ive found

3)Find a shell instead spend the money on body work to reshell and deal with another shot 240 chassis. I got a lot going on next year and dont have the time like I do when I was fresh out of highschool.

4)Part out and be out the game. Switch to another chassis once im done with college and making decent money then get an FD or import a genuine type x which is around the time ill finish.

Just sucks because this was my first car and put a lot of time and money into it thinking it was a clean chassis... but i guess thats DIY LOL instead of trying to make it nice with genuine parts, should of just thrashed the shit out of it like most kids now.

I wouldn't reshell or part it.
Get the bondo off, look for someone parting a car out and grab that rear section. Either replace the QP or replace just that tail light portion and do some overs.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #16518
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

Do have a local by me who has some cut up QP in amazing condition, basically said I could have them. This is problem best case and just throw the cash at a proper shop to do it. Was going to cost my 700ish for car modify wonder 30mm rears plus have a shop try pull the metal straight again. If they can do it under 1k or little over ill be happy.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:25 PM   #16519
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Do have a local by me who has some cut up QP in amazing condition, basically said I could have them. This is problem best case and just throw the cash at a proper shop to do it. Was going to cost my 700ish for car modify wonder 30mm rears plus have a shop try pull the metal straight again. If they can do it under 1k or little over ill be happy.
For sure, get the quarter replaced and get the car painted.
No need for overs, only reason would be trying to fit a large rear tire.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:41 PM   #16520
sil80d
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
sil80d is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Sadly the biggest cancer to any car community is the inability to hear opinions. If you post a pic of your vehicle and ask what we think, you should be willing to except all responses. The political correctness in this country is killing the ideals of personal opinion. If you ask my opinion about your car, and I tell you that I don't like it, why am I the bad guy?
sil80d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:35 AM   #16521
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
I thought the same and found this earlier in the year . . .

snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 02:52 PM   #16522
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post

At least it was repaired correctly.. I mean, if a bought a car and was told it was stock but had repairs that were actually decent and not half assed, I don't think I would be as mad. I mean, looks like someone took the time to cut the metal to shape and clean it up. Cant be that bad if you only noticed from the inside.
Old 12-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #16523
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
...found out my whole QP is caked with bondo

All I wanted was a clean schassis and stay stock body but NOPE
Quote:
Just sucks because this was my first car and put a lot of time and money into it thinking it was a clean chassis.
Did you know it was re-painted? Hard to tell if that's an original colour or not. But maybe they just re-painted the repaired area the original colour.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 03:58 PM   #16524
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
At least it was repaired correctly.. I mean, if a bought a car and was told it was stock but had repairs that were actually decent and not half assed, I don't think I would be as mad. I mean, looks like someone took the time to cut the metal to shape and clean it up. Cant be that bad if you only noticed from the inside.
Oh yeah it could be way worse. Just pointing out that I thought it was a clean chassis, like many of those even exist haha. You can kinda tell on the outside where the seam is, at least it has the body line in the metal. It'll be in my build thread when it gets cut down to bare metal... *off topic*
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 04:21 PM   #16525
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by snorkelcoupe View Post

I've seen something similar. maybe not exactly but very similar in almost every 240sx I ever looked at. There were cars that had DEFINITELY never been hit, that had little unpainted welds or bits of welding wire in the back there. I'm not sure what to make of it- but I do know that just because I see something now in the rear of a 240 I don't immediately assume its been hit. That does look like a patch deal though because of the other color panel. Its just usually things like that are bad enough they scrap the car- unless its still fairly new. And if work like that is done by pro body shop when the car is new... yep usually shows up on carfax because insurance etc... its a $5000 job
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:26 PM   #16526
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

My s13 has mint panels. Like perfect quarters and front fenders with a tiny bit of rot on the drivers side. The only rot this car had was from the brake booster leaking and caused the drivers side frame rail to rot. Bought it thinking that was it for it and that it was going to be super clean, and I checked the VIN and it had no reported accident. But after taking the engine out for a swap, I noticed there was tears in the strut tower (no rust or rot, literally clean tears as big as my palm) and a small kink in the frame rail. car drives straight as an arrow. underneath the fenders, there was bondo to make the fenders sit flush with the front end.. and then when i took the back seat out of the car, there was glass underneath it. Cant figure out for the life of me what happened to it. Its an 89 hatch with 100k. I am the 3rd owner and I know for a fact the kid before me didn't do it because he only had the car for 4k miles. and the owner before him was an old woman. Im thinking the car was parked and someone hit it because theres no others damage to the car and I've been through the whole thing
Old 12-14-2018, 07:22 PM   #16527
Mike s14

Mike s14 is an unknown quantity at this point
There was a guy with engine problems with his s14. After swapping out the oem injectors with 740cc, the engine didnt like that. Well, you guessed, no changes in his ecu or whatever, just swapping out the injectors and after 3 weeks, he went looking for help.
I was a good laugh after a long time. Didnt knew this could exectly happen in these days.

?https://forums.sxoc.nl/index.php?/to...injector-swap/
Mike s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:36 PM   #16528
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/ct...730785223.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brokeboi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:07 PM   #16529
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector

eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
I feel like this should belong here

https://tiremeetsroad.com/2018/12/16...-a-nissan-240/
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 04:43 PM   #16530
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
aaaaaaand of course its got no bumpers.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote