Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #1
S14_BOSS
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
S14_BOSS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
SoCal: SAFC Tuner - Knowledgable/Reliable ?

Looking to tune my RB25.

Basic bolt ons, FMIC, Intake, Greddy IM, boost @ 10psi, stock injectors. Looking for a good reliable daily driven tune.

Anyone know of any good shops around the OC area that tune SAFC? I'd like someone that knows what they are doing so i can get it done right the 1st time. Also, about how much do they charge.

Thank you
S14_BOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2012, 02:51 AM   #2
S14_BOSS
Leaky Injector

Nobody knows?!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #3
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Nobody wants to touch a SAFC since its garbage. You're gonna try to run it on a finicky RB25 ECU too? Ooooh boy, goodluck on that one. The stock ECU will pull timing out the moment it sensed your fucking with it with the SAFC, car will run like pooopies.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:51 AM   #4
S14_BOSS
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Nobody wants to touch a SAFC since its garbage. You're gonna try to run it on a finicky RB25 ECU too? Ooooh boy, goodluck on that one. The stock ECU will pull timing out the moment it sensed your fucking with it with the SAFC, car will run like pooopies.
I've seen plenty of other post's on skylineaus that state otherwise. The SAFC neo also has knock sensor inputs for this very reason. As for the car running poopies, i don't think it can run anymore poopies than it does with a stock ECU; I have seen nothing but good things with people running safc on rb25 ecu. Gas mileage improvements, power gains, overall performance. That is what im going for, i don't need NIStune or a PFC for a stock motor.

Please, if anyone knows of any tuners that tune a SAFC in the socal/OC area please let me know.
Old 12-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
snags
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
snags is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
first of all, get a wideband. no way you can tune without it.
second, tune it yourself with your wideband. its easy
snags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
S14_BOSS
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by snags View Post
first of all, get a wideband. no way you can tune without it.
second, tune it yourself with your wideband. its easy
I have an AEM Uego wideband. I just don't want to blow my engine as I've never tried messing with AFRs.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
2.5T_/<ouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
I've heard good things from Church Automotive Tuning. The website even lists AFC-neo as something they tune: $200. Check them out
2.5T_/<ouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #8
Nissan_Alex
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Nissan_Alex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've worked with them before ive done about 2 sr20de+t and 2 Rb(20/25) tunes with em. They are ok to get the car driveable.
My opinion is they are horrible in the long run.

Im located in the South bay if you interested text or ring me.
Ill be cheaper than any tune shop, but how much depends on how much time I have to spend.
(I ran my own shop in New Zealand, so I've been around the block for this sort of stuff)

562-896-6344
Nissan_Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #9
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_BOSS View Post
i don't need NIStune or a PFC for a stock motor.
but your motor isn't stock... greddy intake manifold is a pretty big upgrade. good reliable dd tune, it sounds like what you want is MPG. SAFC should be able to do that as that's mostly just AFR tuning but I think you want a lot more than something DDable.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #10
S14_BOSS
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
but your motor isn't stock... greddy intake manifold is a pretty big upgrade. good reliable dd tune, it sounds like what you want is MPG. SAFC should be able to do that as that's mostly just AFR tuning but I think you want a lot more than something DDable.
I guess you can say an IM is a big upgrade but I still considerate it a stock motor. Yes you are right I wasn't more MPG and the SAFC should be able to do that. What did to mean by you think I want more than something DDable? This is my DD.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:40 PM   #11
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14_BOSS View Post
I guess you can say an IM is a big upgrade but I still considerate it a stock motor. Yes you are right I wasn't more MPG and the SAFC should be able to do that. What did to mean by you think I want more than something DDable? This is my DD.
Your English is nearly incomprehensible. I meant that if you just wanted to DD a car then you would not want to turn up the boost and all that extra stuff that you're doing. It's more than just a dd, its modded for more power.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #12
S14_BOSS
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDacIouSX View Post
Your English is nearly incomprehensible. I meant that if you just wanted to DD a car then you would not want to turn up the boost and all that extra stuff that you're doing. It's more than just a dd, its modded for more power.
Hahah! Sorry about that, damn iPhone texting with my big hands isn't the best.

Well, it is my DD and that's really all i want it for. I enjoy the 3 extra psi from 7 to 10spi as it feels more responsive.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
buku_points
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
buku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfectionbuku_points is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Any luck on this? I'm kinda in the same boat. I recently acquired a 93 coupe with a red top sr20det. S15 turbo. Freddy intake, Fmic and I believe it has 750cc injectors. Came with a safcII installed but pops and runs like shit. Was told the block was replaced and the tune the car had saved on file would not work. Any help in the IE?
buku_points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #14
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
^^^ in the IE? shoot me a PM.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote