Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #1
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Post pics of your home garage setup...

I'm settling on a townhouse in May and have a single car garage which is pretty big and I'm trying to come up with some ideas for storage, work benches, etc. So if you guys/gals have cool garage setups that you'd like to share I'm all for seeing some pictures! Thanks
Old 03-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #2
k-love
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
k-love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

k-love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-love View Post
oh shat is that racedeck?

does it get scratched up easily?
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 03:09 AM   #4
k-love
Zilvia Member

k-love is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
oh shat is that racedeck?

does it get scratched up easily?
Yeah its the real legit racedeck not the pepboys special stuff haha.
Its great, doesnt scratch easily, but I have dented it before when lowering my car with a shitty jack that went angled and pinched into a tile, but apparently its strong enough to put a lift ONTOP of it and be safe, if you saw the underside youd understand. great stuff.
k-love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 AM   #5
rican_nick
Zilvia FREAK!

rican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfectionrican_nick is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to rican_nick
I wish i had a garage . I was going to buy a new house but the wife and I decided to remodel and hopefully next year I build a garage exactly like i want it.

The Garage Journal Board - Powered by vBulletin <- This site is great. I am pretty sure they have a thread of single car/small garages.. lots of pics so you can get ideas on your storage.

My Seller's Review Thread
rican_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #6
turbo_dreams
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
turbo_dreams is making a name for him/her selfturbo_dreams is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Best pics i have, no work bench...just a 190 piece craftsman set and engine hoist and a few stands as well as a 3 ton jack.

I usually keep my s13 in the garage but 7m went on the cressida. 2 cars can fit though,

www.tm-spl.com
Kouki's & some apple juice.
turbo_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:27 PM   #7
superJoy
Leaky Injector

superJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of lightsuperJoy is a glorious beacon of light
I inherited my parents garage, filled with 30 years of junk (note baby stroller boxes, Apple Computer boxes from late 80s/early 90s, and overall Jenga style box storage philosophy: stack and if you need to remove one, pray.)

Work bench was from hospital where my mother worked, they remodeled and didn't need it any more, so she cut it in half (is like 12 feet long) and threw it in the back of truck and plopped it in the garage. It's on the right in the pic below. It's actually nice; it has power outlets along the length and shelf for a boombox so I could play only the finest East Coast hip hop whilst slopping 20 year old Nissan parts together in a haze of WD-40, spray paint, and musty baby clothing.

With the S13 in there, when I was rebuilding/installing new engine/painting engine bay. If you look carefully, you can see the entire 80s decade in the background. Steezy 240SX fit right in.

It was a small garage, but I made do. The problem with small garages is that the car + a work bench still isn't enough room. I had to store new parts in the living room. House guests were not amused. And I used what I call the "floor store" technic frequently. Basically, you carefully set what you're working with on the floor, for later. When I popped the pistons out of my block I (successfully) used the floor store technique: I came back approximately 1 month later, and pistons were still on floor. The crankshaft I splurged a little and cleared a small space on the workbench. It was like in Halo when you have like a sniper and shotty and you want that BR but you only got two slots. That's what small garages are like.

The tools got kicked around the floor basically the entire time I worked on the car. And the only thing I used the workbench for with any amount of real purpose was doing the wiring harness for the swap.

Call me weird but I work better on the floor/on my feet than at a workbench. If I ever set up a shop from the ground up, my workbench will be very, very small. Like maybe a little desk. If you have a small garage the space is better spent on storage for tools and parts. Also I can't stand pegboards. That's like easy cheesy garage 101. I want my tools in big, manly metal box with drawers and shit, not hung on the wall with little hooks.

Basically if I was setting up a garage I'd have a tool box, a little cabinet for delicate parts, some jackstands, and a jack. SPACE is the most important tool in the garage.
superJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #8
khilgers
Zilvia Addict

khilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond reputekhilgers has a reputation beyond repute
It's a lot cleaner now, but I have big plans this summer. I need to mud/tap/sand/paint. Then I plan on cleaning up the storage with some new shelves on the back wall. Also a "L" shaped workbench in the corner. Then finally some sliding doors on the right side for household and yard items.

I have 2 solid core 9' doors that I use for workbenches and some old cabinets underneath. They work great and in the line of work I'm in they were all free, along with most of the insulation in the ceiling.

khilgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #9
palmdale_mob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
palmdale_mob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Nothin too crazy
Just a couple jack stands, 3 ton jack, craftsman tool set

palmdale_mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #10
s13tilldeath*
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
s13tilldeath* is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
haha i have a car port thinking of building one though......

Tools and shit is behind the 86..... thats the only picture i have....
s13tilldeath* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #11
palmdale_mob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (12)
palmdale_mob is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
haha your cars winking at me :ghey:
palmdale_mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #12
s13tilldeath*
Zilvia Junkie

s13tilldeath* is an unknown quantity at this point
haha yes she is.....
s13tilldeath* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #13
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13

-in my basement
-couch, armchair
-32" tv (shitty)
-xbox flashed w XBMC, connected to home network
-Jail Break arcade game (Ms. Pac Man and a Pong cocktail in the living room upstairs)
-standard gear, i use Craftsman tools, 5 gallon Rigid air compressor, press, scroll saw, cherry picker, etc etc etc
-messy as fuck because we have to move things when it rains. this will be fixed in about a month. my roommate and i have a conflict of interest with the paint scheme. i want to do the Gulf paint scheme. big racing stripe down the middle of the wall. i was watching "The Adam Carolla Project" and he's got his garage painted that way. light blue with orange stripe. it's sick. if i don't get to do it here, i'll do it in my next garage. i've been thinking about buying commercial property. this has nothing to do with anything though.

i used to have these two nissan scissor jacks with acorn lug nuts welded onto the ends so you could lift the car with an impact gun. they got all jammed up, i need to make a couple more

Last edited by BustedS13; 03-29-2009 at 01:04 AM..
BustedS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:06 AM   #14
Slammed180
Zilvia FREAK!

Slammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of lightSlammed180 is a glorious beacon of light
That thing looks like a bomb shelter^^
Old 03-29-2009, 01:13 AM   #15
BustedS13
Post Whore!

BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
like i said, it's my basement, and it was built in like 1928 or some shit, so the ceiling is about 7 foot
Old 03-29-2009, 01:21 AM   #16
240sxdriftin
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (25)
240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of240sxdriftin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
older pic, but you get the idea...its tiny and i hate it
240sxdriftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 01:54 AM   #17
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
No pics, just craftsman tools, an air compressor, engine hoist and jacks. Snoretown.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 02:02 AM   #18
HYPNOTIK
Zilvia Addict

HYPNOTIK is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to HYPNOTIK
^How did you get the car into your basement? Take it apart and carry it downstairs piece by piece? LOL^

I wish I had a garage, all I have is an outhouse with shelves

HYPNOTIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #19
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews

and parts corner

VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:10 AM   #20
Fred Allen Burge
Zilvia Junkie

Fred Allen Burge is an unknown quantity at this point

All work done by me and a few friends, this is the first major construction I've done, learning a lot on the way. Will be done by the 4th of July, can't wait to finally have a garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fred

Last edited by Fred Allen Burge; 04-01-2009 at 04:29 PM..
Fred Allen Burge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:13 AM   #21
blackej7
Zilvia Junkie

blackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really niceblackej7 is just really nice

do work
Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 AM   #22
driftking777
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
driftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of lightdriftking777 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Went and took some quick pics, My shits dirty as my car is torn apart and my two daily drivers are in the garage as it wont stop snowing, but here it is, still isnt complete, but it is what it is.

atleast its a good size.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:03 AM   #23
sean350z
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
sean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of lightsean350z is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wow!! Great response...thanks all! Plus rep to you all!...if we still had rep
Old 03-31-2009, 12:04 AM   #24
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
Thanks a lot...i just spent like 2 hours on that garage journal forum....

Some guy built a garage with a theater room below it and a secret tunnel from the main house....
Old 03-31-2009, 07:16 AM   #25
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

TeamFRAT is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya pretty much chock full of stuff...
Roomates red 93'coupe with an Rb
My Silver 89' hatch with an sr
(hidden to the right) 89' fastback shell caged and ready to rock.
If you look inside there are probably 3 sr motors, couple rb's, misc aero, lots of beer.
I dont post much but this is a cool picture so I thought hey, what the hell.
TeamFRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #26
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
my dad's garage, but if i do anything to my car i do it here.

VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 04:09 PM   #27
BustedS13
Post Whore!

^looks like your dad is awesome
Old 04-01-2009, 09:33 PM   #28
francogt1
Zilvia Member

francogt1 will become famous soon enoughfrancogt1 will become famous soon enoughfrancogt1 will become famous soon enoughfrancogt1 will become famous soon enoughfrancogt1 will become famous soon enough
^ exactly what i thought.