Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-04-2018, 12:17 PM   #1
slyblaznbboi

Trader Rating: (0)
slyblaznbboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A/C Question

Quick question guys. I did some digging on here and saw a few threads about people getting their A/C to work in their s13s with rb20 swaps. I currently have a 92 R32 GTS-T and my A/C compressor is shot. In the threads, I saw people mention that 89-93 240sx A/C compressors were direct fits into their rb20 a/c compressor brackets. If I were to run an s13 compressor on my rb20, would I literally just need to have A/C lines fabbed up to accommodate the different compressor? Thanks for any help you guys can offer.
slyblaznbboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #2
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Subbed, I am curious about this too. I thougth only the single cam ka24e compressor would fit (Still not certain). I thought thedual cam ka24de compressor you need brackets?
Old 10-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #3
veprk

veprk is an unknown quantity at this point
thats whats in my rb25det'd s13. Its all there minus one line. Receipts show if functioned before top mount and bigger turbo were added
veprk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
smoked240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
smoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymoresmoked240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to smoked240
If the ac compressor fits and the belt alignment is straight then it should work! You'll need custom lines of course.You can pretty much adapt any ac compressor to any engine, the only real issue I can see is proper drivement of the compressor( underdrive vs overdrive) which might not even be a big deal.
Old 10-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #5
slyblaznbboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoked240 View Post
If the ac compressor fits and the belt alignment is straight then it should work! You'll need custom lines of course.You can pretty much adapt any ac compressor to any engine, the only real issue I can see is proper drivement of the compressor( underdrive vs overdrive) which might not even be a big deal.
Olay cool. That's what I was thinking. I just need to get clarification on if an early 240sx r12 compressor directly bolts to an rb20 bracket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veprk View Post
thats whats in my rb25det'd s13. Its all there minus one line. Receipts show if functioned before top mount and bigger turbo were added
So the S13 compressor directly bolted to you rb25 bracket? I know Rb20 and Rb25 compressors are different, so I'm still stumped on what compressor is a direct fit for me.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:17 PM   #6
veprk

veprk is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant tell, to much crap in the way and I didnt do the swap. just ran the part number on compressor and came back for 240sx
veprk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 05:03 PM   #7
slyblaznbboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by veprk View Post
I cant tell, to much crap in the way and I didnt do the swap. just ran the part number on compressor and came back for 240sx
Interesting. So an s13 compressor works on rb25 brackets. Hmm, do you think I could forego my Rb20 bracket and switch to an Rb25 bracket and go from there?