Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:19 AM   #1
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Forum Etiquette-thoughts/ discussions

Okay, recent behavior and disrespectful posts by members lately has made me wonder, does anyone have any sense of etiquette anymore?

In case you were wondering...

Etiquette ( /ˈɛtɨkɛt/ or /ˈɛtɨkɪt/, French: [e.ti.kɛt]) is a code of behavior that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group. The French word étiquette, literally signifying a tag or label first appeared in English around 1750.[1]

What do you guys think is acceptable?

For example, I think it is bed etiquette to thread jack, or to shit on someones for sale thread.

Example would be you go into a for sale thread see the price they are asking and after someone has displayed interest, someone posts in the thread telling the interested party that you see them go for cheaper elsewhere.

I see this happen all the time in other peoples threads, and it seems like the mentality is just to get the post count higher by posting a response to any and every thread they open regardless of what they post.

There are other things that strike me as rude or unacceptable. I but this is the first and most recent thing that made me want to see what everyone else thinks of this.

I think that if you shit in someones thread, and are deliberate about it, then you should be temporarily banned from the marketplace.

Anyway, what are some other things that bother you about this forum?

Please give examples and propose ideas that might fix the issues.

btw, I don't know if this topic is acceptable here, I hope it is, thank you for reading.
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 01:32 AM   #2
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
I don't think new members should have access to the forums because they do a lot of this thread shitting. I can't say there's a lot of negatives about this forum, it's just that new members bring bad habits from other forums or don't know how to search. I don't think there's a permanent solution to these issues because I'm sure other forums face similar problems. This isn't ebay, so members shouldn't expect to bid on items hoping that the seller will let it go at buyer's price. However, if there's a mutual negotiations on a price then whatever.

Same goes for member's reviving old ass threads hoping to get an answer for something that's already answered, or posting something irrelevant and wasting time to up their post count.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #3
illvialuver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
illvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfectionillvialuver is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
yeah, thats true, but then again I revived zenkis unite and it went from 9 pages to 912 pages currently.

I think it was 2 years old at the time of the bringing it back from the dead.
BUT that was just because I searched the forum for a thread about zenkis, and wanted to post a new thread about them and them only, but since there was already a thread for it, I didn't want to start a new thread when one already existed
illvialuver is offline   Reply With Quote