Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-14-2016, 02:57 AM   #1
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S14 kouki + project from the Netherlands

Hi everybody!

Normally i only read the topics here on Zilvia.
I'm also having a project so i thought I also share it with you guys.

This is my 1997 Nissan 200sx S14a (i'm from Europe, the Netherlands) so with the SR20DET. I bought this car in 2008, so I already got the car a few years.
Last year I decided to do a big makeover, because there was also a bit rust and other things. I bought the car with 124.000km, I used the car as my daily driver the last 7 years, when I started my project the km-counter was at 300.000km. The engine still runs great! Currently only the basic engine mods like, more boost, fmic, exhaust etc.

My plan is to have the car up and running in the beginning of next year.
The bodywork has to be done.

Somewhere next year i'm rebuilding the engine with more engine modifications.

My plans for the outside are a jdm kouki front/end with wide fenders and enkei rpf1 wheels.
After the build it will be a streetcar again so it has to be functional again so I will keep the same ride height.
Here I made a photoshop impression before I started.

The day I started

Alof of rusted bolts/nuts, hate it

Recieved the frp parts, front +25mm, rear +50mm, frp navan style skirts

jdm folding mirrors, i'm gonna convert these to LHD and combine them with the europe mirrors so then I got heated mirrors + electric folding option

Going to the welder for some work

As there was also alot of rust in the engine bay, we decided to make tubs.
Also new door sills, modified rear arches and welded some other places with rust.

New doorsils

Creating new rear wheel tubes

Cleaned and sealed the bottom

Going back home!

Last edited by CHiNo4ReaL; 12-15-2016 at 02:33 AM..
CHiNo4ReaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2016, 02:54 PM   #2
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Approved. Very cool build going on here.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:07 PM   #3
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

CHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura aboutCHiNo4ReaL has a spectacular aura about
Thanks!

Back from the welder, trying out the frp wide/overfenders and navan style skirts. The fitment is quite good, but not as perfect as I want so it needs modifications.

Started with the front fenders

I don't like fenders that doesn't cover the whole fender, so I also modified the overfenders for full fitment

I searched a long time, but I found a jdm k's bumper with lip in Japan. It took a while but I was very happy when I got it hehe. It was in great condition!

Dyed the original carpet black, also made a suede roofliner. I want everything black in the interior except the seats.

Nismo stuff

After the bumper I also recieved my new Enkei rpf1 wheels, 18x9.5 and 18x10.5. It took 4 months

The enkei's will be wrapped in federal semi's

After that it was time for more FRP work for the perfect fitment.
I don't want to use rivits for the rear fenders, they will be attached with kit.

More new parts

I already had a fmic kit, but as i'm renewing everything I also bought a new fmic kit. Needed to do some modifications because of the tubs

The right sideskirt also need some frp work as the fitment wasn't 100%

Also bought a kouki wing and rear spats to complete the package

Next it was some to do some work in the rear subframe.
I knew that the rear bearings and the subframe were a bit worn so I needed to change them.

Everything was all rusty, so decided to change everything, sandblast and powercoat it

This was fun to do

Back from the sandblaster/powercoater

New wheel bearings

Because everything was apart, I also decided to upgrade the rear brakes to a r33 setup. Got it in 3 days from Japan!

Everything back together

My old tank straps were also rusted, so the welder made some new ones for me, these will be added also with new fuel/brake lines from front to back.

Next it was some for some more frp work on the front fenders.
As I wanted to keep the splash guards like oem.
I also didn't like where the way the openings in the front fenders, so more modifications needed:

Finished with the skirts and front fenders

Another impression, can't wait to see stage 3 in real life hehe

Last edited by CHiNo4ReaL; 12-14-2016 at 03:47 PM..
Old 12-14-2016, 03:21 PM   #4
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Wow, awesome fiberglass work in here.

I didn't know there were oem LHD sr20 cars. Interesting.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 03:52 PM   #5
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Thanks!
This is my first time working with fibreglass, you have to be very patience for it and it takes alot of time haha

Yeah in Europe we got the SR20DET blacktop stock with the T28 turbo, also stock 5 lug wheels, heated leather front seats, heated mirror glass and other stuff.
Old 12-14-2016, 04:02 PM   #6
rik boellen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
rik boellen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hi mate!

Awesome to see your car overhere
Keep up the good work!
rik boellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 04:39 PM   #7
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
That first picture is awesome.

Great build so far. I like how you're trying to make the aftermarket aero function or at least look like it came from the factory.
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:45 PM   #8
S14kouki805
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
S14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud ofS14kouki805 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sub'd for the awesomeness

Sell me your old kouki skirts!
S14kouki805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #9
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Great looking build thus far. Love the attention to detail.

Let me know if you have any spare S14 center consoles that have the spaces for the heated leather seats switches.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 08:05 PM   #10
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post

Forget the skirts , sell me the z rear valance if it real !!!! Really pm price shipped to 92358 USA
Old 12-15-2016, 03:38 AM   #11
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
That first picture is awesome.

Great build so far. I like how you're trying to make the aftermarket aero function or at least look like it came from the factory.
Thanks! It was taken on my roadtrip to Italy, on the famous Gotthardpass at the border of Switzerland/Italy. Great roads for driving over there!

I'm indeed trying to make everything what I change as close as oem, or at least make it function as it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S14kouki805 View Post

Sorry the skirts are already sold.
Are these rare in the US?
If you want I can search for them over here, but I think that the shipping costs will be high because of the length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Great looking build thus far. Love the attention to detail.

Let me know if you have any spare S14 center consoles that have the spaces for the heated leather seats switches.
Thank you, i'm a perfectionist so i am doing my best!

It looks like this, I think that that piece with switches is demountable.
I can look for you if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95_S14 View Post
Forget the skirts , sell me the z rear valance if it real !!!! Really pm price shipped to 92358 USA
Sorry already sold! It was a perfect FRP replica, as the original of the Z and Racing-editions are very rare.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:47 AM   #12
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Builds from the Netherlands always seem to be of very high quality and attention to detail. Nice work.
Old 12-15-2016, 11:34 AM   #13
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHiNo4ReaL View Post
Thank you, i'm a perfectionist so i am doing my best!

It looks like this, I think that that piece with switches is demountable.
I can look for you if you want.
Yes please! If not, i"d still take a whole console.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:31 PM   #14
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
This is very nice! I love the detail. The seat belt holders/extenders are nice.
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 02:53 PM   #15
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushido View Post
Builds from the Netherlands always seem to be of very high quality and attention to detail. Nice work.
Thanks, i'm happy to hear that!
I hope that I can keep the standard and don't disappoint you haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Yes please! If not, i"d still take a whole console.
Please send me your contact details or facebook by PM for easier contact, I will look for you in our community!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Anderson View Post
This is very nice! I love the detail. The seat belt holders/extenders are nice.
Thanks!
The seatbelt holders are stock, don't you guys got that in the S14?
I know that the S13 got automatic seatbelts, but how is that in the S14 then?
Old 12-15-2016, 07:08 PM   #16
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I like where this build is heading... And you're a damn wizard with fiberglass...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:00 AM   #17
EmpyreS13
Zilvia Member

EmpyreS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is a proper build thread. Plenty of pictures and details to the build. I can't wait to see where this one goes. Great job.
EmpyreS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 08:26 AM   #18
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Thanks!
The seatbelt holders are stock, don't you guys got that in the S14?
I know that the S13 got automatic seatbelts, but how is that in the S14 then?
Nope, we don't have them. You just have to reach back and grab the belt. Are the holders attached to the belt or are they removable?
Old 12-16-2016, 11:37 AM   #19
rik boellen
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
rik boellen is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
They are attached

I have a extra spare set if you are interested
rik boellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 12:09 PM   #20
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

PM sent
Old 12-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #21
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Thanks for your comments guys, very happy to read it!
Soon more updates!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
I like where this build is heading... And you're a damn wizard with fiberglass...
Haha, thank you. Before I started working on the wide fenders I didn't had any experience with it. It only takes alot of time and patience!
When i'm finished with the fibreglass bodywork, i'm gonna make my own cooling panel. Maybe cover it with carbon fibre, not sure yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Anderson View Post
PM sent
I've just spoken Rik on the phone, I heard that you are also looking for the heated mirror glass. I think that I got a spare set! Will look for you tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2016, 03:53 PM   #22
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

I've just spoken Rik on the phone, I heard that you are also looking for the heated mirror glass. I think that I got a spare set! Will look for you tomorrow.
That would be awesome if you had a set! Thank you! I need to go over there. It looks like a beautiful country with cool cars.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:14 PM   #23
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Today I started working on my new brake/fuel lines, as the old fuel lines were a bit rusted.
Just need to paint them with bodyshoots so it wouldn't rust and then I can finally mount the fueltank + lines back and put the rear subframe back for the last time.

Also did some more frp work. One corner of the left front fender wasn't even with the door, so added a few layers of frp, sanded it down. Just need to add some white topcoat and then it is perfect

Also started with my rear trunk, sealing all the seams again with 3m sealer, repaint it so it will be nice and clean again.
Also place the battery box and relocate the windscreenwasher bottle to the trunk.

Last edited by CHiNo4ReaL; 03-29-2017 at 02:37 AM..
Old 12-28-2016, 02:37 AM   #24
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Just an small update, as I didn't had very much time last weeks

Recieved my BM57 BMC, as the CTS-V Brembo's + R33 rear don't work too tell with the stock BM50 I think

Finished with the rear booth, removed the original paint as there was a little flyrust.
New paint, 3m seam sealer so it is as new. Only need to find a good set of booth carpet.

Also started making my own cooling panel from fibreglass, I can also buy one but making my own is more fun to do!
I hope that I got more time this week, as now it is just a raw shape.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:13 PM   #25
jbcm12

jbcm12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Just an small update, as I didn't had very much time last weeks

Recieved my BM57 BMC, as the CTS-V Brembo's + R33 rear don't work too tell with the stock BM50 I think

Finished with the rear booth, removed the original paint as there was a little flyrust.
New paint, 3m seam sealer so it is as new. Only need to find a good set of booth carpet.

Did you move your washer resi to the trunk? How crazy was that to accomplish?
jbcm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:08 PM   #26
MadMan88
Leaky Injector

MadMan88 is an unknown quantity at this point
I might be mistaken but it looks like the car had the optional rear wiper and that is probably the reservoir for that.
MadMan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 02:22 PM   #27
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

I moved the front windscreen bottle to the rear indeed! It is an aftermarket bottle, not oem.
There was a rear wiper+nozzle, but I deleted it as I don't use it.

I used the existing line from the front to the back nozzle for the new windscreen bottle, just reconnected the lines.
Now only need to hookup the wiring and it is done.
When you are doing the same, just make sure that you got a one-way-valve in it, otherwise the nozzles will leak as there is no vacuum on the line I think?
The lines originally got a one-way-valve so I just had to turn it.

The current place of the bottle is just temporary, i'm gonna place it where the original jack sits.

The cooling panel is getting in shape.
Next, add some more fibreglass for the final shape and sand it down to make a smooth surface

Last edited by CHiNo4ReaL; 12-28-2016 at 02:55 PM..
Old 12-29-2016, 06:12 AM   #28
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
I love the way this is taking shape.

When you started your cooling panel, did you just put some plastic wrap or thin cardboard down first to get the initial form?
Old 12-29-2016, 06:18 AM   #29
CHiNo4ReaL
Leaky Injector

Yes, plastic wrap around the headlights / grill as you don't want any residue stick on there.
Also add some tape around the radiator support bar so when it is hardened it wouldn't stick and make it easier to get it off.
Then make a mould with cardboard and more tape and start with laminating the fibreglass

Old 01-10-2017, 07:57 PM   #30
moto21
Leaky Injector

moto21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Great build, glad I came across it. I'm looking forward to seeing all your future fiberglass work.
moto21 is offline   Reply With Quote