Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-06-2018, 04:00 PM   #17701
REVGASM
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
REVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to beholdREVGASM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
csgarage and rd sticker... dang that brings me back in time.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:10 PM   #17702
Avayo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Avayo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Oh yeah a normal, from-the-factory-RHD car is cool. I actually enjoy shifting with my left hand and having my dominant hand on the wheel. I just meant it's dumb to spend money to convert it. Just my opinion.

Also, can we make a pact to keep the StanceNation S13 out of this thread?
What don’t you like about that car? Just curious. Seems to be a pretty well done type x.
Avayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #17703
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:12 AM   #17704
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Sooo good except the hood spacers^^
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 06:47 AM   #17705
koukimonst3r
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
koukimonst3r is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

I don't know why it's sunk on the rear passenger side compared to the driver side. Debating if I should get an OEM Type X wing as an alternative to the GT wing.

ig : koukimonst3r
koukimonst3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:58 AM   #17706
a13x.
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
a13x. is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1EmbdhuEf0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GyWwguQuMU

a13x. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #17707
koukimonst3r
Zilvia Junkie

Looks great Alex!

Old 06-11-2018, 08:58 PM   #17708
juttaro00

juttaro00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Could someone point me in the direction of gt-1 kit with type3 overs? I can't find an example anywhere. I know most people are going say it requires kp fenders.
juttaro00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:00 AM   #17709
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by koukimonst3r View Post
I don't know why it's sunk on the rear passenger side compared to the driver side. Debating if I should get an OEM Type X wing as an alternative to the GT wing.
Honestly don't think the oem wing would look good as its too narrow. Need something wider. Don't even think my GT-1 wing would be wide enough.

Driving is good. You like the rsr's? I'd rate them as a mild grip tire, good in dry but horrible in the wet, wear extremely fast. I'm coming from z2 star specs though. Also running a 215/40 now, size is good.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #17710
Kamycakes
Leaky Injector

Kamycakes is on a distinguished road
Workin on it

@unnamed_ftcln
Kamycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #17711
merlz
Zilvia Member

merlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to allmerlz is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamycakes View Post
Workin on it
^ That's going to look so good once it's all painted. Those skirts have me so fkn jealous.

I did notice you had the BMW indicators too which suits your car much better than it did mine. I recently fitted D-Max clears to mine.

Old 06-12-2018, 04:11 PM   #17712
Kamycakes
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlz View Post
^ That's going to look so good once it's all painted. Those skirts have me so fkn jealous.

I did notice you had the BMW indicators too which suits your car much better than it did mine. I recently fitted D-Max clears to mine.
Yo thanks! I'm in love with your car since i first saw it and kinda miss the bmw indicators here haha

I'm changing my E36 indicators to full chrome ones soon to suit the gp sports mirrors winkers.
And Ikeya sides.. Yea. I always wanted them and now they're here. Unbelievable perfect looking thingy.
Kamycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:19 AM   #17713
R3b
Zilvia Junkie

R3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond reputeR3b has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone have a pic of a MNP3 on a hatch? Seen it on s14/s15s but nothing for hatches especially type x. Not the regular purple but proper color shift from blue-purple-copper.

Also anyone know how to adjust headlights while the are sleepy eye? One keeps on staying higher than the other and normally if I park up for awhile or I know im driving in the day I adjust it by the motor but soon as I switch my lights on and do sleepy eye its always off again. Adjust by the pushrod maybe??

R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:07 PM   #17714
Olly
Zilvia Member

Olly is making a name for him/her selfOlly is making a name for him/her self
There is a fuse you can pull under your dash that allows your headlights to stay on in 'sleepy' position without popping back up.

Which fuse though!? I forget.
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:08 PM   #17715
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly View Post
There is a fuse you can pull under your dash that allows your headlights to stay on in 'sleepy' position without popping back up.

Which fuse though!? I forget.
cut the brown wire
Old 06-19-2018, 04:59 PM   #17716
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by beems240sx View Post
cut the brown wire
That doesnt work if you want them to stay on. While in sleep eye mode
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #17717
oldman_KA_T

oldman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enough
I know some will tell me to search, which I have... however old image links are broken and the answers are fairly vague/vary. I'm planning on ordering an oem kouki front bumper setup, and was wondering if someone could elaborate on the various brackets that go with it. I am not trying to cheap out by not buying them, however I would rather not pay the price of certain ones if they can easily be fabricated which I'm assuming would be easy with some actual pictures. The manufacturer diagram doesn't really help with that.

It would be awesome if someone had some pictures of the backside of the bumper with all of the brackets installed. Would also appreciate an explanation on what you have to do to the chuki bumper support. Also, anyone running the DMAX position lights that act as turn signals as well? how is the longevity on those? well made? I keep seeing reports of OEM position lights fogging like typical oem plastic lenses do.
oldman_KA_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #17718
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
if you have an OEM chuki bumper, you can use all the innards from it inside the S13 kouki bumper. the only brackets you NEED are the extension brackets from the bumper to the fender skirts.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:12 PM   #17719
oldman_KA_T

oldman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enough
people say it sags and the fitment is crap without all of the brackets though. I'm aiming for good fitment.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:15 PM   #17720
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman_KA_T View Post
people say it sags and the fitment is crap without all of the brackets though. I'm aiming for good fitment.
mine never sagged... but i used ALL of the OEM skeleton pieces out of my chuki bumper to mount it properly (i didnt have a bumper support as i was running a FMIC), that included the radiator bracket mounts. i think the bulk of folks out there running kouki bumpers now dont bother using the support pieces that line the inside of the bumper and link it to the core support.

Old 06-19-2018, 09:32 PM   #17721
oldman_KA_T

alright. i guess i'll just order the fender extension brackets only and go from there.
Old 06-19-2018, 11:46 PM   #17722
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Quote:
alright. i guess i'll just order the fender extension brackets only and go from there.
again, you will need the metal skeleton parts from your chuki bumper (assuming you have one thats complete). there are 2 spots you will need to cut away with a knife, but its like 1/4" at most of material on each side... its been some 11 years since i put a kouki bumper on any of my S13s so i dont remember exactly where it was, but youll find it eventually (youll never see it on the outside of the bumper when mounted so dont worry)

Old 06-20-2018, 01:06 AM   #17723
jayrawr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
jayrawr has a reputation beyond reputejayrawr has a reputation beyond reputejayrawr has a reputation beyond reputejayrawr has a reputation beyond reputejayrawr has a reputation beyond reputejayrawr has a reputation beyond reputejayrawr has a reputation beyond reputejayrawr has a reputation beyond reputejayrawr has a reputation beyond reputejayrawr has a reputation beyond reputejayrawr has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jayrawr

Last edited by jayrawr; 06-22-2018 at 11:12 PM..
jayrawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #17724
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
I know some will tell me to search, which I have... however old image links are broken and the answers are fairly vague/vary. I'm planning on ordering an oem kouki front bumper setup, and was wondering if someone could elaborate on the various brackets that go with it. I am not trying to cheap out by not buying them, however I would rather not pay the price of certain ones if they can easily be fabricated which I'm assuming would be easy with some actual pictures. The manufacturer diagram doesn't really help with that.

It would be awesome if someone had some pictures of the backside of the bumper with all of the brackets installed. Would also appreciate an explanation on what you have to do to the chuki bumper support. Also, anyone running the DMAX position lights that act as turn signals as well? how is the longevity on those? well made? I keep seeing reports of OEM position lights fogging like typical oem plastic lenses do.
I'm told the chuki bumper support/crash beam fits behind the kouki 180SX bumper without issues, but can't confirm from personal experience. I have only used all of the proper brackets before with my bumper setups so unfortunately I am not much help there either, though it seems Dorki Dori has you covered there from his response.

As for the DMAX lights, they are of course not the same quality as the OEM position lamps, but they hold up alright. They're a great option if you don't plan to run the factory lower turn signals. If you do though, I would just buy the factory Nissan ones. I have never had an issue with them fogging up.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:54 PM   #17725
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrawr View Post
pic
this car is really nice bro. thanks for sharing
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:16 PM   #17726
koukimonst3r
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
Honestly don't think the oem wing would look good as its too narrow. Need something wider. Don't even think my GT-1 wing would be wide enough.
Nothing is wide enough unfortunately.

Old 06-28-2018, 03:51 PM   #17727
Kamycakes
Leaky Injector

Old 06-28-2018, 05:28 PM   #17728
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Old 06-29-2018, 08:49 PM   #17729
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
can confirm without the side brackets near the headlight it will eventually start sagging. Some company makes brackets that fit it since oem is hard to come by today.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 11:41 PM   #17730
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX88 View Post
can confirm without the side brackets near the headlight it will eventually start sagging. Some company makes brackets that fit it since oem is hard to come by today.
Do you know who makes them? Looks like the OEM ones are discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.trick View Post
Hardware first, this is all the stuff that wasn't included when buying the rest of the stuff new. Don't trust me on the quantities.

Bolt (Mounting): 08363-6162H x10
Clip (under bumper): 01553-00431 x10
Clip (bumper to support): 01553-09321 x6
Screw (flush, under bumper): 08340-6162A x10
Nut (bumper to fender): 08911-1062G x15
Clamp nut (licence plate): 01241-00881 x2
Fender brace: 63182-60F00 x2
Fender brace bolt: 08363-6165D x2

The rest:
Bumper Skin: 62022-60F25
Bumper Extension (LH): 62025-60F05
Bumper Extension (RH): 62024-60F05