Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:34 AM   #1
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Nintendo Switch Portable Console Thread

I know there's some Nintendo fans on here.

This thing looks amazing. I love that they are playing in their own world and let MS and Sony fight it out over who's dick is bigger.

From IGN:

Quote:
o has officially revealed the Nintendo NX, and it has a new name, Nintendo Switch. It will be released in March 2017.

Announced in a teaser trailer, the Switch confirms the rumours we’ve heard previously - this is a powerful handheld console featuring two detachable pieces that can act as individual controllers (called Joy-Cons), and a TV-connected dock for playing on the big screen. Its physical games will come in the form of cartridges similar to those used for the Nintendo 3DS.

Switch transitions from handheld to TV mode by simply lifting the screen portion of the console out of the dock. Multiple Switch consoles can be used in tandem for local multiplayer play.

We also saw a controller shell into which two Joy-Cons can be slotted. Nintendo has announced that it will also release a more traditional Switch Pro Controller, mirroring the Wii U's Pro Controller.

The trailer shows a new 3D Mario game, Skyrim: Definitive Edition, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, NBA 2K17, and what appear to be updated versions of Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon running on the console.
A full Zelda game on the go sounds like what dreams are made of.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'll believe how good it is when it is out. Sounds like a good idea but let's be real Nintendo always comes out with these crazy out of the box ideas that are just gimmicks. I hope it's as exciting as you say but either way VR is the future so eh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:41 AM   #3
STR8 H8N
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
I'll believe how good it is when it is out. Sounds like a good idea but let's be real Nintendo always comes out with these crazy out of the box ideas that are just gimmicks. I hope it's as exciting as you say but either way VR is the future so eh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
The Wii was a pretty great "gimmick". And like 100 million units were sold.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #5
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
Were you expecting another PlayStation/XBox?
Old 10-20-2016, 10:19 AM   #6
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
The Wii was a pretty great "gimmick". And like 100 million units were sold.
It was the first of its kind at the time that's why it sold so much but look at it and the other Wii's now. You play them once a year when your friends come over. Looking back at it now it wasn't very special.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllThingsGravy View Post
It was the first of its kind at the time that's why it sold so much but look at it and the other Wii's now. You play them once a year when your friends come over. Looking back at it now it wasn't very special.
Yeah. It's called innovation. It was genius timing. And do you still play the other consoles from 06? No. If you are still playing your Wii that's actually pretty amazing. I haven't even had my PS3 hooked up in 2 1/2 years.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:29 AM   #8
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Yeah. It's called innovation. It was genius timing. And do you still play the other consoles from 06? No. If you are still playing your Wii that's actually pretty amazing. I haven't even had my PS3 hooked up in 2 1/2 years.
The new Wii's as well as I said.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #9
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
This thing will be a monster once its jailbroken.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 12:54 PM   #10
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Nintendo's consoles look like stoner ideas. That being said. I will be buying one. Nintendo is the only console I will always buy.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 04:32 PM   #11
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Nintendo's consoles look like stoner ideas. That being said. I will be buying one. Nintendo is the only console I will always buy.
Nintendo is such a Japanese company through and through.
Old 10-20-2016, 05:14 PM   #12
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Oh goodness yes.

"Hey Nintendo the market is going this way ---------->"

Nintendo: "ok"

Procedes to go
l
l
l
l
V
Old 10-20-2016, 10:26 PM   #13
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Nintendo makes awesome systems for causual games, and people who like to have in-person multiplayer / party games.

I haven't been interested in a new console lately. This system sounds very interesting to me.

I feel its biggest hurdle will be battery life.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:20 AM   #14
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I want this instead lol
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/14/12...ed-price-games
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:46 AM   #15
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah the battery life and performance are the two big questions. They aren't announcing specs until next year. But unreal Engine 4 is supported so that's some good news.

If Zelda doesn't come on a gold cartridge I'm going to be pissed. Lol
Old 10-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #16
Future240
Future Moderator

Well its running a modified version of the guts in the Nvidia shield so maybe higher version of that.

https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2016/1...ntendo-switch/
Old 10-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #17
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
Yeah I'm getting that too.
Old 10-22-2016, 08:30 AM   #18
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
they had better not fuck me over and put the new zelda on this new console fam, I bought a wii U just for zelda, and if it doesn't come out on wii u ima feel like a total tool.

I seriously have like 10 hours on that stupid thing since I bought it like 3 years ago. It also doesnt play my old dvd's either, so it's useless otherwise
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 06:42 AM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

NES Classic comes out today. Stopping this morning to grab one. Reviews are all awesome. The only negative is the controller cords are super short. So you'll want a long hdmi cord so you can have the console close to you.
Old 11-11-2016, 07:56 AM   #20
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nintendo Switch Portable Console Thread

Quote:
NES Classic comes out today. Stopping this morning to grab one. Reviews are all awesome. The only negative is the controller cords are super short. So you'll want a long hdmi cord so you can have the console close to you.

Will they have earthbound on it? I never got to play earthbound, and have always wondered what its like since its famous and non american market

Edit: nevermind, earthbound is a SNES game, not a NES game. Or not, i dunno. Maybe it was offered here back in the day and i just never played it, who knows

Last edited by kashira kureijii; 11-11-2016 at 06:38 PM..
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:51 AM   #21
STR8 H8N
BANNED

Quote:
sold out everywher ?
Old 11-11-2016, 10:16 AM   #22
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah they are sold out everywhere. Stores got a MAX of 14. WTF kinda piss poor planning was that? They should have had 5 million of those things ready to go before Christmas.
Old 11-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #23
STR8 H8N
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah they are sold out everywhere. Stores got a MAX of 14. WTF kinda piss poor planning was that? They should have had 5 million of those things ready to go before Christmas.
piss poor planning?

u rly hav no idea how this works do u?

they knw wat they r doin
Old 11-11-2016, 11:12 AM   #24
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Yeah my gf had the day off and went to 5 different stores. All sold out.

Stores receiving 9-15 units each...

At the price of ONE video game they should've made WAY more than what they did.

Fucking dumb.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 11:17 AM   #25
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
piss poor planning?

u rly hav no idea how this works do u?

they knw wat they r doin
I get supply and demand/hype/holiday season but this is waaaaaay too few units for each store. They could have had triple the amount and still kept the hype going.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:51 PM   #26
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

My point exactly.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/11/11...fans-like-this
Old 01-09-2017, 08:42 AM   #27
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

10pm Thursday Nintendo has an event announcing specs, price, release date, lines up. The industry is hyped about this thing. The leaks say it's basically the power of the X Box One, which is fucking amazing. Can't wait for his thing.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:35 PM   #28
Future240
Future Moderator

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/3297...under-usd-250/
Old 01-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #29
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Yeah that's the right price, $250. I'll be in line the night before.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:33 PM   #30
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Well, looks like the preorders for this thing is 299.99

under $250 would have been amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote