Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-17-2015, 09:13 PM   #1
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
NHTKID is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I need some Power FC help/advice

Let me start from the top. I had a j4 enthalpy tuned ecu for t28 and s15 injectors. I have since went top mount with a custom 59/57 and bosch 850cc injectors. In that time I picked up a redtop power fc that I hooked up and repined my harness connector to work with my FC. It fired right up and went through the idle learn process and the car drove fine with the big turbo and 480's. I have since installed the 850cc injectors and after making the correction in the commander the car wont start. Its strange because if I leave my correction on 100% the car starts as it did with the 480's.. but if I enter the factory flow rate/the new flow rate 370/850 percentage (43.5%) it wont start at all.. I am confused and need some direction. Another thing I cant find anywhere since I lost my paperwork is the latency times for the new bosch injectors. I am not sure if that may be the case or not. But as I said if I set everything to 100% and 0ms latency it starts no problem.

Questions:
Why does it start with no correction with these huge injectors? It even idles fine. Is this normal? I thought it shouldn't start without the correction taken into account.

If it does start with no correction and goes through the learn process and idles 14.7-15.3 then am I ok to drive to the tuner?

When I do make the correction why will the car not start? I feel like im getting backwards results, as in no correction=start and correction=no start.

I have spent some time reading the guides online on power FC's and have a very basic understanding on how to get the car to start so that I can get it to a tuner (I am by no means a tuner, I just need to get to one). However, some more direction would be nice. Any input would be appreciated because I am confused.

Sorry about the inexperience.
Thanks for your time
NHTKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2015, 09:55 PM   #2
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

http://http://paulr33.com/powerfc-fa...rfc-faq.htm#57

This is what I read, but hasn't really helped in regards to the injector issue I am having.
Old 01-24-2015, 03:33 PM   #3
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

hard to believe no one can help me
Old 01-24-2015, 04:49 PM   #4
Dboyizmlg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Dboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-knownDboyizmlg is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Take it to a tuner
Dboyizmlg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:18 PM   #5
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Have you tried altering the latency with the size correction applied? Maybe try going ±0.1, 0.2, 0.5 and see if that lets it start. I'd skip past doing any 0.0x adjustment, if it was off by only that much, I think it would start.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2015, 10:54 PM   #6
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dboyizmlg View Post
Take it to a tuner
do you read?
Old 01-24-2015, 10:56 PM   #7
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Have you tried altering the latency with the size correction applied? Maybe try going ±0.1, 0.2, 0.5 and see if that lets it start. I'd skip past doing any 0.0x adjustment, if it was off by only that much, I think it would start.
ya i gave that a try today. Its weird i may have to trailer it to a tuner. I was under the impression i would be able to drive it though. After messing with it today I found that if i entered the correct percentage correction for the injectors it wouldn't start at all. but if i lowered it just enough to start it, it would idle lean and then drive VERY rich. Im thinking I'm going to trailer it. Any other ideas would be awesome.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:57 PM   #8
Dillinja666
Leaky Injector

Dillinja666 is an unknown quantity at this point
put old injectors in, drive to tuner, install new injectors, tune.
Dillinja666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:36 PM   #9
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
To see if latency is the issue, add .50 - .75 to the injector latency table (injector latency vs battery voltage) and re-try a 51%~ global fuel setting.
Old 01-26-2015, 12:09 AM   #10
ggilastpi

ggilastpi is an unknown quantity at this point
Im thinking I'm going to trailer it. Any other ideas would be awesome.
ggilastpi is offline   Reply With Quote