Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #31
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
CaBS is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
If he is already done, then he needs to post the whole damn thing. Chat is clogged up enough with this crap.

OMFG a SR with a BOV!! OH EM GEE some crappy offset wheels came in today!!

Rulez
Quick to judge much!

SXDevelopments on Facebook
CaBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #32
tuktuk23
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
tuktuk23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
def tuned in to his one! thats a lucky 180 to be getting all those gifts....spoiling the little bastard!
tuktuk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:03 AM   #33
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

I finally shelled out for some bigger cams and valve springs I picked them up in a kit for a decent price. Andrew came around and I helped him with the install. We had to rig up the air compressor to hold the valves up while we had the retainers out. Worked a treat though. I wish I had of installed the cam gear aswell though because the timing on the greddy cams seems to be slightly out and cost me more bottom end power than they really should have.

I also got my hands on some corner weight scales and learned how to use them. I could feel the difference afterwards as well the car felt much better with just the driver in it.

Bought some new dunlop direzzas which I hated. Would never buy these again. =/

The biggest thing was getting some avs track wheels doing a dogey spray can job on them and fitting up a set of brand new 235/45/17 RE55S tyres. These were unreal to drive on compared to anything else I'd driven on. The colour was pretty damn bright and paintjob shitty. There was an equal amount of lovers and haters :P

Random skidpan image. I cant really remember where this slots in so here it stays :P

The C's short shifter was sold and replaced with a standard Item. It was much nicer to shift with on the track with the standard Item even with the throw being much larger the other was just too short. (imho)

Old 04-13-2012, 09:05 AM   #34
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Keep it up man!, i just got doing the same thing to mine, you changing the subframe bushings? they make a big difference, go with part shop max solid , spl solids or energy suspension polyurethane! Good work!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #35
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

New rims arrived courtesy of Jesse Streeter. Works XT7's 17x9+17 and 17x9+28 filled the guards nicely. Quiet aggressive on the front though. I also bought a dry cell battery and relocated it to the boot for better weight distribution as well as clearing up some space in the engine bay.

Straight to the tyre shop

Bye bye to the p1's

agressive by my standards anways

Jaycar drycell

weeeeeeee

Love the colour of them

=D

weeeeee, again.

Thanks Kevin for this shot at an NSCC dynoday in 2010 thats NFI's S15 before the widebody in the background (SXDS15) and Philb's R34

Old 04-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #36
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Found an old pic of the nismo diff still boxed up before I'd put it in. =)

Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #37
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

The car was becoming more and more track orientated so I decided to strip out the interior and sound deadening as the start of a reasonably comprehensive weight loss scheme. =)

After pulling out the seat I had to laugh at the 3x stereo cables installed in the car. It looked like it'd been done afew times and knowone had ever bothered to pull out the old wiring they'd just started again.

There were some more again under the carpet.

Plenty of dry ice works waaaaaaay better than using it sparingly.

It came up quite well after some solvent and elbow grease. It didnt take long to get used to the extra noise.

The aircon system was also pulled out. Saving me approx 20kg and creating much better airflow to the radiator.

The end result of these items netted me this total weight without much fuel in the car. It was a start but still needs to loose alot more weight!

1148 kilograms = 2 530.90677 pounds btw =)

Old 04-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #38
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Before the upcoming NSCC day I ditched the old rotors which came with the brakes and fitted some new stoptech slotted two piece curved vein fronts and dba4000 slotted rears. The car also got treated to a reconditioning of the steering rack (it had developed some play) and some new upgraded tein rods/rod ends. I also shelled out for a new set of the whiteline ball joints. These worked much better and are sealed OEM style so should last alot longer too. I also ordered some new track rims while I was at it.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #39
Fracture
Leaky Injector

Fracture is an unknown quantity at this point
wow what a classy build. im jealous that you are able to pour so many good parts into your car, not to mention that toolbox! i like the attention to suspension work. definitely a build im going to keep my eye on
Fracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #40
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracture View Post
wow what a classy build. im jealous that you are able to pour so many good parts into your car, not to mention that toolbox! i like the attention to suspension work. definitely a build im going to keep my eye on
Thanks man, its always been aimed more at handling than power given my interest is time attack and track days this is the way it should be I think. =)

Plenty of power coming soon though cause thats always fun too! =D

Old 04-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #41
HPKMotorsports3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
HPKMotorsports3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Nice work so far...
HPKMotorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #42
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaBS View Post
Quick to judge much!
Still not impressed.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #43
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
^ Cool story, I don't think he gives two shits. Do you do anything else besides thread shitting? Even that wheel-chair dudes cancer thread was fair game for you.

Anyway this build is kinda cool. Can't stand those taillights though, needs moar Kouki.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #44
c-los13
Zilvia Junkie

c-los13 is an unknown quantity at this point
First build i avtually read. Very interesting
c-los13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #45
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaZeD View Post
^ Cool story, I don't think he gives two shits. Do you do anything else besides thread shitting? Even that wheel-chair dudes cancer thread was fair game for you.

Anyway this build is kinda cool. Can't stand those taillights though, needs moar Kouki.
Got you covered dude!

Old 04-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #46
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Still not impressed.
Devastated!
Have you considered not reading it if you dont like it bud? Just a thought.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:17 PM   #47
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

New new track rims I'd bought finally arrived. 17x9+22 RPF01's at only 7.2kg per rim they're a very light and well priced option. I fitted up the RE55's for the upcoming track day. I also got my rocker cover powder coated. I'd actually bought another one and got it done so I could just swap it over and not have to leave the car with nothing on it for a week. It came out really nicely I'd actually not seen any other cars with this at the time. There are quiet afew SR20 covers I've seen around with this now. =)

I also ordered an S15 OEM oil cap. These are lighter than all the other aftermarket ones and dont tighten up when the rocker cover gets hot or cold like I've had with the stock S13 oil cap and some of the aftermarket ones.

Ended up having to run almost 3 degrees neg in the rear not to scrub.

Used some red nissan gasket goo and fitted a new rocker cover gasket before we put it on.

The writing had the powder coating shaved off leaving the fresh alloy. Makes it look brand new imo. Pity about the rest of the engine bay :P

I bought new washers for the rocker cover aswell. These ended up being some stupidly expensive price well over $100 from nissan australia. I wouldn't have ordered them had I realised. But they did look nice anyhow.

Purchased a new Cusco strut brace to replace the old one which was looking rather dated and cruddy. Also the older bar was just one round section between the towers. This flat tube in theory should provide slightly more rigidity. Probably never tell the difference though. =)

Old 04-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #48
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

World time attack 2010 came around I had my car in the NSCC club display not that I really though it was show car worthy but we got a good club deal and it was a nice close place to park. A car that really changed my perception of what a 180SX could and should be was Wanyes 180. This thing had some serious styling and is hell fast. I was and still are blown away by the attention to detail on both this and later his brothers car, serious dedication to finish I've not seen matched on any other cars in the JDM scene here.

Had had the NSCC day the weekend before. This was the first superlap under the WTAC banner with all the international cars. Was an awesome event! I cant wait for this years!!

A short clip I took of Wanyes car at WTAC2010. Clean on a whole new level.
Wayne Suttons 180SX Closeup - YouTube&fs=1" width="644" height="390">Wayne Suttons 180SX Closeup - YouTube&fs=1" />Wayne Suttons 180SX Closeup - YouTube">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wayne Suttons 180SX Closeup - YouTube

Old 04-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #49
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Hmmm whats with you youtube tags comes up with all the embed code in the post and then doesn't actually load it?? I had a look in the faq for youtube stuff and couldnt see anything. Hmmm if someone knows what I'm doing wrong can you let me know please? I've got some more youtube vids coming.

Last edited by CaBS; 04-14-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Old 04-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #50
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

I kept having issues with the gauges I'd bought because in the daytime you could hardly see them due to reflection. The oil pressure gauge being near useless cause you couldn't look at it while driving. So I shelled out for a defi link unit and 60mm boost gauge. This let me set parameters which if anything goes outside of it sets an alarm going. Also you can record several minutes of replay and record your peak values. The alarm and peak values are very handy. Especially when setting up your boost controller or flat out on the track. You can concentrate on driving and know you dont have to check any temps unless it screams at you.

The sensor kits I got were oil temp, speed, revs, oil pressure and water temp.

Got a new carbon stereo surround. Highly doubtful its any lighter than the standard Item but it looks way cooler =)

I also imported a smart camber gauge to help us do our own alignments on the run.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:51 PM   #51
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

This is some in car of the next track day I made it too. There was so much more left in the car and I was driving reasonably conservatively due to brake locking issues and having tried too hard in the morning. The next session pissed down rain which was fun in itself but not helping me lower my pb at all :P Quickest lap in here shows as 109.2 the official timing had it as 109.16. I haven't had a chance in my car to go back to wakefield since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfY7XhBJDw0&fs=1" width="644" height="390">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfY7XhBJDw0&fs=1" />http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfY7XhBJDw0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfY7XhBJDw0

Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #52
nassin31spr
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
nassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to beholdnassin31spr is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Very cool, keep up the good work

"Home is where the armor is"
nassin31spr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #53
ksharp
Leaky Injector

ksharp is an unknown quantity at this point
That blue 180 is mental, what kit is that??
ksharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #54
Fracture
Leaky Injector

Fracture is an unknown quantity at this point
looks like INGS with custom front splitter/canards and a rear diffuser
Fracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #55
riptor
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
riptor is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
good build...keep it up bro
riptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 05:23 AM   #56
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

Here was the last trackday I did in the car before it was pulled off the road. The bottom end finally gave up the ghost on the way home from this trackday after 170,000km and the last 40odd thousand of it making 200ish rwkw
This was my first and so far only time driving eastern creek. Awesome track really forces you to respect turn one or tears are inevitable :P
I cant wait to drive it again with some proper aero.

15/04/11 Easterncreek open day 1:51.5 - YouTube&fs=1" width="644" height="390">15/04/11 Easterncreek open day 1:51.5 - YouTube&fs=1" />15/04/11 Easterncreek open day 1:51.5 - YouTube">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15/04/11 Easterncreek open day 1:51.5 - YouTube

Old 04-15-2012, 05:29 AM   #57
CaBS
Zilvia Junkie

So I thought I'd post up some pics of cars which have been a big influence on my ideas and slightly pimp the other two SXD cars both which fall into that category anyhow. =) We'll get around to doing a build thread on nfi's car soon too (SXDS15) when we get time. There is alot of work going down on his car in preparation for our WTAC2012 entry and prior testing. The SXDS14A Build thread can be found here if any of you are interested. =)

Old 04-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #58
Conrad 2NR
Zilvia Member

Conrad 2NR is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow!

Now I can unsubscribe from ns.com, lol.

Love the build.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:28 AM   #59
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
cool build thread.

this guys build thread is also awesome

I remember reading it plenty of times on the nissansilvia.com website.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:43 AM   #60
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
looking good.