Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Polls

Polls Post All Polls in Here.

View Poll Results: Need to know the percentage of people who wouldbuild/or have or plan to have ka24det
I have had a ka24de-t 55 11.43%
I currently have a ka24de and wish there was more support for it. 63 13.10%
I am planning on building a ka24de-t 142 29.52%
I preffer the sr20det. 221 45.95%
Voters: 481. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #11
silsx13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (34)
silsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant futuresilsx13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to silsx13
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy View Post
You obviously have never driven or purchased an sr if this is how you feel. Stock ka vs stock sr, sr is the better choice. Stock ka with t25 or t28 vs stock sr, sr still is better. Built ka vs mildly built sr, sr still is the better decision. The amount you spend a ka-t could be spent on an sr swap. With a much better return on investment. Stock sr's can handle a hell of a lot more than a ka. Plus its lighter, plus the aftermarket is bigger, plus its a shit ton more reliable.

After having a stock ka24e, then a ka24de, then ka24det, then built ka24det. My mildly built sr (head work, valves, lifters, cams, 2871r) was the best decision i have ever made. I saved $1000's going the sr route.

Oh and yes i autoX and drift the car. I also run high speed time attack and door to door. And with an sr i lost enough points to drop me into a class the car is competitive in, and not a bunch of fully built lotus elise's.

Yes I have driven a 240sx with an SR swap (buddy's car, redtop w/upgraded S14 T28) and drove it in Autox, Drift and on track AND, I can say I liked it BUT not as much as how the power delivery is with the KA.

Guess you can say that I'm like any American: I like torque over high revving stuff haha.

SR is a good engine but I just prefer the KA more.

Blog: http://hartapexlife.blogspot.com/

silsx13 is offline   Reply With Quote