Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 08-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #1
jdm213
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
jdm213 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
SR Waste Gate nipple

I just got a pbm hmic and it doesent have the nipple for the waste Gate and wanted to know the best placement should be for this

Is it better to have it between the bov and the turbo on the hot pipe? I been reading that supposedly you loose boost like around 2 psi if I run it this way if it's closer to the turbo and that it pre maturely opens up ? Is this true

Or is it better to run it to one of the throttle body nipples but I heard ppl say this is better and there boost went higher ? Which I don't really think it's a good idea especially tee of the bov line ...
jdm213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2017, 06:11 PM   #2
jdm213
Zilvia Addict

Bump someone should have an answer to this
Old 09-06-2017, 12:53 PM   #3
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
When I upgraded to a Greddy FMIC kit it came with extra hose and instructions to splice a T-tap into one of the carbon canister vacuum lines. I traced it back, and it's the small line directly off the bottom of the throttle body. The larger lines in that area are fed from the manifold and I understand the wastegate actuator shouldn't see a vacuum.

Mine is running fine.

That said, I've always read that it's better to have a source closer to the turbo and I've noticed many higher end turbos have the nipple build in. I don't know about losing boost or premature opening, since your boost controller should compensate for that.

Here's how my lines are laid out in my S14 (yes I have the factory wastegate solenoid also).

LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 02:58 PM   #4
LayNLow
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
LayNLow is making a name for him/her selfLayNLow is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just drill and tap a hole in the compressor outlet pipe that turns up 90* and thread a fitting in. Thats what I did, nice and easy. Just make sure the location you pick will leave enough room for the nipple and hose.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:50 AM   #5
bmxguy08

Trader Rating: (0)
bmxguy08 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
When I upgraded to a Greddy FMIC kit it came with extra hose and instructions to splice a T-tap into one of the carbon canister vacuum lines. I traced it back, and it's the small line directly off the bottom of the throttle body. The larger lines in that area are fed from the manifold and I understand the wastegate actuator shouldn't see a vacuum.

Mine is running fine.

That said, I've always read that it's better to have a source closer to the turbo and I've noticed many higher end turbos have the nipple build in. I don't know about losing boost or premature opening, since your boost controller should compensate for that.

Here's how my lines are laid out in my S14 (yes I have the factory wastegate solenoid also).

Follow that picture but if you dont have the EVAP emissions just come straight off the the throttle body and then put a T on it and one goes to the BOV and one goes to the wastegate done.
bmxguy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #6
jdm213
Zilvia Addict

I think I'm going to weld a bung and put a 1/8npt babrbed nipple sound more practical or drilling the hole
Old 09-24-2017, 02:08 AM   #7
s13-ghost
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
s13-ghost is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
I got red top with pbm hmic, and I'm running wastegate it to bottom nipple under throttle body. Planning to weld a bung in near future tho. Had it like that for almost a year without any problems.
s13-ghost is offline   Reply With Quote