Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #11221
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
the NC was just terrible... i dont care what anyone does to it, its just ugly! it was the low point in Mazdas mid/late 2000s design language, which is really sad as the NB was on fucking point! even the RX8, MS3 1st and 2nd gen and 1st gen Mazda6 were flat out amazing looking!

funny thing is, the ND is just as hideous, but the Fiat version is just hotness and more Miata looking than the damn Miata lol
Oh I am with you . The ND is like "what you almost got it Mazda"....but Fiat they killed it. I love the look of the 124.
I don't care what anyone says it does not look goofy( in reference to another post comment) . In fact the ND is closer to looking goofy. Lol

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2018, 02:08 AM   #11222
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Not really sold on the 124 myself looks wise, but it’s arguably a stronger value than the ND Miata when you price out the brembos and recaro seats. I would think the turbo on the fiat would be easier to get more power out of.

Also hope that removable hardtop some day becomes available. It’s lighter than the ND RF, and hopefully should cost less too.

Design wise only thing I dislike about the ND is the boring colors available. I wish they would bring back sunburst yellow, forest green, and the bright red from the NC clubs. I like that Mazda took risks, most likely knowing it would be controversial. It is not as ‘safe’ as the current 3 and 6, which I don’t care so much for.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 06:03 AM   #11223
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I’d much rather have a used FRS honestly. Aren’t they getting pretty cheap already?
Old 03-16-2018, 06:21 AM   #11224
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I looked for giggles, and locally they're 15-20k used. And all damned automatics.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 08:00 AM   #11225
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
TBH, I prefer the looks of the NB over the NC as well. The NC just looks really toned down and the Miata was already a soft looking car. How much more estrogen can that thing take?!? lol But that aside, I still thought it was clean design and that's enough for me to work with. Additionally, in comparison to the NB, the NC just makes the earlier gens look flimsy to me. I actually like the more sturdy and substantial look of the NC.

But the biggest draws of the NC to me are already having 5x114.3 wheels and capability to fit both 17s and 18s easily. Seriously, fuck the prior gen's 4x100 tiny wheel shit selection.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
Seems very similar to a NA KA with the added cost of a swap on top of it.
I mean, it's still a Miata. It was never gonna be a factory powerhouse. I mean, you could always go the Flying Miata route and FI the stock 1.8 or 2.0. Apparently, 250 and 300hp limits, respectively. While the 2.5 will get you to 400hp+ with boost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I looked for giggles, and locally they're 15-20k used. And all damned automatics.

That's just tragic. Damn millennials... smh
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
Oh I am with you . The ND is like "what you almost got it Mazda"....but Fiat they killed it. I love the look of the 124.
I don't care what anyone says it does not look goofy( in reference to another post comment) . In fact the ND is closer to looking goofy. Lol
Totally agreed. I too prefer the 124's looks over the ND's. But that could all change with a few changes on a mid-model refresh/facelift for the ND. It's sooo damn close to looking amazing. But right now, it's just a bit off still.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:04 AM   #11226
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post

I found some manuals around $11k with about 30k on the odometer. That’s not bad considering there are 240’s FS on here for more than that. Give it another year or two and I think the FRSs will hit a real low because no one will want one unless it’s a “Toyota”.
Old 03-16-2018, 10:27 AM   #11227
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I’d much rather have a used FRS honestly. Aren’t they getting pretty cheap already?

Yeap, I found one locally 2013 manual 75K listed for 9,000.

If FA20DIT swaps become a thing, this car basically would be the next gen 240sx.

I checked BRZ , major price diff. Pretty much 14-15K even with 75K miles
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:37 AM   #11228
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
i dont think motor swaps are ever going to become as popular as they once were with 90s cars... there are too many electronic issues that come with them now, ESPECIALLY automatics! unless you are going track only trailer queen, motor swaps are going to be nothing but problematic with all the emissions bullshit, computer controls for everything in the car and even motor wise. i think were all holding onto ideas we grew up with that arent a reality anymore

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:12 PM   #11229
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Some of us live were emissions is not an issue. I am sure some company could make a swap kit for the electronics ala wiring specialties to get rid of electrical issues. Plus definitely not talking about an automatic.

Though I agree with you on the waning popularity. I'd much rather buy a car with the power already there and use mods to make more versus swapping the engine. Hell it is taking me months just to finish my KA to KA swap.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:18 PM   #11230
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I’ve never had the patience for a motor swap.
Old 03-16-2018, 02:25 PM   #11231
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
I’ve never had the patience for a motor swap.
Its honestly not that bad... Last SR I swapped, friend of mine and I did it in 8 hours, and that was with removing the KA. Also included swapping on a T28 and drilling intercooler holes.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:10 PM   #11232
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Consequently, all of the electronics can have the opposite effect and make engine swapping and modding easier because the factory sensors and ecu are so capable that you basically have a full standalone capability when it comes to tuning it that the older cars don’t have until you dump 3k into an ecu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 05:55 AM   #11233
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/03...mx-concept-ev/

Just one letter (and a whole fucking different car) away from the car we wanted.
Old 03-18-2018, 01:52 PM   #11234
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

it seems to me Nissans entire goal is to make their whole line of vehicles into EV

Old 03-18-2018, 10:15 PM   #11235
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
it seems to me Nissans entire goal is to make their whole line of vehicles into EV
Thats actually the road Ford is embarking down as well. Its really sad.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 06:10 AM   #11236
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

It’s not joust them. It’s amost the whole industry.

Volvo will be all electric in a few years. The current ICE they have are their last generation. Porsche is all in on electric, jaguar and Range Rover, etc.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:26 AM   #11237
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Ok yeah, I think I'm falling hard. This thing is right up my alley.
I don't even think I'll need the 2.5 swap to enjoy TF outta this.
Plus, I hear converting from NC1 to NC2/NC3 front fascias is pretty easy.
The streets will be flooded with 86's and Z's. This is a nice change of pace, with better fit/finsh and aftermarket support than the Kappas twins I was interested in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sF036zNvcc
Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #11238
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

^
I can dig that. I’d personally go a little less aggressive with the wheels but over all, dope. That rear diffuser is super fresh.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:43 AM   #11239
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/19/...cessor-rumors/

Fresh Z rumors. Supposedly we’ll see a concept this year and production next year. Code name Z35 (obviously), an AWD version and 475hp, still riding on the dinosaur chassis (is it still considered the FM??) the new Q60 is on.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:14 AM   #11240
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
^
I can dig that. I’d personally go a little less aggressive with the wheels but over all, dope. That rear diffuser is super fresh.
Word. All I'd add would be side skirts here.
I could be wrong, but I think more ppl hate on the NC because they are remembering the bland-ass Zenki version... The NC1. But it got progressively better looking with the NC2 and NC3 refreshes.
Bumpers swap right on. Headlights are different, but there a kit that allows you to cheap out, pairing NC1 headlights with the NC2/3 bumpers.

I know some ppl hate that smiley face shit, but I LOVE it. Makes me smile every time I see a Mazda with that design language...lol
Quote:
https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/19/...cessor-rumors/
You know the routine. I won't hold my breath...lolsmh
Fresh Z rumors. Supposedly we’ll see a concept this year and production next year. Code name Z35 (obviously), an AWD version and 475hp, still riding on the dinosaur chassis (is it still considered the FM??) the new Q60 is on.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:05 PM   #11241
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

So the Stinger is out. Wife liked it but not enough to justify buying a $56k Kia. Unfortunately they only have GT2s anywhere around me. The GT1s are in the mid $40s which is where I was comfortable.

The new Infiti QX50 wasn’t bad, but it just doesn’t feel special.

Welp still looking.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #11242
Future240
Future Moderator

^^Why not an SS?

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=200079669

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Word. All I'd add would be side skirts here.
I could be wrong, but I think more ppl hate on the NC because they are remembering the bland-ass Zenki version... The NC1. But it got progressively better looking with the NC2 and NC3 refreshes.
Bumpers swap right on. Headlights are different, but there a kit that allows you to cheap out, pairing NC1 headlights with the NC2/3 bumpers.

IMO NC2 looks the best out of them though I am team NB.

Since we are talking swaps, there is also....https://miatasr20.com/. Expensive but imagine a S15 SR with 555cc injectors in a Miata. Would be nuts.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:37 PM   #11243
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Smiley faced Mazdas are the best. The smiles are so contagious. So sad when they took it out of the 3 and Miata.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #11244
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
IMO NC2 looks the best out of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
Smiley faced Mazdas are the best. The smiles are so contagious. So sad when they took it out of the 3 and Miata.
I like the NC3 the best, as well. But I can't lie, that red NC3 in the comparison pic looks like
Old 03-19-2018, 02:31 PM   #11245
Future240
Future Moderator

I could rock this

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/374221...=9&w=530&h=297
Old 03-19-2018, 03:10 PM   #11246
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
^^Why not an SS?
You can't find them new anymore. Not with a stick at least.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:43 AM   #11247
Future240
Future Moderator

Quote:
You can't find them new anymore. Not with a stick at least.
Does it have to be off the lot new?

Listing Summary

Dealer's Price:$41,997 Location: Chandler, AZ · Mileage:12,065 milesTransmission:6-Speed Manual

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=202109258
Old 03-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #11248
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Does it have to be off the lot new?

Listing Summary

Dealer's Price:$41,997 Location: Chandler, AZ · Mileage:12,065 milesTransmission:6-Speed Manual

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=202109258

Yeah. We wanted to do a lease. The kids are just too rough on cars at this point for me to want to keep anything. Made a decision will have pics next week when I pick it up. I’ll have the first one in Wisconsin. They haven’t even hit dealerships here I had to drive down to Chicago to buy one
Old 03-21-2018, 02:47 PM   #11249
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Lot of talk of the NC Miata here, a similar car that I feel has lot's of value currently is the S2000.

I was looking into getting a Zenki, but any rust free one I found in the Midwest was a price tag of $4,500 or higher... decided the drift tax was just not worth it and started looking at S2000s.

Ended up getting an AP1 with high mileage, but very well maintained. Rust free Southern car. Everything stock but a hardtop for under $7K. Needs a bit of work but I'm, happy with my purchase.

Made the 500 mile trip home with 0 issues
Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #11250
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post
Lot of talk of the NC Miata here, a similar car that I feel has lot's of value currently is the S2000.

I was looking into getting a Zenki, but any rust free one I found in the Midwest was a price tag of $4,500 or higher... decided the drift tax was just not worth it and started looking at S2000s.

Ended up getting an AP1 with high mileage, but very well maintained. Rust free Southern car. Everything stock but a hardtop for under $7K. Needs a bit of work but I'm, happy with my purchase.

Made the 500 mile trip home with 0 issues
Nice. I've driven both myself and prefer the tail-happy configuration of the AP1 vs the more subdued AP2. Could be because I prefer that. AP1 wants to be beat on with that higher redline. AP2 is for a more suitable daily-driving experience.