Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-29-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
LDDIAZ79
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
LDDIAZ79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Post R32 gtr interchangeable suspension parts/arms

Hi Guys/Gilrs

Im a Proud owner of a R32 GTR. Once i got my car i wanted to upgrade the suspension. Well i have search dealers websites and Notice there is not a big market out there for R32 GTR suspension. So i search on forums and found mix statement and comments that made lil sences... So im putting all that info together to make a master list of interchangable suspension parts from other cars that will fit a R32 GTR ... IF u find something wrong with my info OR have better confirm info please share it with us....please let me know so i can update it ... im just trying to help those in need of this info.. thanks and hope this Help.....

R32 GTR INTERCHANGABLE SUSPENSION ARMS

NISSAN PARTS THAT ARE INTERCHANGABLE TO
R32GTR/GTS T

FRONT SUSPENSION
LOWER CONTROL ARMS
GTR SPECIFIC/ GTS T SAME AS S13/Z32
TENSION ROD
GTR SPECIFIC/ GTS T SAME AS S13/Z32
UPPER ADJ. ARMS(UPPER LINK)
Z32
SHOCK ABSORBER /STRUT
Z32/ GTS T SAME AS Z32
SWAY BAR
S13
STABILIZER LINKS
03-06 honda accord
INNER TIE ROD
Z32
OUTTER TIE ROD ENDS
Z32
UPPER CONTROL ARMS
Z32

NOTE: FOR GTR FRONT LOWER CONTROL ARMS & TENSION ROD BEST AFTERMARKET KIT I FOUND IS ( IKEYA FORMULA )Ikeya Formula - Roll Center Adjuster Lower Kit - Nengun Performance
THIS KIT HELP WITH THE GEOMETRY OF THE CAR WHEN LOWERED...
THEY HAVE EVERY SINGLE ARMS YOU NEED FOR YOUR R32 GTR NOWIF U HAVE THE $$$$$ FOR IT THEN BUY ALL OF THEM.. IF NOT THEN GO THE OTHER ROUTE WICH IS BUY JUST THE FRONT KITS AND BUYING THE REST OF THE ARMS SOMEWERE ELSE.

REAR SUSPENSION
LOWER CONTROL ARMS
S13/Z32
UPPER CAMBER ARMS
S13/Z32
TRACTION CONTROL ARMS
S13/Z32
HICAS OUTER TIE ROD END
AFTERMARKET CANCEL RODS
HICAS INNER TIE ROD
AFTERMARKET CANCEL RODS
SWAY BAR
S13/Z32
STABILIZER LINKS
S13/Z32
SHOCK ABSORBER
Z32 / GTS T SAME AS S13
SUBFRAME BUSHINGS
S13
DIFF BUSHINGS
Z32

I email Power by MAX for some insite
here is the reaspones:

Hi Luis, here's what I know about the compatibility of the s-chassis and R32:

The differences in front LCA's is the s13 front balljoint and balljoint taper and skyline r32/s14 balljoint tapers are different. Other than the s13 balljoint and it's taper, the LCA's for s13 and R32 are the same length, except the r32 arm instead shares the s14's balljoint and balljoint taper. The s13/r32 tension rod's are identical, but s14 tension rod's are longer. So it's a mix-up of all of these parts. The R33 skyline's are even easier, they have the same front LCA's and tension rods as the s14. I know now that S13 and R32 use the same front swaybar setups, the swaybar should bolt up to the LCA no problem. Now keeping the sway bar from being ground down like metal pushed into a bench grinder when my wheel's at full lock; that's another story. If these FLCA/Tens. rod's have better wheel clearance than oem LCA's and tension rods then they will be awesome for R32's

The rear LCA fitment is based off of the subframe the car is running. S13/R32 use narrower subframe side LCA mounts than S14/S15/R33 skyline. The Rear LCA's spacers must match the subframe they are mounting to.

Rear Traction rods should fit across most different models, but I think toe arms might change between years (probably still s13/r32 and s14/s15/r33).

S13/R32 rear strut bodies are 110mm shorter than S14/R33, S13/r32 rear top mounts have a narrower bolt pattern than s14/r33, the rear lower mounts are held on with a nut on s13/r32 and a bolt on s14/r33.

Thanks,
Nate

Last edited by LDDIAZ79; 09-29-2012 at 06:24 AM.. Reason: TITLE WRONG
LDDIAZ79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
LDDIAZ79
Zilvia Member

any insite if im right on this????
Old 04-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #3
Zenki R

Zenki R is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDDIAZ79 View Post
Hi Guys/Gilrs

Im a Proud owner of a R32 GTR. Once i got my car i wanted to upgrade the suspension. Well i have search dealers websites and Notice there is not a big market out there for R32 GTR suspension. So i search on forums and found mix statement and comments that made lil sences... So im putting all that info together to make a master list of interchangable suspension parts from other cars that will fit a R32 GTR ... IF u find something wrong with my info OR have better confirm info please share it with us....please let me know so i can update it ... im just trying to help those in need of this info.. thanks and hope this Help.....
So you want to upgrade your GT-R's suspension and and according to you, you have searched dealers on the internet and there's not a big market... I hope you're kidding... coz there are TONS of aftermarket support for GT-Rs including your early 90s one! Japan has nothing but support for the GT-R bloodline. Have you tried dealers like RHDJapan, Nengun (you did?), even our good friend Jesse Streeter! Basically shops that have direct access to Japan. But of course parts for the Skyline GT-R32 - 34 are HTF in the some parts of U.S. So you must source them to shops like I've mentioned.

As for your suspension bits, a non JDM brand that has many for the BNR32 is whiteline. They're cheaper too! Oh and ultra racing for braces and stuff. Nismo has a full suspension set, but expensive. On oem Nissans, I've heard 300Z has some parts the same. RHDJapan has lots of oem support. Take note also the suspension parts for the GT-R is different from a non GT-R Skylines like Gtst etc. And you cannot compare the aftermarket suspension styles of drift cars with that of GT-R. Most of their aftermarket suspension has this no nonsense approach for its ATTESA ETS.

Any pics of the car by the way?

Last edited by Zenki R; 04-04-2013 at 07:47 AM..
Zenki R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:32 AM   #4
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
If you can't find any aftermarket support for a R32, you should give me the car

but good idea on the list, i wouldn't have the patience to research all of that.
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
I owned a GT-R during my stay in Japan... Only researched aftermarket stuff I intended to buy. Pat Antnell at RHD is good people- bought a ton of stuff from him.

PLENTY of aftermarket support & tech info on the web... Problem is like ^^he said^^ not too many US parts dealers deal with R32/33/34's. Be prepared for some expenses. GT-R's get pricey pretty quickly- even the basic bolt-ons cost a pretty penny a lot of times.

Congrats on your car tho... Not a day goes by that I don't miss my "R"
Old 04-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #6
LDDIAZ79
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenki R View Post
So you want to upgrade your GT-R's suspension and and according to you, you have searched dealers on the internet and there's not a big market... I hope you're kidding... coz there are TONS of aftermarket support for GT-Rs including your early 90s one! Japan has nothing but support for the GT-R bloodline. Have you tried dealers like RHDJapan, Nengun (you did?), even our good friend Jesse Streeter! Basically shops that have direct access to Japan. But of course parts for the Skyline GT-R32 - 34 are HTF in the some parts of U.S. So you must source them to shops like I've mentioned.

As for your suspension bits, a non JDM brand that has many for the BNR32 is whiteline. They're cheaper too! Oh and ultra racing for braces and stuff. Nismo has a full suspension set, but expensive. On oem Nissans, I've heard 300Z has some parts the same. RHDJapan has lots of oem support. Take note also the suspension parts for the GT-R is different from a non GT-R Skylines like Gtst etc. And you cannot compare the aftermarket suspension styles of drift cars with that of GT-R. Most of their aftermarket suspension has this no nonsense approach for its ATTESA ETS.

Any pics of the car by the way?
Sorry wen i was looking for support i meant USA support i know there was alot of support over seas just wanted to see if there was more dealers here in the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
I owned a GT-R during my stay in Japan... Only researched aftermarket stuff I intended to buy. Pat Antnell at RHD is good people- bought a ton of stuff from him.

PLENTY of aftermarket support & tech info on the web... Problem is like ^^he said^^ not too many US parts dealers deal with R32/33/34's. Be prepared for some expenses. GT-R's get pricey pretty quickly- even the basic bolt-ons cost a pretty penny a lot of times.

Congrats on your car tho... Not a day goes by that I don't miss my "R"

Thanks man , I love my car and i take good care of it .. But yeah everything is getting super pricy
Old 05-03-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
supraguy23

supraguy23 is an unknown quantity at this point
I know this is a old thread but PLEASE I have a R33 GTST and need front stabilizer end links and NEED to know which car would I get them from? S13, S14, Z32??? Please let me know asap.
supraguy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
^^They all mount in the same realtive fashion... and end-link sets are cheap. buy up a few sets, use what works and return the others.

Otherwise, Nagisa has a set you will likely never have to replace again.