Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
kouness
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
kouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s14 Engine Light; code 105

Ok, I have a 95 Nissan 240sx and it throwing codes 105 and 34.. I just replaced the knock sensor so i believe it is coming on becasue of the other code.

I have already done some researching and there is not that much info on my particular issue. The code stands for the egrc solenoid valve. After investigating and looking at where it was suppose to be located, I believe that on my model and newer; they have relocated it below the intake manifold runner nearest the firewall. I was going through the diagnosis steps in trying to eliminate what the issue could be.

Upon checking for continuity between the connecter harness and ecm, they instructed me to check pin # 103 and to find out i do not have a wire/pin running to # 103. I do not know if it is different between the base model ecm and the SE model, I'm assuming not.

I was wondering if this could be the issue why I am throwing the code? But then again, I haven't had this issue until recently meaning that it was functioning properly at one point without pin #103.

So, I would like to know if anyone else has ran into this problem and how you solved it?

Thanks for the help.

-kouness

95 Nissan 240sx: Q45 brake upgrade, v'tund lip
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
kouness
Zilvia Junkie

kouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud ofkouness has much to be proud of
so.. nobody has ran into this issue? Guess i will be the one to figure it out..

Old 01-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
blacsti

Trader Rating: (1)
blacsti is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
ive got the same two codes, but havent figured anything out yet.
are you still having these codes come up or did you fix it?
if so, how
Old 01-14-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
562s13
Zilvia Junkie

562s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
uhhh english????^^^^
Old 01-14-2012, 02:19 AM   #5
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Virus....Ahhhh
Old 01-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #6
kouness
Zilvia Junkie

After looking back at my ecm, I figured that I was looking at it the wrong way. When trying to check the pins, look at it like you are plugging it into the ecu. I figured out by looking at the wire coloring of the plug and pin 103. I believe the wire is blue with a red stripe. I havent really figured it out yet since i work 6 days a week, 9 hours a day, but I will be replacing the egr solenoid valve soon. I believe that code 34 comes on with code 105. if you fix code 105, then it should also fix code 34.

I know that to access it I am going to have to remove the intake manifold.. not something that i am looking forward to.. I will post up my results when i get the chance to.

Old 07-31-2018, 07:01 PM   #7
gtstwincam
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
gtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud ofgtstwincam has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to gtstwincam Send a message via Yahoo to gtstwincam
Sorry to bump an old thread but I'm having both code 34 and 105. Replaced the knock sensor but still having the codes. Did a smoke test and found a big ass leak from the intake manifold. not sure if a leaking manifold would cause those codes to come up
Closed Thread