Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:43 AM   #1
hastyk

Trader Rating: (0)
hastyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recirculation Valve Question from a Noob

Hi guys,

This is my first post on this forum, so im not quite sure where this should go...so if its in the wrong spot, I'm sorry. I had a quick question that I couldnt get summed up by searching on the forum or a general google search.

This is my daily driver. I'm not new to the turbo game by any means, but have never used a recirculation valve.

I'm young, but I'm a big fan of using old school tricks and whatnot to get the upper hand...my current setup has been a ka24de with a ported intake with butterflies and all the emissions shiz deleted, a stage 3 clutch, and I'm running trackbite (for those that don't know, trackbite is a compound that breaks the tire down and helps it stick).

I'm in the process of a ka24det build and plan on running a holset hx35 with a .70 a/r bullseye housing for budget reasons/I have a rebuilt one sitting on my shelf.

My question is- can I run the recirculation valve back to the manifold to help keep spool through shifting?

I understand it wouldn't help with first gear spool, but on paper, this idea sounds like it'd be great to keep that turbo spooled considering it is pretty big.

Thanks guys,
Kevin
hastyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 04:26 PM   #2
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Not to the manifold. It needs to be plumbed back to the intake track between the MAF and turbo inlet. There are other reasons more important than spool to recirc it.
Old 05-03-2014, 04:30 PM   #3
hastyk

Trader Rating: (0)
hastyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ah, I gotcha...pushing it back through the cold side. What are the other benefits? And does it really help spool? Is it a noticeable difference?
hastyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #4
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not the cold side, but the turbo intake tube between mafs and turbo

Sent from my Highly Tuned Galaxy S3.4!!!

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:41 PM   #5
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Just run an ecu with "no lift shift" and you don't have to come off the throttle between gears... I do it on my stock ecu anyways lol just bang limiter one time.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote