Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:38 AM   #1
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
WPN-X7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 widebody zenki from downunder. BN. DMAX. SR. (now 100% more LS1)

heya guys.

**edit/sidenote, seems literally none of these pics hyperlinks work from facebook, apologies for it and you'll have to bare with me while i fix it when i have more than 5 minutes to fix it**

so long story short did a super long winded write up the other day on my super old account that i never activated... and it came up with some retarded error when i went to post it. so yeah. new account.

anywhom thought id chuck up a build thread on my current s1 s14. and then when im bored ill chuck some stuff up about a couple of my other cars/older cars.

so this all began with my s14 SR20DE+T missle/practice car. many a good time, drove a heap of events until i did a HG on it. then decided to tidy it up with a new motor and reshell into one with rego.

wound up like this... had an interesting motor set up (SR20DETT with twin greddy td05s, made 310kw on 16psi, but popped the motor after not long) did some more events, street drove it, had fun with it. then realised im to old for street cars and was going to widebody + full cage it to compete in some more competitions (mainly drift challenge australia) . lo and behold a mate was parting his s14 out, and a deal was struck on his shell... fast forward two months.

so long story short swapped all the good stuff from my old "street" car on over. im at the point now where i just need to mount the ASD hydro up and run fresh braided lines to the duel calipers and its ready for its first event/shakedown mid month in my home town of mount gambier. ill slap a mod list up and some more pics. then in following posts/when boredom strikes go through some more of the interesting stories involving a few of these cars haha

sr20det (rebuilt)
tomei poncams
tomei rocker stoppers
billet rockers
spitfire coilpacks
nisstune ecu (e85 tune)
HPX afm
BPP billet fuel rail
1000cc ID injectors
turbosmart fpr800
FMIC
3" exhaust
koyo radiator
HKS GTRS turbo
cusco 2way
PBM arms
PBM drop knuckle
IKEYA formula tie rods
IKEYA formula castor rods
rear subframe solid mounted and reinforced
RB25DET gearbox conversion
silkroad RM8 coilovers
jap modded knuckles
BRIDE fixed back
sparco harnesses
nardi wheel
omori gauges
ASD hydro (duel calipers)
full weld in cage
BN front, rear, sideskirts
DMAX 30mm front guards
ORIGIN 50mm spaced to 70mm rear guards
WEDS cerebus 18x11 -0 rears
WORK VSXX 18x10 -25 front

+ more ive likely forgotten. all the good bits to have a reliable fun car basicly.

anyways any questions or whatever shoot away. ill update with some more on various cars when i get the chance and some driving footage from some events to.

Last edited by WPN-X7; 04-22-2017 at 03:48 AM..
WPN-X7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2016, 09:37 PM   #2
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

ill begin on the beige rig.

yet another long story short. i purchased this as a practice car for me to still drive while my 1JZ FC was being built (which in the end i parted as i had so much fun with the s14)

this car had been through a fair few local guys as a prac car, and i basically bought it. did one lap in it around the block, put my wheels on it then trailered it to the other side of the country for DCA matsuri.

was a rad event. shinji minowa was flown other and chucked a car, i got a good few sessions with him over the weekend and learnt a heap.

fast forward 6 months of events every couple weeks, getting pretty decent in the car, me and 12 odd mates had a private day at tailem bend raceway before it was shutting down for renovations. did the majority of the day before popping a headgasket in the late afternoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHdvBl6RULs

car was looking fair haggard.. and now had a popped motor. i had a couple months before my next big event to get the car ready for (DCA round 2, adn then QLD matsuri) i chased up a new (stupid) motor.. and wound up actually finding a new shell with rego to swap everything into (worked out cheaper than trying to straighten this battle rig out) more on that in the next post/when im bored enough.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:23 AM   #3
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

So as far as "building" this thing, its all done

Wrapped up the hydro install and a bunch of little things over the past couple days. Had the usual sr20 dramas of snapping a mani stud while giving everything a spanmer check. Sorted that plus some last minute wiring and its ready to load on the trailer tomorrow to head down to Mt Gambier for shake down

Footage/driving pics to come.
Old 06-20-2016, 12:34 AM   #4
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

so did some driving in this thing. a mate in my hometown organised a driftkhana event at a decent sized carpark. nothing super crazy but was fun as hell and a good shakedown. i was expecting the car to be a bit of a pig to steer but everything worked sweet. the PBM drop knuckles in the rear improved the grip ten fold.

only issues i had was a leaky fuel regulator fitting, my rear bar falling off 4 times, and i kerbed one of my WEDS when i ran wide on one course.

only thing to really change is a new dump pipe as this one sits super low, and pull my dash out to clean up some wiring under there.

video below from the day with a little of my car, keep in mind this was the first time a drift event was down there ever, so its there first taste of what its all about/driving it. a lot of the cars were essentially beaters/rallycross type stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4mMPIK1PeA
Old 06-28-2016, 04:06 AM   #5
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

So long story short, I'm going to try sneak a flex thingy in when I try to sort this dump pipe business. Ordered some 3" v bands and going to try mod my other dump pipe higher with them. Current front pipe is maybe 20mm off the ground resultimg in me popping gaskets flat out

In other news. I got me some new skidders. And discovered I def bent/knocked my alignment out when I munched a gutter in mt gambier haha. So onto the list of shit to fix it goes

18x10 -30. Toe/cambers weird due to my opps lol

Old 07-19-2016, 12:37 AM   #6
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

so did ye old mallala drift prac.

before hand slapped a fresh dash in and cleaned some wiring up, got another alignment. discovered this car has that whole retarded s14/15 issue with the rear subframe sitting retardedish (the RH wheel sits 10mm further over than the left) i did some reading around and apparently its more common than i thought. measured everything up and the cars straight, guards spaced the same etc, so not 100% sure what ill do to fix it.

anywho. got alignment done, got it home, then discovered that my wheels sit funky in the guards even more... traction arm on the RH must be tweaked a bit as the wheel sits further forward in the guard than on the left. pretty much went meh and headed to prac anywho.

got there late, got 4 laps in on the scrappies i had. upon going to swap wheels over for tires discovered i have to drop the knuckle off the coilover to get the wheel out from under the guard.... so thats retarded lol.

car went well over all, no real issues other than my retarded driving. had some issues with t1 entering waayyyyy to late mainly as couldnt see shit haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS9xIfFOt14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjkRKbyZ2Dg

*embedding seems to not wanna work but hit the links for some incar*

only casualty from the night was the front bar, had a momentatry loss of talent on t2 and got beached as fuck ripping it off, slapped it back on after getting pushed out. then two laps later clipped a ripple strip, wiped the bar out along with my cooler piping, had to do a full transit lap around mallala back to pits with the bar under the car... so that sucked.

but yeah, current plan is to slap traction arms in the back to sort that, finish cleaning up the dash situation, probably do some vinyl purely to hold the guards together/cover up the scratches, and paint my spare BN bar while this one gets repaired. then im good for DCA round 2 in mt gambier.

Last edited by WPN-X7; 12-16-2016 at 10:34 PM..
Old 07-19-2016, 01:10 AM   #7
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
jamjam's old shell right ? had an rb26 ?

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 01:58 AM   #8
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
No stock ebrake? Just the hydro? I installed s14 rear calipers on my s13 (local parts store only carried s14) and have yet to figure it out
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 02:42 AM   #9
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempo View Post
jamjam's old shell right ? had an rb26 ?
Yeah mate jamjams old shell. Couldnt turn it down when it was offered to me
Old 07-19-2016, 02:44 AM   #10
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Arrow View Post
No stock ebrake? Just the hydro? I installed s14 rear calipers on my s13 (local parts store only carried s14) and have yet to figure it out

Yeah just the hydro, this has pbm rear drop knuckles, so no provision for r33 drum handbrake which is what i had. So simplest solution was hydro only with duel calipers.

I just leave it in gear so it doesnt roll away haha
Old 07-19-2016, 07:08 AM   #11
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I need to see this twin turbo SR.. deliver plz <3
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 08:08 AM   #12
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPN-X7 View Post
Yeah mate jamjams old shell. Couldnt turn it down when it was offered to me
I knew this looked familiar. Nice to see it's still kicking about!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 09:07 AM   #13
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
billet rockers
Billet rocker arms? From who? Info on these?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2016, 05:45 PM   #14
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vJilly View Post
I need to see this twin turbo SR.. deliver plz <3
i got you man.

unsure how well this vid will work on here, but heres a link to my IG of a driveby of it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/7629vkoT...ken-by=driftrx

i wish i kept this set up to slap on a VVL head, but i needed to recoup funds from popping the motor while i was between events in QLD last year. was fun while it lasted though haha

Last edited by WPN-X7; 12-16-2016 at 10:35 PM..
Old 07-19-2016, 05:46 PM   #15
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Billet rocker arms? From who? Info on these?
honestly wish i had some more info for you man, i got them off a local bloke who had them made back in the day for SR he was building for a s14 drag car that eventually never happened.

i can hit him up for more details but im pretty sure they're a one off.

unrelated, some outside footage of this thing from a shakedown i did in mt gambier at a driftkhana event while i remember to chuck it up haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v=i4SU3yd6F9o
Old 07-19-2016, 05:55 PM   #16
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Well if you feel like hitting him up just to see what he says that's be cool ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:20 PM   #17
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
i got you man.

unsure how well this vid will work on here, but heres a link to my IG of a driveby of it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/7629vkoT...ken-by=driftrx

i wish i kept this set up to slap on a VVL head, but i needed to recoup funds from popping the motor while i was between events in QLD last year. was fun while it lasted though haha
this is so damn rad.. holy shit.
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 02:08 AM   #18
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by vJilly View Post
this is so damn rad.. holy shit.

haha was a rad bit of gear, sold it to a bloke i know in NZ and its going on a nice built 2.2L SR which will make it a lil less laggy.

im happy enough with my HKS GTRS these days hahaha
Old 07-22-2016, 03:05 AM   #19
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

*double post*

Last edited by WPN-X7; 07-22-2016 at 03:51 AM..
Old 07-22-2016, 03:11 AM   #20
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Small updates

Traction arms aqquired. Slapping them in over the weekend after i do some reading. Primarily going to use them just to centre my shit in the guard, hopefully gain some grip as a happy side effect

Trial fitted up this BN/Uras/whatever it is kit ive had laying around for a bit. My BNs off getting patched up so hoping to paint this, my origin and my BN all in one hit when im at it

Organised to have some meat milled off the back of these euroline things so i can stand them up better (less camber)

After that going to retune so i can run decent boost again (last prac was on 12psi so turbo not even on song) and i should be good for mt gambier DCA round. Contemplating doing some vinyl to cover up the paints/kits shit spots. But budgets low atm.

Last edited by WPN-X7; 07-26-2016 at 06:08 PM..
Old 07-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #21
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
sick build

looks like mine did
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:47 PM   #22
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
sick build

looks like mine did

haha, cheers dude. going to change up this thing a bit in the looks department once ive got it dialled driving wise/get through rounds 2/3 of DCA.

incidently. couple driving pics from the other weekend.

probably doing a basic livery to tidy it up a little before DCA r2 mainly to hide up the scraped up aero/guards. settling on what i want to do that wise is proving difficult however as its easy to completely balls it up.

Last edited by WPN-X7; 12-16-2016 at 10:36 PM..
Old 10-10-2016, 07:34 PM   #23
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

heya guys

been slack on the updates as ive been busy and shit. did DCA round 2 in my original hometown of mount gambier... was a interesting weekend. australias first street touge event ever. also had a cool car display down the main street on the thursday night.

it was a three day event. open practice friday, qualifying saturday and comp and open track sunday.

made the trek down after making some changes to the car. got retuned and aligned and a nice tucked up exhaust done by E.T.

long story short friday i got maybe 15 laps in, and was fighting this issue with my 2 way diff single wheeling. (less than ideal on a track with no run off at all) originally thought it was wheel hitting top of my tub under squat causing it to lock up. so raised the car a bit. did more practice laps but the problem persisted... day ended not long after that.

wound up changing to a welded diff i grabbed off a mate saturday morning however the weather went from clear skies and dry track. to torrential down pour. i missed practice session in the morning due to diff swap so went out for qualifying. got one practice lap, nailed all my clipping zones and felt good. qualifier #1 i span on my transisiton in the gully so got scored a zero. session got delayed due to super heavy rain ( i didnt even have working wipers and semis up front which was less than ideal) after the session resumed got thrown in the deep end for qualifier two in which i did the same shit and span on transition trying to snap it hard to outer clip 3. so that sucked (first event i havent qualified at)

kicked back and watched the rest of the arvo. got well wasted at the after party. queue sunday. watched practice and battles through to top 4. got asked to go out and do a demo lap in between battles. promptly fucked up and binned it into the wall as i misjudged how much more speed/grip i was getting in the dry. amatuer hour hahah

bent lips on wheels. snapped a silkroad coilover. bent tie rod and LCA, snapped castor rod. that ended my day so on the trailer it went. stupid mistake but shit happens when your trying to push hard on a track with 0 run off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrFi4wloDwk

my opps is right near the end of it. this video gives a good idea of how commited you had to be and how little room for error there was

cars currently in the shed looking busted up. good excuse to mix it up look wise and fix some shit up properly while theres no events on that im keen on.

also managed a work trip to new zealand last week. managed to check out a matsuri event at taupo whilst there. was mint!

Old 10-10-2016, 10:14 PM   #24
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
properly jealous, and that twin turbo setup is super interesting. Specs on the manifold/turbine housings?
bataangpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 10:19 PM   #25
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
properly jealous, and that twin turbo setup is super interesting. Specs on the manifold/turbine housings?

was cool. since been moved on to recover some costs from popping motor. the little HKS GTRS has proven to be mint for me now haha

manifold was a custom steam pipe job with old TRUST 50mm wastegate, built by a fab shop up in sydney i believe.

turbos were both greddy TD05 16g from memory. id have to re-look up the exact inlet/outlet sizes. pity my motor was only still 2l. would be ideal on a 2.2/2.3l SR (which is what they're now going on from memory)
Old 12-13-2016, 08:57 PM   #26
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

so as mention i crashed the pearl car at DCA. while this sucks its given me a good excuse to fix some fab work/repair some stuff i was never happy with from the get go, as well as respray it a less dumb colour and give it a bit of a brithday.

literally not much of a rush to get this done (only event im keen on next year is QR matsuri in november) so in the mean time. i pieced this together over the past couple days.

took one grandpa spec s14.

inserted my motor and box combo.

stealthed up the engine bay.

slapped in coilovers + r33 gtr wheels

final result. primo daily driver/street skidder/super sprint car to tide me over the year. 95% done. just a few little jobs to finish up when i fly home from work next.

definitely not on the same level looks wise as the pearl car. (still to play with heights and spacer/align) but with how police are here in Australia, i need it to fly under the radar as much as possible so im keeping it sedate.

spec list for those that care

-sr20det
-poncams
-precision rockers
-BPP billet rail
-1000cc injectors
-HKS GTRS
-3" exhaust
-FMIC
-turbosmart fuel reg
-exedy clutch
-r33 gtst gearbox conversion
-shimmed diff
-random castor arms
-shimmed diff
-nardi
-r33 gtr wheels
-JIC/silkroad coilovers

makes 235kw @16psi with more in it.... but thats plenty for what i have planned
Old 12-13-2016, 09:40 PM   #27
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Barely any of the old pics work

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:49 PM   #28
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Barely any of the old pics work
yeah will fix the dud links when on laptop this afternoon thanks to facebook stuffing them up haha
Old 12-14-2016, 12:45 AM   #29
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
first half of pics dont work
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 10:37 PM   #30
WPN-X7
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
first half of pics dont work

well aware. all (should) be fixed now. good old facebook shuffling some of my pic folders haha