Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #1
1j_dreams
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
1j_dreams is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
5 speed swap s14 no crank HELLPP

Hi i have recently completed my 5 speed swap on my s14 with an s13 trans. Everything is hooked up but it wont crank. I understand there are many threads and iv read them 100 times. Iv jumped neutral position and wired the speed sensor. Idc about lights on the dash its now 20 years old i can pass inspection no issue. How can i get this thing to crank. I understand the auto transmission had a cps but the s13 one doesnt. I also know that its not much of an issue once the car is running
Please help and get this car to crank over. Im 99% sure this bitch will fire right up as soon as i get it to crank. If anyonewith the experiance may help id appreciate it so much

Sent from my LGLS885 using Tapatalk

1j_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2016, 08:33 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Clutch interlock relay?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #3
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
check your grounds?
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #4
2.5T_/<ouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Clutch interlock relay?
Shouldn't have that since car was originally auto.
2.5T_/<ouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:14 AM   #5
C. Anderson
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (17)
C. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond reputeC. Anderson has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
There is a 2 wire plug by the fuse box that has to be modified. The two wires need to be cut and connected together. It has been a very long time since I have done one but I believe they are 8 gauge or so. They are the starter/park position safety switch wires.

Edit:
Found a pic on this forum
C. Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 04:07 AM   #6
1j_dreams
Leaky Injector

Iv jumped those wires already. Ground on the intake is connected as is the alternator ground. How do people make this work? How do i go about bypassing whatever and just get it to crank i just wanna get in and crank it cus this bitch will run mint. I could most likely pop start and and things but id have to do that everytime. Ty for responses please and ty

Old 05-17-2016, 06:31 PM   #7
Ka24Power
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
Ka24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud ofKa24Power has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
did u leave the auto computer in and plugged in? I remember something about that from when I did mine on S13 years back
Ka24Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:15 PM   #8
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Clutch interlock relay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.5T_/<ouki View Post
Shouldn't have that since car was originally auto.
I think what he meant to say was the neutral safety switch. That shit needs to be jumpered.

Fuck, its only been 15 years since I did my swap. :-)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:36 AM   #9
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
All of your pictures are missing a battery.....I sure hope you have the battery installed and connected and the battery is good. There is nothing in the 5-Speed swap that should prevent you from cranking the engine EXCEPT the connector which you said you already connected and a bad battery.
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #10
2.5T_/<ouki
Zilvia FREAK!

2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice2.5T_/<ouki is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
All of your pictures are missing a battery.....I sure hope you have the battery installed and connected and the battery is good. There is nothing in the 5-Speed swap that should prevent you from cranking the engine EXCEPT the connector which you said you already connected and a bad battery.
Exactly, the only "wiring" I had to touch was splicing the neutral position switch (top connector on engine bay fuse box).
Old 05-18-2016, 11:30 AM   #11
Ilya
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Ilya is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Unless you are using a manual lower engine harness(which you shouldn't ) then there could be more things wrong. But I'm really hoping you are on the positive side of intelligence and would have mentioned that in your origional post. But then I read your original post and.....
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 11:35 AM   #12
2.5T_/<ouki
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
Unless you are using a manual lower engine harness(which you shouldn't ) then there could be more things wrong. But I'm really hoping you are on the positive side of intelligence and would have mentioned that in your origional post. But then I read your original post and.....

Are there any sounds when trying to crank? any clicking noises? Sounds like you didn't connect your lower harness properly lol.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #13
1j_dreams
Leaky Injector

Yes iv had the battery in i can go out there a month later and the dash will light up. Had a charger on it had a jump on it.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:31 PM   #14
1j_dreams
Leaky Injector

The last thing is the cps on the old auto tranny. How can i get around that or do i actually need the s14 manual with the cps

Old 05-25-2016, 07:41 PM   #15
vdubkidd
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
vdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the roughvdubkidd is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You do not need the cps. With it being removed the only issue you will run into is rough starts.
vdubkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:49 PM   #16
1j_dreams
Leaky Injector

Fuckkin shit this is blowin my mind.. So from here.. I guess i check the starter and possibly try a different battery? Even if i had a jump on it would the battery affect that? So eager to just run this thing.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:51 PM   #17
Bnr32gtr
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Bnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enoughBnr32gtr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Make shore u have 12v at batt, dash/dome light don't mean shit. I've seen my fair share of Jenkee/on the Fritz ignition switch. Wiggle Key when cracking
Bnr32gtr is offline   Reply With Quote