Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-06-2016, 06:11 PM   #31
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
dcreech0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hello again all. Long time no see. Today was one of those days for me that I am sure we all have had. Ever had one of those work days where you are in the garage all day, but you feel like you got not much done at all? In all reality, alot got done, but not as much as I had wanted. I decided to spend some time on the fuel lines.
I went back and forth on the idea of keeping rubber fuel lines, with barbed fitting on the rail and the FPR. At the end of the day, I decided to go with stainless braided lines due to the Sard rail coming with 6an fittings, and the Fuelab filter having -6an fittings on the ends. So then I came to the problem of how and at what point I should convert from the hardlines to the braided lines. On previous builds I cut, and double flared the hardline to convert. I have read now there are compression fitting for this job. I decided to give them a shot. Worst case would be to take them off if they do not work, then flare the old way.
Will start the picture by showing what I started with....

And here is the OEM BMW FPR set up.....

Here is a side by side of the OEM filter and the Fuelab.....

Here is the first compression fitting I attempted to install. Keep in mind the picture does not show the finished product. I will still find a way to mount the line in the OEM bracket.....

I didnt have much time to run the return line from the regulator. I actually realized that I was missing one more fitting. I need one more -6an hose union to finish the fuel return..... but will show off the lines i did have time to assemble

I will post one more engine bay picture for good measure

dcreech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2016, 09:49 PM   #32
Slideurmom
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Slideurmom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice build
Slideurmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:00 AM   #33
240Lover770
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
240Lover770 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Fuck yea man
240Lover770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 09:35 AM   #34
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

I know this is a very small pointless question in the bigger scheme of the build, but does anyone have any suggestions on an oil cap that would look good in there?...... Lol
Old 03-10-2016, 09:18 AM   #35
hat trick
Leaky Injector

hat trick is an unknown quantity at this point
When I did a 1j in my e36 6 years ago the first 2 posts I saw were "blasphemy" and the next 100 were psyched.

Sick build.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:07 PM   #36
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Post this on Bimmerforums. They would love it over there.
Old 03-10-2016, 12:11 PM   #37
OutToWinPAHC
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
OutToWinPAHC is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
im doing a rb into my e46 using a dryden kit
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 06:54 PM   #38
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Post this on Bimmerforums. They would love it over there.

I have a build thread already over there. Oddly enough, it isn't getting as much reaction as I am here. Lol
I should have a lot more updates very soon. Waiting on a bigger pack from Chase Bays.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:25 PM   #39
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Another very small update for you all this past weekend. I have not been able to make a ton of good progress due to unfortunately coming down with an illness, and waiting on some packages.
I did get a Small package from Japan though. Nothing that was a huge surprise, but still took forever to get here.
When I bought my swap, it came with a set of Splitfire coilpacks. I was pretty pumped as it was a surprise under the coil cover. upon inspection though, I found that one of the shit out its guts and was of no use. This left me with 5 that were still usable. there were only a couple companies that sold a single pack and cost an arm and a leg, but didnt see another option, unless I wanted to go back to 20 year old OEM coils. I also decided to take the time to put fresh NGK sparkplugs in. I went to a plug that was one step colder for future goals.....
Will update again once packages start arriving this week.

Old 03-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #40
Tucker240

--Deleted--

Last edited by Tucker240; 03-17-2019 at 11:37 PM..
Old 03-16-2016, 08:45 PM   #41
hinds90
Leaky Injector

hinds90 is an unknown quantity at this point
That tape was throwing me off lol.
hinds90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:53 PM   #42
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Hello again guys. I received another package in the mail today, this time being from the great guys at Chase bays.....

You might be asking, what might this be?...... I chose to purchase an item that seems to be seen as skeptical in the BMW world. I decide to purchase the entire ABS/brake booster delete from this group. A lot of people question this modification due to the effect it will have on braking performance, but Chase Bays claims to have sized the Wilwood Master cylinder just right to not have much difference in braking performance. I decided to go with this modification for the sole purpose of space needed to generate a down pipe for my swap. I also purchased the bias valve and brake lines to make it a complete package....

I also decided to weigh in the difference between the setups just for reference for anyone that may be interested. Along with the space this kit saves, and the visual appearance, It also saves around 16 pounds for those hardcore weight savings people out there.... Pictures for proof.....

I have posted pictures previously of what the OEM setup looked like and how crowded it made the drivers side engine bay look. Here is a picture of what that area looks like with the OEM setup taken out. BTW, it was a BI@$% to lay under the dash on the interior and work to remove connections.....

I got as far as I could with the install today. I came to a stopping point as the package i received from Chase Bays did not include a small bracket that it should have so that I could connect the Bias valve to the master cylinder. So I only got a chance to mount the booster delete plate and the master cylinder today.
The kit i purchased also came with a new feed hose for the OEM clutch master cylinder. I decided to use the OEM feed line as it fit perfect on the bulkhead fitting i attached to the Wilwood reservoir. I also came to this conclusion due to having to remove the entire pedal assembly just to get to the clutch master cylinder. A lot of work saved just by using the OEM feed line. Anyway, here are some pictures....

Old 03-19-2016, 09:33 PM   #43
lethanh93
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
lethanh93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Sick build. Looking forward to seeing how the brake booster delete works.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk
lethanh93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 03:00 PM   #44
240Lover770
Zilvia Member

240Lover770 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yup same thing in mine. Don't think it's a chase bays kit though
240Lover770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:27 PM   #45
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Another small update for you all. I finally decided to take some time to tackle the fuel pump. I knew the OEM BMW pump would not support my goals using the 1000cc injectors and planning for around 20psi. I also didn't want to do anything crazy like a standalone fuel cell.
I decided to call upon a group called Rally Road that machined and install sleeve to make many after market pumps a drop in affair. I opted to pay a little more money and got the Aeromotive 345lph. I have read these pumps can support pretty big numbers when using 93 octane. Here is what the kit came with.....

I didn't get alot of picture when taking it apart, but its pretty straight forward. I was actually surprised how easy it was to remove the rear seat and gain access to the fuel pump assembly. I did take some pictures as I put it back together. I did make sure to shop vac alot of gunk that had built up on top of the assemblies. I also would like to note, I opted to connect the wiring the correct way by soldering and heat shrink the connections. You can see this if you look at the pictures close.

Old 03-22-2016, 08:28 PM   #46
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Another small update. Actually it was a large key to finishing up the build, but not alot to report. My custom driveshaft came in from Shaftmasters. I decided to go with the aluminum 3 inch variation. I was for sure a tight fit under the car but does fit. Here are a couple pictures for records. Sorry for the crappy pictures under the car. I dont have a lift at my disposal. I tried to get shots of both ends....

Old 03-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #47
sleek6mt
Leaky Injector

sleek6mt is an unknown quantity at this point
Dope build
sleek6mt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 11:42 AM   #48
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
Those compression fittings are meant for carbeurated setups. They don't take more than 50psi I believe. Eventually it will work it's way off and you'll have a leak. It would be better to do a 37 degree single flare with a tube nut to attach to the -6 line.
Old 04-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #49
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Hello again everybody. I wanted to post real quick since i have not in a while. I am in the process of purchasing my first home. Not a whole lot has happened with the car since I last posted. I am having Saikou Michi build me a custom catch can with my build. I have alos been gathering more and more parts to complete the downpipe, Exhaust, and charge piping (thanks to Treadstone and Vibrant Performance). The car will be running a 3.5" downpipe and keep that same size all the way to the rear of the car. I also plan to utilize 3" charge pipes from turbo the intake manifold. I did take the car to my Fab guy, which it is where it sits now to get all this done. I will post updates as he sends them to me.....
I can not believe how dirty the car got over the winter in the garage. It was the first time it saw daylight since the BMW motor was pulled....

Here are the first small updates I received from my car away from home.....

Old 04-24-2016, 06:40 AM   #50
warningx

warningx is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good, man! Where at in KY are you located? I'm in Cincinnati, about 20 minutes north of NKY
warningx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:44 AM   #51
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

I am in Frankfort. About hours and 45 south on I75
Old 04-24-2016, 10:05 AM   #52
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
This build is pure MADNESS!!!!

I like it!!!

Congrats on your home purchase.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:10 PM   #53
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Ok guys, Just a small update with the car in the shop still getting some fabrication work done.
While the car has been at the shop I have decided to consider some heat management around the turbo and the manifold. I picked up a PTP turbo blanket, DEI fire sleeve for the turbo oil feed, A fire sleeve from Heatshield Products to protect the -10an turbo drain, some DEI titanium wrap for the down pipe, and some DEI gold tape that I plan on placing on the turbo intake and the cold side of the charge pipes. I also have picked up some Aluminum sheath from DEI that has yet to come in, for the protection on the fuel lines. I wont bore you all with much pictures on this post.
Most of the charge pipes were completed today. It is straight 3" aluminum from the turbo to the opening of the inlet manifold. I This the placement of the Tial BOV is ideal as close to the Throttle bodies as I could get. The one in the picture was just used for mock up. It was a spare the shop had laying. Mine will be in black.
On a side note, I hope to pick up my Haltech ECU this next week...... Cheers until next time....

Old 05-07-2016, 08:34 PM   #54
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
piping looks legit...
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 10:15 PM   #55
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I just got done reading through your progress posts. Very entertaining. Certainly a cool different rwd chassis with a Nissan drivetrain than most are used to around these forums. I am a fan!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 04:43 PM   #56
Sforteen
Zilvia Junkie

Sforteen is an unknown quantity at this point
why did you want to go with a 6766, lot better choices out there then that turbo.
Sforteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 10:37 PM   #57
Joobie610
Leaky Injector

Joobie610 is making a name for him/her selfJoobie610 is making a name for him/her self
My favourite engine in one of my favourite chassis. Love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sforteen View Post
why did you want to go with a 6766, lot better choices out there then that turbo.
Can you justify that? It's about the perfect turbo for the RB26 in my opinion. Have a read on sau.com. So many people run a 6766 on their gtr that it's almost boring reading about it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #58
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joobie610 View Post
My favourite engine in one of my favourite chassis. Love it.

Can you justify that? It's about the perfect turbo for the RB26 in my opinion. Have a read on sau.com. So many people run a 6766 on their gtr that it's almost boring reading about it.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
I agree totally as well. A lot of people on the forum you mentioned as well as gtruk forums and the canada gtr forums use this turbo and the BW S366. May be a little more laggy than the ever so common gt35r and the Precision 6262, but should still make killer power.
Also this is the exact turbo Raw Brokerage sells with their bolt on turbo kit on all the Rb motors.
Old 05-13-2016, 06:15 AM   #59
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Bought my Haltech platinum pro ecu today. Sad times. Talk about hurting your bank accounts feelings. Hal here local at a very reputable shop called Dynosty (will be doing the tuning) said I picked up the last one on the current batch coming over from the land of the Kangaroos. Should be here in about two weeks.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:04 PM   #60
dcreech0
Zilvia Junkie

Just a small update. I know I posted already today, but just got an update from my fabrication guy. He was able to totally finish up the charge pipes. He sent me some pictures of the lower portion of them that attach to the intercooler. Just thought I would share.

And an update on the downpipe.

Last edited by dcreech0; 05-13-2016 at 04:26 PM..