Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #91
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
From GrupertAwesome:

The Nissan KA24 is an awesome engine.

It was built in Mexico, the land of dirty water and drug cartels.

I hope the people that built my KA were drunk on Tequila, that’d be awesome, man.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #92
R@ddy
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (32)
R@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymoreR@ddy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
From GrupertAwesome:

The Nissan KA24 is an awesome engine.

It was built in Mexico, the land of dirty water and drug cartels.

I hope the people that built my KA were drunk on Tequila, that’d be awesome, man.
As far as I know, the KA in our cars were built in JAPAN.
R@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #93
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
People are happy there are more parts for the KA...i plan on Turboing my 2004 Frontier's KA so I am still stuck fabricating some stuff. lol
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #94
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
I think it might be to late as well, but a bad idea bring back the marketing on ka engine. I feel that there's to many people giving up on the old engine. I just wish it would continue growing making it easier to find the parts I need.

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me

Last edited by Drift_86; 07-09-2013 at 09:18 PM..
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #95
Fusious

Fusious is an unknown quantity at this point
I really don't see how this is a bad thing. I personally want to keep my KA and rebuild it. I would rather go with a KA over an SR for some odd reasons. I think that a company investing time and effort to come out with more stuff for the KA is a fantastic idea and I fully support it.
Fusious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #96
josh_schul
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
josh_schul is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I <3 this thread. Definitely will be buying some tomei products for my ka-t!
josh_schul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:20 AM   #97
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Funny, undertones of the whole 'KA vs. SR' debate in a thread about cool parts by a great company being engineered for the KA.

Personally, I couldn't wait to get rid of the KA in my 240 in favor of the SR... but not for orthodox reasons:

1. I cut my S-chassis teeth in Japan in an SR-powered 180SX; so it's kinda the base of all I know about these cars

2. I brought everything from the FMIC to the tail pipe back to the states when I moved back here and did not want to reivent the wheel

3. I'm not incredibly familiar with the KA; and am much more comfortable with the SR from a parts/maintenance perspective

4. I think the SR is more pleasing to the eye... not because of the whole "JDM-tyte" thing, but because it actually looks better to me for some reason.

In summary, the SR is well-inside my comfort zone

Had I started down the 240SX road here in the USA; I personally very well may have favored the KA-T over the SR. Who knows.

Bottom line: Tomei making parts for the KA is pure coolness- No two ways about it~
Old 07-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #98
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R@ddy View Post
As far as I know, the KA in our cars were built in JAPAN.
Most 240 KA's were, but a lot of the KA's headed for the states were built in Mexico, don't get salty Mexico, just a joke.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #99
Miguelone
Zilvia Member

Miguelone is an unknown quantity at this point
Inb4 ca resurgence
Old 07-11-2013, 09:24 PM   #100
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestMyriad View Post
Most 240 KA's were, but a lot of the KA's headed for the states were built in Mexico, don't get salty Mexico, just a joke.
not the ones on 240's up to what i know
feito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #101
Miguelone
Zilvia Member

Miguelone is an unknown quantity at this point
Why would it make any sense to build engines in Mexico then ship to Japan to go into cars destined for the US?
Old 07-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #102
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelone View Post
Why would it make any sense to build engines in Mexico then ship to Japan to go into cars destined for the US?
Because the Internet.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #103
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguelone View Post
Because it created jobs for Mexicans; which drove a decline in illegal immigration.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #104
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Old 07-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #105
Shift n Drift
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Shift n Drift has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
They shoulda developed the VH45...
Shift n Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #106
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift n Drift View Post
They shoulda developed the 5.0 Coyote ...

Fixed it for ya
Old 07-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #107
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Laughing at everyone who's saying it's a bad move for Tomei without really knowing anything. Didn't know we had so many people here that have done their own market research to jump to such a conclusion about a company that's been around for so long. lolol
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #108
DJ 21o3
Zilvia Junkie

DJ 21o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
The KA in my pickup was made in Mexico. lol exactly what parts are they planning to do? I need internals, as 240 bolt ons are a bit iffy in my pickup
DJ 21o3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 03:25 PM   #109
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi View Post
Laughing at everyone who's saying it's a bad move for Tomei without really knowing anything. Didn't know we had so many people here that have done their own market research to jump to such a conclusion about a company that's been around for so long. lolol
We are the market, so I think we all know what we would and wouldn't buy.

Its like when Pontiac released the Aztec and everyone said "WTF what a POS!!". Guess who was right, "us" or GM and their team of market researchers who spent millions developing the Aztec.

Believe it or not most quality American performance companies turn out better products then the Japanese counterparts. I remember reading an article a while back about Exhaust manifolds for Hondas. While the Honda community is still all "OMFG JDM Manifold", the grim reality is many of those JDM products where designed 10, 15 or 20 years ago and their have been huge advancements in designing technology since then.

So regarding the KA and Tomei, I don't think Tomei is going to blow anyone out of the water with quality, price or performance. It will simply be a "ZOMFG JDM TOMEI". Personally, the problem there is I don't give it any "street cred" because my JDM-Tyte drirfto hereos never used it.

You won't see it in your Option magazines, Best Motoring Videos, street racing youtube clips or D1 spec sheets. There is also no sense of nostalgia either (important to me).

Honestly, if Tomei wanted to do something innovative, out of the box and focused on the modern American Import Tuner, giving us performance parts for the LS-series with that "import flavor" would be the money maker.

Enough Import guys swap LS motors into RX7s, S2K, 350Z, Rx8, S-chassis and even WRXs that a nice line of intakes, cams, "swap" headers, valve covers and other "nick nacks" would net some nice cash.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #110
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post

Its like when Pontiac released the Aztec and everyone said "WTF what a POS!!". Guess who was right, "us" or GM and their team of market researchers who spent millions developing the Aztec.

Believe it or not most quality American performance companies turn out better products then the Japanese counterparts. I remember reading an article a while back about Exhaust manifolds for Hondas. While the Honda community is still all "OMFG JDM Manifold", the grim reality is many of those JDM products where designed 10, 15 or 20 years ago and their have been huge advancements in designing technology since then.

So regarding the KA and Tomei, I don't think Tomei is going to blow anyone out of the water with quality, price or performance. It will simply be a "ZOMFG JDM TOMEI". Personally, the problem there is I don't give it any "street cred" because my JDM-Tyte drirfto hereos never used it.

You won't see it in your Option magazines, Best Motoring Videos, street racing youtube clips or D1 spec sheets. There is also no sense of nostalgia either (important to me).

Honestly, if Tomei wanted to do something innovative, out of the box and focused on the modern American Import Tuner, giving us performance parts for the LS-series with that "import flavor" would be the money maker.

Enough Import guys swap LS motors into RX7s, S2K, 350Z, Rx8, S-chassis and even WRXs that a nice line of intakes, cams, "swap" headers, valve covers and other "nick nacks" would net some nice cash.

Cliffs: Pushrods Rule!

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:24 PM   #111
josh_schul
Zilvia Member

josh_schul is an unknown quantity at this point
I dont think Tomei would dive into a project without testing the waters first. Most of you are misled in the idea that ALL KA owners are poor bastards looking to go as cheap as possible. Ive personally invested thousands in my build and, I am glad to hear a company like Tomei is seeking out the potential of a once disregarded motor by many. Its a great ALTERNATIVE to the SR and i dont get why everyone is all against the R&D put forth by Tomei on this project. Sure, they could do that to an LS and a VH, but we could sit here for days and name motors that Tomei SHOULD HAVE developed for, but, the fact is Tomei decided to go the KA route, and im sure they did it for a reason. So all in all, Tomei putting forth the effort in the automotive community is all that i ask for, and maybe you should do the same. They make a killer cam setup for a super affordable price for an SR and I cant wait to buy a set for my KA.
josh_schul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #112
cured13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
cured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura aboutcured13 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
if you go for 350-400 and up hp then going KAT is better option and we all should be thankfull to companies like TOMEI to support us. For kids with rusted POS 240 who want to be cool and make wwwrrrrrrroooooooooooooom, pshhhhhhhhh, sr20det swap is the cheapest ticket.
cured13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #113
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
they will probably just weld KA flanges on the SR manifolds, and call it a day.

and being developed over there... SSAutochrome will get there hands on whatever tomei makes, and re-make it for 1/4 of the price. and then sell it as tomei products to america.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #114
Bambi
Zilvia FREAK!

Bambi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
they will probably just weld KA flanges on the SR manifolds, and call it a day.

and being developed over there... SSAutochrome will get there hands on whatever tomei makes, and re-make it for 1/4 of the price. and then sell it as tomei products to america.
wow you have not followed anything that's going on
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
It's impossible because I tried once. Took out 4 telephone polls and a girl scout concession stand. All the thin mints and samoas couldn't even be salvaged.
Bambi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #115
towlie
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (11)
towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Tomei pon cams for the KA would sell like hot cakes
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:31 AM   #116
zerodameaon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
zerodameaon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Because the Internet.
So we have Al Gore to blame for the KA being built in Mexico? lolol
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKdaMoRoN View Post
Maybe you should petition the retards who are paying 5k for an S13.

Need to adjust your idle?
http://zilvia.net/f/s-chassis/395413...-pictures.html
zerodameaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 03:50 AM   #117
genericforumname
Zilvia Member

Location: Florida, where we prove that shit does in fact run down hill
genericforumname is making a name for him/her selfgenericforumname is making a name for him/her self
Quote:

I was all set to make fun of you for saying people put LS's into WRX's. aaaaaand then I googled. Holy fuck why would anyone want to do that? the only real advantage of the WRX is AWD, get rid of that and it's just a kinda-flimsy boring sedan that still has the awkward subaru looks.

this is coming from someone who daily's a 2013 WRX

on topic more parts for the KA is awesome, when I ranked out my perfectly functional one for the SR the KA-T thing never seemed to turn out well for most builds so I went the "easy" route. if keeping the KA and getting quality parts was possible and more financially feasible I never would've spent the time/money of the SR. lets get real here none of us really dislike the KA's potential to be amazing, most people just choose not to build it out. plus you never have to worry about the little things that can go wrong with a swap since all the factory wiring and parts are mostly still there.

I still have that old KA and still plan to build it and stick it in something one day. maybe soon if my co-worker is willing to sell hers for a normal price(read: no drift tax)
genericforumname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 06:59 PM   #118
240_less

240_less is an unknown quantity at this point
THE MAKING of 240SX Cylinder Block Assembly

This popped up yesterday.
240_less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #119
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
They should have replicated the block out of aluminum.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:04 AM   #120
PeaceOnesxWai
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (34)
PeaceOnesxWai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
God that thing is clean.. Its like watching a factory assembly
PeaceOnesxWai is offline   Reply With Quote