Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-24-2016, 12:40 AM   #211
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ze12o View Post
did i build those rear lights? whoever built them - looks nice
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2016, 01:21 AM   #212
djfiniki
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
djfiniki is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
djfiniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 06:45 AM   #213
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
This is how it sits now
Dude! That thing looks seriously awesome. Love the color!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:45 AM   #214
ze12o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
ze12o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
did i build those rear lights? whoever built them - looks nice
Haha, I wish I could afford your work. I built them myself, obviously inspired by your build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Dude! That thing looks seriously awesome. Love the color!
Thanks! It's been a long time coming. Litterally blood, sweat and tears. Color took forever to pick but I'm glad I spent the extra time to pick and modify it.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:37 PM   #215
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Haha, I wish I could afford your work. I built them myself, obviously inspired by your build.
looks good, and thats all that matters!

i always tip my hat off to anyone who actually does their own work. i am sure now you have a better understanding for the amount of work, let alone the risks in doing a job like that.

nice work
Old 05-24-2016, 07:40 PM   #216
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Damn that's pretty. What color is that?
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #217
BlackTopTurbo

Trader Rating: (0)
BlackTopTurbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
I got my first 240 at 19 and have only been in this scene for 3 years, but I really wanted to vent my experience with s-chassis owners of my generation.

Half ass:
It needs a gasket I don't have, cardboard will do
I'm missing a screw, a zip tie will do
I'm not using those wires, but I'll just leave em hanging there
It's got a leak..meh, it's only a 'small' leak
I swear, so many guys just don't want to do shit the right way, there's always a shortcut.
This sucks because most guys that sell/buy 240's are like this, so when you get one you gotta sift through all the bullshit they rigged up and fix it.

Messing with the recipe/all over the place:
It's simple, get a car, do service and maintenance, then suspension components.
Its so fucking easy and you can add all the upgrades you want after, and you'll have a reliable platform to start with. Why wouldn't you want that?! Everyone wants to start off somewhere stupid like doing a silvia front with banged up fenders, then turbo their ka without a tune, next is rattle can paint, springs are cut but they wanna get strut bars, time for a cage because why the fuck not, etc. Then their engine blows and it's up for sale as one of the many shitboxes you see on your local FB group.

Overdoing it:
I feel like the only way your car is recognized as 'baller' is if your bay is tubbed/tubed & you're rocking over fenders with some crazy ass deep dished wheels. What's wrong with stock bodies and wheels that fit? It makes me sad when guys cut up perfectly straight bodies, such a waste.

LS's:
I know this is a sensitive subject, but I fucking hate LS swaps. I don't care if it's more reliable, cheaper, easier to acquire parts, it's fucking lame. It totally kills everything cool about these cars and what attracted me to them in the first place.

Thank you ! ! ! Preachh bro, I absolutely hate seeing 240's with LS swaps in them. Whats the point of having a 240 if you dont keep it NISSAN ! Originality..
BlackTopTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:00 PM   #218
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I was a offroad/Jeep guy up till I joined the AF and was stationed in Okinawa back in 04. My first Import was a 96 R33. Fell in love with imports after that. Sold that bought an AE86 and "built" that, the rest most of yall know that look through build threads and happen to stumble across mine.

Never paid attention to the scene just did my own thing (and still do) until 07 to when I came back the US.

Became friends with 5 other S-chassis ppl that were in Louisiana. We were the only S-chassis enthusiasts in town, the local Euro guys tried cracking jokes at us for drifting. Then 2-3 years later those same guys bought S13's and started drifting too.

Then the Honda kids/16-17 y/o tried to get into it, but they didn't really have the funds or knowledge to maintain or build a proper drift car which then spawned dumpster spec/a'int care S-chassis' and the scene there when down hill. Nobody took pride in their car.

I know im not much to talk as far as looks go since my old fast back was rattle canned and my new coupe is multicolored, as well as the other 4 cars looking a little rough. But they mechanically sound and built with quality parts and no severely smashed or dented panels. Paint will eventually happen but will be the last thing I do to them.

(Just picked up some LMGT-2's to replace the drift wheels on here.)

I love all my cars, I've put too much time, blood, and sweat into them to ever wanna sell them. Never did understand why ppl switched cars soo much either. I cant do that, when I buy a car I don't ever wanna sell it unless the chassis is fucked up. Actually kinda bothers me to know ppl that buy and sell multiple makers, I just wanna tell them to make up their fucking mind and pick a fucking car.

As far as what ive noticed through the internet I'm hating the new owners. They are cancer for all the other new owners as well cuz they think its cool to have such shitty cars or try to be extreme cheap asses and want to try and build a fast car for under $500 with Knock off garbage shit.

I'm starting to see just about the same thing over her in japan with the new GTR owners. Surprisingly not much with S/C/A-chassis.
About 60-70% of them know nothing about the car or know how to work on it. The choices of mods and styling a questionable at best.

I feel the S-Chassis scene will keep heading down hill till the next RWD chassis becomes more affordable for the cheap asses. But I could be wrong since Ive been out of the US for the last 4 years and all I know is what I see on the internet.

But I will just keep doing my thing in hopes that I can inspire the newer generation to buy legit parts and not have a POS.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 05-25-2016 at 06:51 AM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:18 PM   #219
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Next few years there will be a lot less 240's around and by then not too many fuckbois will be left. Keep pushin' fellas, the storm is almost over.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:25 PM   #220
ze12o
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (26)
ze12o is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
looks good, and thats all that matters!

i always tip my hat off to anyone who actually does their own work. i am sure now you have a better understanding for the amount of work, let alone the risks in doing a job like that.

nice work
Appreciate the kind words! Nerve wrecking getting brand new lights open. Whats the fun of having your own project car if youre going to just cookie cut everyone elses car and buy cheapo bolt ons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Damn that's pretty. What color is that?
Thank you! Its a top secret custom mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
Next few years there will be a lot less 240's around and by then not too many fuckbois will be left. Keep pushin' fellas, the storm is almost over.
I believe a lot of the fuck boys here are buying ft86s now. This is a good sign for us!
Old 05-27-2016, 03:48 PM   #221
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Appreciate the kind words! Nerve wrecking getting brand new lights open.
and then people wonder why certain modifications are so expensive. take apart a 600 dollar set of lights for a measly 20 dollars profit? i think not. risk vs reward.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:33 PM   #222
DrftKingIII
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
DrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura aboutDrftKingIII has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Taken with PotatoCam9000. Came with one of my S14's.