Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-23-2015, 01:12 PM   #1
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Shipping a car across the country

who here has shipped a car before? who did you use?

im looking for a company that actually ships the cars themselves and not one thats just a broker between you and an independent shipper

the car will be going from California to Maine
Old 05-23-2015, 02:41 PM   #2
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
uship.com

They'll send you bids. That's pretty much as easy as it's going to get.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
uship.com

yeah thats mostly what ive been using to get quotes, just wondering if anybody here has first hand experience with a company that they had a good experience with or i should stay away from
Old 05-23-2015, 03:06 PM   #4
TomBec
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
TomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
stay away from New Way Moving company. Do not pay a deposit to any company. Only deal with companies that take payment when you get the car.

i have shipped a car from seattle, wa to tampa, fl and from loiusville, ky to norfolk, va.

USE THIS SITE BEFORE SIGNING A CONTRACT WITH ANY COMPANY!!! http://www.transportreviews.com/

my guess is that if you look around you will pay between 800-1100 to do what youre trying to do.
TomBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #5
ZX88
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
ZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud ofZX88 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I used quik transport was pricey but a closed trailer.
ZX88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 06:11 PM   #6
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBec View Post
stay away from New Way Moving company. Do not pay a deposit to any company. Only deal with companies that take payment when you get the car.

i have shipped a car from seattle, wa to tampa, fl and from loiusville, ky to norfolk, va.

USE THIS SITE BEFORE SIGNING A CONTRACT WITH ANY COMPANY!!! http://www.transportreviews.com/

my guess is that if you look around you will pay between 800-1100 to do what youre trying to do.
this is what i was looking for! who did you use the two times you shipped?
Old 05-25-2015, 07:41 AM   #7
AzS13hatch
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
AzS13hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm also interested in this as I am going to have to ship my cars(or at least one) from AZ to FL
AzS13hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 09:00 AM   #8
TomBec
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
TomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
this is what i was looking for! who did you use the two times you shipped?
i dont remember the first time i shipped what company i used.. but i used new way moving the last time and it was a huge mistake. ended up bound to the company via contract.. they gave me a price, but could not secure shipment for said price. they kept calling me saying "The only driver we could find wants $500 more (than the quote)".. and like i said, i could not legally let another company ship the car because of the contract. they ended up finding a driver the LAST DAY the contract was good.. but still had to pay $80 more than the original price on the contract. the only reason i did it - i was getting deployed and needed the car asap. could not afford the time it would take another company to find a driver. once i signed the contract their attitudes changed with me, too. shit pissed me off.

this is why i say to use the transportation review website before you decide on who ships your car. you will find similar bait-and-switch stories on some of the companies.. you will know who to avoid.

if i were to do it again, i would use uship and bounce the company names off the transportation review website before i responded to anyone.
TomBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:44 PM   #9
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBec View Post

if i were to do it again, i would use uship and bounce the company names off the transportation review website before i responded to anyone.
yeah thats what ive been doing and think ive found who im going with, Amerifreight will ship it with no money down for $1450 which is cheaper than the usual $1550-1600 ive been seeing, ill be giving them a call tonight to set something up
Old 06-04-2015, 02:13 PM   #10
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

still waiting on a carrier to pick the car up, starting to think its not going to happen.

anybody have any ACTUAL shipping companies they could refer me to? all im finding are these terrible broker services who im tired of fucking with
Old 06-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #11
Martino
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
Martino is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonRockett View Post
uship.com

I would use them based on the fact that their slogan is "get ship done"

That's amazing.