Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-27-2009, 10:33 PM   #1
SC_S13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
SC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
black widow infestation! help!

So my car has been sitting around for awhile. last winter break i was picking a bunch off black widows off the outside of my car and my door jambs for days, but since i got back 2 weeks ago and got it running and have driven it around, they've seem to dissapear. all of a sudden though, i'm seeing a couple around my garage and it's making me super paranoid. i searched a little bit but nothing substantial came up, so here it goes:
Have any of you guys had to deal with insects in your cars, and whats the best way of nuking them out of there? I'd hate to get punked by a black widow while working on my suspension... :-( oh btw, i've always washed the bottom with a hose, but it still does nothing to calm me down lol
Old 06-27-2009, 10:58 PM   #2
Kouki_Love
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
Kouki_Love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
mouse traps... like the glue ones!!! lmao

idk maybe that would help..

good luck...
Kouki_Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #3
lunatyk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
lunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymorelunatyk is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lunatyk
Yea, when I first bought my car it had spiders and it laid eggs so my car was crawling in baby spiders. What I did was I bombed my car while in the garage. You can buy it at target and it kills many types of insects, not just spiders. Just be sure to wash your car right after.
lunatyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #4
SC_S13
Zilvia Addict

SC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to allSC_S13 is a name known to all
anyway to do it without bug bomb? I'm just not crazy about all the chemicals...but hey, if that's what i gotta do lol if the car is running and vibrating, shouldn't they all vacant eventually? black widows usually like quiet areas where they're not disturbed...right?
Old 06-27-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
garagelu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (60)
garagelu is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
I would use the bomb. Chemicals are better than getting bit by a black widow.
garagelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:26 PM   #6
silcoupeguy987
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
silcoupeguy987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
some times when i go to buy a car

if it looks like its been sitting and may have a bug problem that defintly effects my decision hard core cuz i never know how i would get rid of the bug problem.

soo i cant wait to hear some tricks someone may have
silcoupeguy987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #7
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
Charlie is on the path to ruinCharlie is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I just just live with the fact I might die from a spider bite LOL. I got spiders in my car too but after driving the the car like for 2 days I don't find webs inside the cabin anymore. Under the car is a different story though shit has webs like on the sub frame and stuff. I just keep a can on pb blaster near me when I'm under the car. Why pb blaster? I once caught a black widow in a foam cup and that shit liquidfy the black widow and ate through the cup.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #8
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
throw some moth balls in there
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mothball
Old 06-27-2009, 11:44 PM   #9
comablack783
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
comablack783 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I work at a university, one of my coworkers was reaching into one of the soda machines and felt something crawling up his arm while pulling out a soda.. he shook it off, turned out to be a black widow.. female, about the size of a dime.. we looked inside the machine and saw it had laid a ton of spider egg sacs by the hole and on the back.. looks like this:

If you see that shit then they have set up shop... destroy their webs/den/sacs, I would bomb those fuckers since they have about a 5% fatality rate and getting bit by one is pretty painful ive heard. bomb the inside of the car and then air it out. Check the car throughly. Infact, I would park the car in the garage, close the door, bomb the garage/outside of the car and throw a bomb underneath the car just to make sure I get everything.
comablack783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 11:53 PM   #10
David B S12
Zilvia Junkie

David B S12 is an unknown quantity at this point
run exuast into interior lol
David B S12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #11
TheHustleHouse
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (10)
TheHustleHouse is making a name for him/her selfTheHustleHouse is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheHustleHouse
holy shit, thats a black widow!??

i was just pulling my bumper off and had one behind my corner light in a web with eggs, i was burning it with a fucking lighter. I didnt know, otherwise i woulda ran the hell away Lol whoa.

I have used brake cleaner in the past to kill daddy long leg spiders, seems to burn them or something.
TheHustleHouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:47 AM   #12
silcoupeguy987
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmer@titan View Post
holy shit, thats a black widow!??

i was just pulling my bumper off and had one behind my corner light in a web with eggs, i was burning it with a fucking lighter. I didnt know, otherwise i woulda ran the hell away Lol whoa.

I have used brake cleaner in the past to kill daddy long leg spiders, seems to burn them or something.

when i was a lil kid i used to take wd-40 and a lighter to bugs till one time i almost burnt down the house lol
Old 06-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #13
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
put some mothballs in you gas tank to get rid of them

jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:44 AM   #14
Charlie
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (35)
Charlie is on the path to ruinCharlie is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Hmm I guess I'll just bomb the garage while I'm at it so it gets rid of the spiders and shit. Thanks for the tip.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:55 AM   #15
cali_love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
cali_love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Raid ® : Concentrated DEEP REACH™ Fogger
Old 06-28-2009, 01:05 AM   #16
comablack783
Leaky Injector

comablack783 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali_love View Post
+1!!

spiders is on the list, get that. get like 3 and bomb the shit out of those! Raid is good stuff, I had a red ant problem in my trunk, lifted up the spare tire and they were just chilling there, raid killed em pretty much instantly, been 2 years now and my trunk is still bug free.
comablack783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:04 AM   #17
n_my_coupe
Zilvia Junkie

n_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymoren_my_coupe is not welcome here anymore
the bomb is your best bet....but if your gonna do it in a garage just put the bomb on a piece of card board on the top of your car and and leave the windows down that stuff is very effective and one will be plenty just clean your car in and out ....

97 Kouki FTW
n_my_coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #18
kognition
Premium Member

kognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfectionkognition is close to perfection
Get a spray bottle, and fill it with rubbing alcohol. Spray the crap out of it and close the windows. Fumes will kill them. Or, if you see em, spray em and torch em with a lighter.
kognition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #19
cali_love
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
cali_love is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Raid ® Concentrated DEEP REACH™ Fogger allows you to automatically fill an average size room (up to 625 sq. ft.) with an insect-killing fog while you're away. it penetrates into cracks, crevices, and carpet fibers. It won't leave a wet, messy residue and it won't stain. Use the fogger in your apartment, home, attic, basement, cabin, garage, storage areas, shed, or 240sx.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:49 AM   #20
silcoupeguy987
Zilvia Junkie

^^^^ lol or 240sx
Old 06-28-2009, 02:14 AM   #21
touge monster
Zilvia Addict

touge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant futuretouge monster has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to touge monster
i had the same exact problem...so I sold the car lol. I'm not going to mess with that shit. I found eight black widows. I never told the new owner and it worries me sometimes that he stops replying to my txts the day after.

on the flip side, i never had to worry about getting my car stolen.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:44 AM   #22
SC_S13
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by touge monster View Post
i had the same exact problem...so I sold the car lol. I'm not going to mess with that shit. I found eight black widows. I never told the new owner and it worries me sometimes that he stops replying to my txts the day after.

I've found 2 in my drive door jamb, 4 under the wheel wells, about 12 in the back under my rear bumper and near my exhaust, and a couple others in misc spots. never inside the cabin, only seen 1 web which is long gone since i started up my car. they seem to be really chilling in the rear so i think i might try to use the plastic sheets body shops use to seal the entire car outside in my driveway (garage is wayyyy to packed with stuff, including water softener ). and by seal i mean cover the entire chassis and tape it to the ground and throw that raid fogger in there. I'm tempted to let my body guy deal with the rear bumper but i kinda like him so . how long do widow babies take to get to full size, cuz all these fuckers are about as big as a quarter, no real indication of babies running about.

OH and guys, do I have to remove my stereo components or anything when i remove the interior or can I just cover them with plastic?
Old 06-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #23
Souljahzs13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (66)
Souljahzs13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 66 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by touge monster View Post

ROFL LMAO!! Freaking Nate
Souljahzs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:28 AM   #24
DataXUnknown
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (30)
DataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfectionDataXUnknown is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
I'd probably part out the car (carefully) and blow up the shell. I fucking hate spiders.
DataXUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:35 AM   #25
mrmephistopheles
Magnanimous Justice Distribution Service

Trader Rating: (9)
mrmephistopheles has disabled reputation
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/203524-surp...or-handle.html

Get bug spray and go out at midnight with it and a flashlight. Hunt the fuckers down.
mrmephistopheles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:04 AM   #26
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
man when i was pulling parts off a parts car i found a couple inside the rear panels. when i was pulling off the bumpers i used wd40 and a lighter to torch the hidden spots. luckily i did that. when i reached in the bumper for some bolts i came out with a big crispy spider smashed on my finger. i recommend my method haha
s13drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:18 AM   #27
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Fire - kill them with fire.

It's the only way.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #28
TPS240sxS13
Zilvia Member

TPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruinTPS240sxS13 is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Fire - kill them with fire.

It's the only way.
this man knows his stuff lol
TPS240sxS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:35 PM   #29
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Its been discussed before, answer is on this thread:

http://zilvia.net/f/chat/255733-car-infested-bugs.html

Page 2

I took care of cleansing my buddies 240Z and also cleared out my backyard and around the house which was suffering from black widows.

I used that spray and within a week or two they were all dead. Easy fix, didnt have to fuck around with a fogger.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:47 PM   #30
SC_S13
Zilvia Addict

yeah so i just got off the phone with the guys at home depot, and they said the raid fogger doesn't kill black widows...so I guess I should try out ixfxi's idea. did you douse the entire car?