Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-19-2015, 02:24 AM   #1
safari
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
safari is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB Is a r32 worth the money?

How much would you pay for an r32?
safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-2015, 02:59 AM   #2
teh smithers
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (11)
teh smithers is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
That depends on how much disposable cash you have. I'm a quadrillionaire, so I'll pay 7 figures for a decent shell.
teh smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:02 AM   #3
safari
Leaky Injector

safari is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh smithers View Post
That depends on how much disposable cash you have. I'm a quadrillionaire, so I'll pay 7 figures for a decent shell.
is it worth the money though? or is it skyline tax?
safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 04:02 AM   #4
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Fuck no unless it's a gtr r32 in great condition....all these gts prices are nuts smh
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:26 AM   #5
angel mkiv
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
angel mkiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You have to consider its condition and parts list.those two play a big factor on how much it's worth.
Old 04-19-2015, 05:32 AM   #6
soundboy
Zilvia Junkie

soundboy is an unknown quantity at this point
r32 makes limited sense IMO, i wont ever want a gtr. Saw many stock rb26 broke doing noting impressive. A gtst maybe.

its whatever you pay for it
soundboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 05:37 AM   #7
gtrinpa

gtrinpa is an unknown quantity at this point
It's about planning ahead. Get one before it's legal from Canada and store it until you drive it into the U.S. that's how I got my gtst for $3,600 USD.
gtrinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 06:35 AM   #8
Yardjass
Zilvia Junkie

Yardjass is an unknown quantity at this point
I'd willingly pay about as much as a used good condition GT-R would sell for in a country where it was sold new. That's if I was in the market anyway. These forbidden fruit, jacked up prices in the states are absurd. Sounds like gtrinpa did it right.
Yardjass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:41 AM   #9
MADE
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
MADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant futureMADE has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just my thoughts.

I lived in Japan for just over 10yrs and been into cars since the first yr I arrived. I seen the prices and know how much cars average. Last night I saw a company selling GTS-t & GTS4 for at least triple from what I assumed they paid for it.(granted the prices are probably increasing due to demand) From a seller point that's awesome, but some of those prices were in other companies GT-R price range. If you want a fast car out the box I think newer cars are better. If you want a childhood dream get the R. Like most cars GT-R's in stock form aren't that fast, but the potential is damn near unlimited if you find someone that know what there doing.

How much would I pay for a BNR32, about 8K.

Last edited by MADE; 04-19-2015 at 02:41 PM..
MADE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:24 AM   #10
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Right, I have seen plenty sell at auctions in Japan, and nice original species R32 with no accidents for $6000-$8000 USD and that was 5+ years ago.

You have to budget another $3000+ to buy spare parts and have them handy here. I dont know about you, but if the hicas situation goes south or the engine needs to be replaced I would be scrambling to figure out what to do next. Your options may be unlimited so your wallet had also better be.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #11
unwtdhero
BANNED

unwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-knownunwtdhero is making his/her stupidity well-known
the people selling them here are high on fumes, theres a fourdoor gtst for 12,999 local....everybody is looking to retire off one sale..
unwtdhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:37 AM   #12
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
$6900 reserve price:

http://yahoo.aleado.com/lot?auctionID=r126651908

Old 04-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #13
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Fuck no. Most r32 gtr's I see sell for anywhere from $15k to $22k. For that money, I'd buy a newer 335xi coupe instead.

I mean, if you wanna have a bunch of jdm fanboys hanging off your nut sack, r32 all the way.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:56 AM   #14
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Not in my opinion. If I'm going to spend that much on an imported car it'd be an r33, fd, or last gen supra. r32s just don't do anything for me.
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:07 PM   #15
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
For a R34 for I'd pay money in the future, i don't care for the R32
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 12:56 PM   #16
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
That is a subjective question to be honest. Money has different worth to different people. I mean is an old muscle car worth the money? In my eyes hell no, in others hell yes. An r34 has the most JDM tax out there. Your basically buying a SLIGHTLY revamped r33. It just has more aggressive looks. Lots of r34 reviews are meh. As far as all my research goes, the r33 is the real performer. It was the one that knocked 22 seconds off of the r32 time. The r32 has the history and heritage in racing. The best bang for your buck is the r33 because they are cheaper yet are performers. They are just kind of ugly in my opinion. The rear mostly. And despite popular belief, they are not the heaviest, the r34 is.

Rb26 engines are pretty stout in stock form. Many stock components can handle high amounts of hp. You only need to worry about a few minor things. First would be the stock ceramic turbos. They can grenade on you if pushed to hard. It's hit or miss, is that a gamble you want to take? Second would be the oil issues. Which are also hit or miss. There are plenty of people out there with unopened engines pushing healthy HP for years. I actually plan on leaving mine unopened for the most part. But i am only shooting for 450ish hp. Run the stocker until it shows some signs of wear. Then rebuild accordingly.

realistically to have a pretty fast ass r32, if the car itself is in good condition, you need fuel components, tuning device, new turbos, front pipe(stock one is very restrictive), catback, clutch and an oil cooler just to be safe. You can do cam gears on stock cams also. The stock intake plenum, intercooler, and intake are good for 500hp.

It really just comes down to what you want the car for and how you will be using it. If you're just buying one to say you have one, then don't. If you want a circuit car, you will have to add a few things to the list above. But if you are having just a fun weekend cruiser to go out and do some highway pulls etc on, you don't need much to be happy.

Also when buying a r32, you need to look at what all is done to the car. I bought mine mostly stock but in very good condition. I have had a few people after seeing pics tell me not to mod it and just put it in storage and let it be. But there are quite a few cars out there that are tuned to the hilt and you can get them for 20-25g. Which is a god damn steal considering what the cars are actually capable of. Not to mention start adding up the price of the parts on it. These car's are not for your average 240 enthusiast lol.

Just my 2 cents
Old 04-19-2015, 02:05 PM   #17
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
r33 is not the best looking. I'd never pay that much money for such an old car. I got to drive my friends r33 a few times. Its cool, rhd, but for 18k in "okay" condition stateside.... the the rest of the car doesn't do it for me.
But i would pay a good price for an s15 spec R, agressive new age looks, modern interior.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:04 AM   #18
iStayBroke
Zilvia Addict

iStayBroke is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in the same boat as MADE, having grown up in Japan. Wouldn't pay more than a used car lot near a military base is selling for, most likely not even that.

I'd also get a JZX-chassis before importing a Skyline, personally.
Old 04-20-2015, 12:15 AM   #19
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I paid 8K for my Bone Stock BNR32 and Just bought a HNR32 (4 Door, 4WD, 5 Speed,Turbo) for 2K.

I would never pay over 10K for a GTR or over 4K for and GTS-t.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 04-20-2015 at 09:36 AM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #20
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=600049

how about this beauty??
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:33 AM   #21
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
I paid 12k for my gtr with everything done , it's now at my fab guy getting caged and paint after everything I'll be in it about 17/18k for a mint r32 gtr , it runs great , but for how much people are selling them for now it's crazy
Old 04-20-2015, 12:14 PM   #22
krampus

krampus is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by iStayBroke View Post
I'm in the same boat as MADE, having grown up in Japan. Wouldn't pay more than a used car lot near a military base is selling for, most likely not even that.

I'd also get a JZX-chassis before importing a Skyline, personally.
100%. Beat me to it.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:24 PM   #23
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Your money gets you more if you buy from a dealer in Canada.

STAY AWAY from International Vehicle Importers out of California, they over charge the F out of cars, then tack on the "import fees". Who the hell is gonna pay $20k for an R32 then an additional fees?! A moron thats who.
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:09 PM   #24
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
If you're looking at a gtst then you're better off just slapping an RB into an s-chassis, that's what I did. For the amount of money you'd spend on a basically stock gtst (I've been seeing them go from 8 to 15k in cali depending on registration) you'd be able to build up the s13 or s14 to out perform that stock r32 gtst. I mean sure I'd love to own a real skyline that's always been a dream car for me, but the fanboi drifboi supaaa jdm brah tax is making them hella unaffordable...

Plus an RB20, which is factory r32 gtst, is not as impressive as most think. I have one in my s13 which weighs about 1000 lbs less than a gtst and its not that fast. Throw one in something bigger and heavier, I can only imagine how slow it'd be haha.

Ultimately it just depends on what you want and what you're going for. If you think that 10g's is a good deal for a used 25+ y.o. nissan that you'll probably get f**ked with by the local pd every time you take it for a stroll, then go for it.
Namaste mother f**ker
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:26 PM   #25
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Old cars like this are for enthusiasts or people who loved the car as a kid. I would prefer a GTS-T shell and swap in some Toyota motor in it. I prefer a Trueno over a R32.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote