Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #61
BURSTspeed
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
BURSTspeed is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I love my miata, alot more challenging to drift than a 240 which I also have. It has been very reliable on the 8+ events I did last season. Stock power. I still love 240s!
DDAY 38 USAIR advanced - miata - YouTube
Old 01-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #62
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raz0rbladez909 View Post
They are very quirky cars but easy to work on, I also felt like the mpg could be better for what the car has 1.8 with 160hp and only 26 mpg?? .
Exactly, they are pretty light because they're small, but definitely not optimized. The engines are heavy and inefficient. Its the worst of all worlds- low power, high weight, low MPG relatively speaking. N/A SR20 swap would be cool, but IIRC the oil pan hits the steering rack and it's a big pain to get it done right. I'd rock a mostly stock NB, but once you start really modding it you might as well just start with a better car like an S2000.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #63
lude4life13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
lude4life13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
My 1990 Miata with over 200k on the clock got 29mpg pretty consistently. And that was with me flooring it everywhere (just to keep up with traffic lol). I've had two and they are awesome cars. Its one of those cars that you have to drive to understand.
lude4life13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #64
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Dusted off my spec miata last weekend from a long winter slumber.

40 miatas running wheel to wheel is pure insanity. Fucking love it!

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #65
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Not really a fan of convertibles.

'baby fd' they are not.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #66
Banana_Cute
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (16)
Banana_Cute is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Miata's arent bad. I've driven two, and driven them hard on corners. GMR etc...and for the small engine and power they produce, they dip out. I only hate the fact that when i sit inside them, I'd have to duck my head to see up front, or the top of the windshield blinds me. Maybe if it had a low seat rails with buckets.. both cars i drop were on stock seats and being 6'0 i was a lil sketch that my head sticks out farther than the oem roll bar. lol

Simplicity is the key to brilliance
Banana_Cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #67
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
the first time i drove one i hated how low the roof is, but after a couple weeks of driving mine i got used to it. kinda nice not having to put down the sun visors at sunset haha.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #68
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Even though I have an S2K now I still miss my Miata from time to time. I don't know why since the S2K is supposed to be a major upgrade from it. The car just seemed to attract less of the "ricer" attention around me. Anytime I go driving now I get the ricer flyby or revved on randomly lol

Maybe I'll end up in another Mazdaspeed someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #69
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
my friends sr20det miata drift machine.. more info on dodologic.ca

Old 05-30-2012, 08:26 PM   #70
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
i've always thought they were badass cars. all my family and friends think they're girl cars though.

if i had the money i'd buy one for sure.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #71
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveJDM View Post
my friends sr20det miata drift machine.
Yeah I saw pictures and video of that car before, I like it.

First time I have seen it with flares though.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #72
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0100 View Post
Yeah I saw pictures and video of that car before, I like it.

First time I have seen it with flares though.

he also has a set of works on order .. here in a few weeks. will be sick.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #73
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Love mine just bought it 2 months ago. Really fun!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:04 PM   #74
slothonaleash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
slothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond reputeslothonaleash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
6'5"

no fit

msglength
slothonaleash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #75
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
My opinion (never drove one, but from experiences with owners and what i read online)
-car seems to have potential, rotary swaps/ lsx swaps seem to bring it to a new level
-yes, the track cars are fucking amazing
- the owners are either track guys who actually do a good job on their cars, douchey 40 year olds who are like "yeah i mess with miatas/ I drive a sports car/yeah I have coilover suspension I'm a fucking track star" or kids who slam that shit to the ground
- a hardtop would be nice, the hatchs would have been nice too
-yes they are inexpensive, but so are 240's, 300zx's, mkiii rx-7's , etc. it all depends on where you look and how far you are willing to travel
-I cant knock it till i've tried (driven) it

not that anyone cares for my opinion though. I've considered a miata and even hondas, but i found other options, and i dont want to be in those crowds, even though the 240 is becoming the new civic
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #76
imnatelol
Zilvia Junkie

imnatelol is an unknown quantity at this point
I've had 4 of these cars already. Awesome chassis, very underpowered. Aftermarket is huge and there's lots of quality shit available. Slap on a turbo and make ~250 and it's a fucking rocket. They've been cool and the community has been kick ass but lately all the kids are buying these and slamming them and trying to resell them for ridiculous prices. They're getting popular with hipsters. That is my cue to get out.
imnatelol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:14 AM   #77
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
If I knew then what I know now, instead of my first S13, I would have bought a miata or SW20 MR2 with T-tops.
simmode1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #78
Nismo_34
Leaky Injector

Nismo_34 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have one now, along with my S13. The Miata was the first car I bought on my own in 2010. It's funny to me that Miata haters call them chick cars. When in reality, I see more guy and girls driving them around.

I have found a big reason they are so much fun on the street is in fact their lack of power. I mean, sure you can swap in a bigger motor, supercharger, turbo or whatever. But then you can't full throttle hoon anywhere. I'm sure I'd love having more power in mine, but then you're messing with the reliability and cost of the cheap fun car.

I've had my Miata since November of 2010. I have literally changed the oil and put gas in it since I bought it. I have only changed suspension parts for more competitive rates. I've put almost 30k miles on it in less than 2 years. I'm getting close to my first timing belt/water pump job. You can't beat that for reliability in a former DD/auto-x build. Now that I have 2 other cars, it doesn't have to be used for the long trips, which is great for my back.
Nismo_34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #79
imnatelol
Zilvia Junkie

imnatelol is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana_Cute View Post
Miata's arent bad. I've driven two, and driven them hard on corners. GMR etc...and for the small engine and power they produce, they dip out. I only hate the fact that when i sit inside them, I'd have to duck my head to see up front, or the top of the windshield blinds me. Maybe if it had a low seat rails with buckets.. both cars i drop were on stock seats and being 6'0 i was a lil sketch that my head sticks out farther than the oem roll bar. lol
Oem roll bar? No bro...
imnatelol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:00 AM   #80
Mikey213
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (-1)
Mikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really niceMikey213 is just really nice
Feedback Score: -1 reviews
Used to have a turbo miata. It was fun! I just grew out of it.
Mikey213 is offline   Reply With Quote