Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #31
vehicle336
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
vehicle336 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy sr View Post
id buy a RHD evo 8 for 12g instead

I just sold my 03 Evo for 12k - and it was mostly stock, high mileage and pretty haggard. Where the fuck are you getting RHD evo's in the first place, and how can I get one for that retardedly low price? Seriously, if you have a hook up I'm interested...
vehicle336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2012, 01:19 PM   #32
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
WOW! What a POS! The dude called me and we had agreed on 7.5k over the email. THEN he tells me:

The reason for the swap was because a black lady hit the car right/front in an intersection

The AC does't work but just needs recharged

The cruise control doesn't work becuase 'i didn't hook it up'

The shocks are basic shocks and the brakes aren't new

The plate is expired and has been for the last two years

Now here's the good part:
The sent me photos of NEW brakes ON the car, TOLD me that EVERYTHING worked, and that the plates were good.
I politely told him that we would waste no more of each others time adn that I was a little displease he misrepresented the car as being in no accidents, having everything functional, and having valid plates.
Good part:

Found locally, about five miles away, a $3500 Auto, all original, all good, everything works, BUT has small crack in windshield, check engine light on, peeling clearcoat on hood, inner window tint peeling, but good dash, good interiro, and owned by older couple with ALL maintenance records. It's an auto, but I think when I look at it later today I may be able to live with it and work from the engine light out to get it right, then if I can find the local earle Sheib get a temporary scrape and paint until I can afford to do everything all around.
My plan is to start with brakes and shocks/springs, move to wheels and tires next, then freshen the interior, and then go after the engine bay with elbow grease, paint and detail along with intake and cat back for now. Long term, manual trans, rebuild motor(keeping it NA if it's na, turbo if turbo). I love the car from WA(The dark red one, sleeper...9.5k) and think that is really a kick ass way to go. Keep the body OEM, drop it a little, stiffen it up, make it faster but keep reliability and oem looks. I really dig those Volk TE37's just because they are as old as the car and should look good on it. Maybe even put a dual wheel stripe on the fender and maybe an old school nismo logo next to them just to give a nod to old school road racing
You can probably low ball them down to $2500. First thing I'd look into is if has a sun roof or not. If it doesnt...score!!! If it does, inspect the sunroof for leaks and make sure the fiberglass trim sitting on top of the glass, that holds the rubber seals in place, isnt delaminating off the edges, away from the glass. If it is, might wanna start looking for another sun roof or a plug for it. Do a compression check, rust under the wheel well, under the body, windshield wiper tray and around the trunk area. Wouldnt hurt to pull the codes out of the ECU to see what codes are popping. Probably just needs an o2 sensor or EGR needs some TLC.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #33
bftII40
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (11)
bftII40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
spend your 12k on a 350Z
bftII40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #34
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
It's a 96, 173k miles, a handshake for the caash/car transaction Monday or Tuesday.
Body is freakin OEM suh WEET! dings...teeny tiny, rust..NONE! Trnk OEM FACTORY 16 y/o NEW..no drips, oil stains, nada! Clean paint! Engine bay...freakin spotless, and not because it was recently cleaned or detailed. The car is immaculate, runs strong...way better than that POS Neon I had(well it wasnt a POS, but NEON tranny suck balls).
I have enough budget to kill the orange check engine light(EMMISSIONS!), replace the windshield(>$200), replace the tint, and get it painted.
Here she is:

Old 03-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #35
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
ps, I think I'm done with this particular thread so I am moving to ZENKI'S!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #36
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
shaggy sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by vehicle336 View Post
I just sold my 03 Evo for 12k - and it was mostly stock, high mileage and pretty haggard. Where the fuck are you getting RHD evo's in the first place, and how can I get one for that retardedly low price? Seriously, if you have a hook up I'm interested...
ur retardedly hustler. u can buy an evo 1 for 5g.
http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/cto/2819293438.html

if u dont like an evo 1, then buy rhd rx7 at cheap price
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/2911199961.html

i love 03 evo. pics?