Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question 240SX Zenki Conversions Prices

OK, I'm a noob to this site. Owned a nasty lil Datsun 210 once(you ever heard 1300cc's on 104 Octane, race cam, side draft 44 weber, 10:1 compression and 2.5" no cat, and a burns muffler? Think wickedly sounding killer bees and a 130mph top speed). I know a litle abou tperformance, but I know jack about what I should pay for a car I am looking at.
The guy has put new:
brakes, suspension, bushings, Silvia-R nose, red top motor(runs on 87 all day long, at 70 the turbo barley breathes). The interior is nice, the chassis has 136k on it and the manual trans/motor have 38k on them. The car has new paint, a very good interior.
I am considering offereing $7500 cash because he is asking $12000.
What have I seen for $12000? Full body kits, slammed/race suspensions, race brakes, HIGHLY modded turbos, built motors, race wheels/tires, in essence, a butt load more hours o flabor, and tons of cash into the project with completely stellar finishes. That is what I think $12000 buys.
A car that looks stock JDM with a red top conversion, no intercooler, no turbo timer, no sweet adjustable Tanabe suspension, no 3" Tanabe Meddalion G exhaust, I just cannot justify more than $7500.
Am I wrong? I believe I am in the right place to get the advice I need so I can get the cash, make the offer, and hopefully rol on home with a nice new to me car.
Ya see, I lost my little factory custom Neon ACR...R/T package ADDED, AC ADDED, custom 500W stereo, 12" Memphis sub, six memphis in the car, Motorsport 9.5# wheels(17x7), custom merged exhaust with side exit, yeah, a dodge neon, but it did 145 on flat ground and smoked Hondas.
Now I got me a jones for another car, summer is here, don't want to wait for winter again, so I have a few requitements to meet.
Rear Wheel drive, Manual trans, five to six gears, and nice. Not perfect, lower than 150k miles, well kept, and ready to roll. I got $7500 to spend and damned if I don't find myself thinking, yannow Redline, a freakin Silvia is what you want. With so many Hondas on the road, a Silvia is just what ya need.The more I look at them, and the more I research them, I really gotta have a Zenki. been thinkin about a NISMO270R, but maybe a 300R would be the way, but either way, I'm gettin me a Zenki. SO
If the car is essentially stock, 236k mileschassis, motor 38k, most of the stuff repaired or rebuilt to basic performance or stock configuration, is $7500 good? I do know $12000 isn't and only wishful thinkin on his part.
What say all you?
I'm Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
driftsilvias13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (54)
driftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nicedriftsilvias13 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 03-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
enkei2k
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (29)
enkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfectionenkei2k is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
OK, I'm a noob to this site. Owned a nasty lil Datsun 210 once(you ever heard 1300cc's on 104 Octane, race cam, side draft 44 weber, 10:1 compression and 2.5" no cat, and a burns muffler? Think wickedly sounding killer bees and a 130mph top speed). I know a litle abou tperformance, but I know jack about what I should pay for a car I am looking at.
The guy has put new:
brakes, suspension, bushings, Silvia-R nose, red top motor(runs on 87 all day long, at 70 the turbo barley breathes). The interior is nice, the chassis has 136k on it and the manual trans/motor have 38k on them. The car has new paint, a very good interior.
What have I seen for $12000? Full body kits, slammed/race suspensions, race brakes, HIGHLY modded turbos, built motors, race wheels/tires, in essence, a butt load more hours o flabor, and tons of cash into the project with completely stellar finishes. That is what I think $12000 buys.
A car that looks stock JDM with a red top conversion, no intercooler, no turbo timer, no sweet adjustable Tanabe suspension, no 3" Tanabe Meddalion G exhaust, I just cannot justify more than $7500.
Am I wrong? I believe I am in the right place to get the advice I need so I can get the cash, make the offer, and hopefully rol on home with a nice new to me car.
Ya see, I lost my little factory custom Neon ACR...R/T package ADDED, AC ADDED, custom 500W stereo, 12" Memphis sub, six memphis in the car, Motorsport 9.5# wheels(17x7), custom merged exhaust with side exit, yeah, a dodge neon, but it did 145 on flat ground and smoked Hondas.
Now I got me a jones for another car, summer is here, don't want to wait for winter again, so I have a few requitements to meet.
Rear Wheel drive, Manual trans, five to six gears, and nice. Not perfect, lower than 150k miles, well kept, and ready to roll. I got $7500 to spend and damned if I don't find myself thinking, yannow Redline, a freakin Silvia is what you want. With so many Hondas on the road, a Silvia is just what ya need.The more I look at them, and the more I research them, I really gotta have a Zenki. been thinkin about a NISMO270R, but maybe a 300R would be the way, but either way, I'm gettin me a Zenki. SO
If the car is essentially stock, 236k mileschassis, motor 38k, most of the stuff repaired or rebuilt to basic performance or stock configuration, is $7500 good? I do know $12000 isn't and only wishful thinkin on his part.
What say all you?
- what's a "Silvia-R nose"?

- sounds stock, especially according to you, no IC, nor any decent mods to it.

- LOL at you thinking Tanabe is the shit.

Offer 5k. Firm. Drift tax isn't that high.

xquizitditz
enkei2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
oh god.........
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
So Tanabe isn't the cat's ass huh? What is? I'm just sayin all I have to go by is what the dude said over the phone. from what I have seen here on this site, this isn't a $12000 car, it's a $6000 car+/-

Lets see if I can post some pics:

What would you pay for this car? They are asking $12k which would get me something with a body kit, aftermarket brakes, aftermarket suspension mods, in other words a ton of performance parts. Am I within what anyone would pay when I say I would offer $6000 for this and no more than $7500?
I'm Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 PM   #6
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Lets see if I can post some pics:

What would you pay for this car? They are asking $12k which would get me something with a body kit, aftermarket brakes, aftermarket suspension mods, in other words a ton of performance parts. Am I within what anyone would pay when I say I would offer $6000 for this and no more than $7500?
Old 03-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #7
takechan

takechan is an unknown quantity at this point
7.5k max and haggle from there. Thing about these cars is that things will break. car looks clean and looks like a stock Sr20det since it still has the SMIC. Why does radiator support look painted?
takechan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:26 PM   #8
ma.jomaa
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
ma.jomaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
$12000 for a stock zenki with SR20 WTF, I'll sell you my zenki with body kit, N1 coilovers, Enkie RPF1's and a 12pt rollcage for 8K
ma.jomaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:28 PM   #9
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

The guy said the motor, trans, and front plastic/metal body parts, lights, etc came from a Silvia R. He just had the car painted a two step gold(not my favorite color) and was bragging about the tockico shocks and red springs, but I now from a little vintage racing, those don't make up anything more than a little better street handling. All the badges are Silvia stuff on the front, but I don't get the GTR badge centered on the back...I know the Nismo270R's had a GTR Brakes badge on their backside, but never saw anything like this.

So you all agree, offer $5k, and haggle to no more than $7.5k? I have a few days
Old 03-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
ma.jomaa
Zilvia Addict

ma.jomaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The guy said the motor, trans, and front plastic/metal body parts, lights, etc came from a Silvia R. He just had the car painted a two step gold(not my favorite color) and was bragging about the tockico shocks and red springs, but I now from a little vintage racing, those don't make up anything more than a little better street handling. All the badges are Silvia stuff on the front, but I don't get the GTR badge centered on the back...I know the Nismo270R's had a GTR Brakes badge on their backside, but never saw anything like this.

So you all agree, offer $5k, and haggle to no more than $7.5k? I have a few days
7.5K would be on the highside IMO
ma.jomaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #11
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
i would NEVER pay more than 5200 for that.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #12
S14TEENZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
S14TEENZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
12k fuck no...5kmax
Old 03-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #13
SRSouljah

Trader Rating: (1)
SRSouljah is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
5k all day homie. Any more than that and your ripping yourself off
SRSouljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 PM   #14
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well that looks like a lower model (non se)clean Zenki on the outside. Always check underneath 240's for rust etc.. With that said without the SR that's a 3K car all day maybe a lil more when it gets hot out and first time drivers get in on bidding... Now complete S13 redtop motorset = ($15-1700) and labor would be the same if a shop it doing the swap. If the car is clean and runs to redline without smoking then between 6-7 sounds fair. I now from my own setup that I won't ever get back what i'm in so far but that's not what it's about. The guy knows he'll eat some but how much is the question.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:51 PM   #15
afiser
Leaky Injector

afiser is an unknown quantity at this point
₫20,000,000 dong
afiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:07 PM   #16
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
He's running an SR on 87?!

I'd offer no more than 5.5k for it. IF it has A/C and cruise, I'd consider doing 6k, but no more than that. The guy is fucking high, and I have a feeling he won't go for it and instead call you a lowballing piece of shit because he thinks his car is awesome.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:10 PM   #17
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
5k EASY! you pay anymore and you might as well lube your own ass when you fuck yourself lol
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:19 PM   #18
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRSouljah View Post
5k all day homie. Any more than that and your ripping yourself off
Agree with this, I've seen a hell of a lot nicer cars go for 7.5
Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #19
harris180
Zilvia Member

harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The guy has put new:
What say all you?

Wow.. i have highlighted all the things of interest to me in your post, heres the list

1. What is a Silvia R nose?? I would assume it meant like an Spec R s15 front, but that is clearly not the case from your photos..

2. What does run on 87 all day long mean?? Is that like fuel octane or something??

3. If the SR only has 38,000k's on it, that is EXTREMELY low.. those redtops now are nearing on 20 years old, for it to only have 38 thousand k's on it is remarkable.

4. The one redeeming fact for you is you used the term "jones" as in, "jonesin".. that word is hilarious to me, so +1 to you..

5. Is yannow your name?? What does "yannow redline" mean..

6. Afaik, there were only 50 270r's made, so you have literally no chance of getting one..

7. Again, afaik, there was never a 300r made.. there WAS a 400r, but thats a 33gtr..

So there you go bro, get back to me about those..

And as above, even $7500 would seem a stretch..
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #20
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
4000-5000max.
What is so special about a factory 205hp engine???
Suspension is not much either, I mean, he could have been walking behind an alley and found them for free.
Who cares SR, KA, bla bla bla. Its just a factory low power engine. Car is old and so is engine. You could get a 300hp 350z for just a couple bux more.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #21
mantas
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
mantas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
12k, Roflmao!!! What is that 12k paying for? Oh wait i get it.....because drift car!!!
mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #22
S14TEENZ
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
S14TEENZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Drift tax duh!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:46 PM   #23
winter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
winter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dude. That's a GTR-Spec S14. Ultra rare, worth the $12,000 pricetag. They only made 500 of those.
winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #24
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

1. What is a Silvia R nose?? I would assume it meant like an Spec R s15 front, but that is clearly not the case from your photos..

That is what the guy said on the phone

2. What does run on 87 all day long mean?? Is that like fuel octane or something??

87 Octane fuel...7:1 compression and the turbo isn't working hard at 70mph

3. If the SR only has 38,000k's on it, that is EXTREMELY low.. those redtops now are nearing on 20 years old, for it to only have 38 thousand k's on it is remarkable.

Again, what the guy said on the phone...parts came from 'a japanese guy in NY who specializes in JDM parts'

4. The one redeeming fact for you is you used the term "jones" as in, "jonesin".. that word is hilarious to me, so +1 to you..

Jones, whatever...Panty 6 loves the lines of the car and I like Silvias/240SX's because they have RWD and are just cool cars

5. Is yannow your name?? What does "yannow redline" mean..

Ya Know, Yanno, yannow, kinda like naked, nekkid, neccid...TN is getting to me,I'm from Nor-Cal

6. Afaik, there were only 50 270r's made, so you have literally no chance of getting one..

Not wanting one...that would be cool, but CLONE it for kicks

7. Again, afaik, there was never a 300r made.. there WAS a 400r, but thats a 33gtr..

Found pics online of Kouki's with 300R low in front of the back wheel when I was looking for dope on Sil's...not my fault someone faked something and I got the wrong idea

As I said...NEWB here, HELLO! DILLITANTE! You know, a guy who is trying to get schooled on a car that is actually pretty damn sweet. Yeah, I get it, dues, tax, whatever, new guy gets the business, no problem, I got a thick skin from the military.

Oh, and that drifting thing...WTF uses a BRAKE??? INERTIA man, inertia, speed gains momentum into a corner, inertia brings the car around into a drift, gas pedal powers it out(that's how I learned it in my '66 Stang anyway) brakes???? WTF? We called it powersliding back in the day. My little 210 used to be hell on the old pali...dayam, drifting with brakes...learned something new today

As the man said in the interview,"Speed uh, Speed uh, gives uh inertia, no brake uh...must uh use for parking uh"
Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #25
harris180
Zilvia Member

harris180 is an unknown quantity at this point
well i personally wouldnt buy that car anyways then, based on the fact the guy selling it is obviously retarded, or trying to sell the car as something it isnt..
harris180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:27 PM   #26
OhSnapS14
Leaky Injector

OhSnapS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
ill put it to you this way i only paid 5700 for a s14 rb20det swap, engine work, upgraded rad. huge intercooler system 4 pioneer speakers and deck LOL see what im sayin? offer 4.500 or tell him to call me so i can tell him hes an idiot.
OhSnapS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 AM   #27
dazed
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (37)
dazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the roughdazed is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 37 reviews

For a zenki in that condition with a redflop.
dazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:42 AM   #28
ScottMaganay

ScottMaganay is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm just sayin all I have to go by is what the dude said over the phone.

ScottMaganay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #29
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

WOW! What a POS! The dude called me and we had agreed on 7.5k over the email. THEN he tells me:

The reason for the swap was because a black lady hit the car right/front in an intersection

The AC does't work but just needs recharged

The cruise control doesn't work becuase 'i didn't hook it up'

The shocks are basic shocks and the brakes aren't new

The plate is expired and has been for the last two years

Now here's the good part:
The sent me photos of NEW brakes ON the car, TOLD me that EVERYTHING worked, and that the plates were good.
I politely told him that we would waste no more of each others time adn that I was a little displease he misrepresented the car as being in no accidents, having everything functional, and having valid plates.
Good part:

Found locally, about five miles away, a $3500 Auto, all original, all good, everything works, BUT has small crack in windshield, check engine light on, peeling clearcoat on hood, inner window tint peeling, but good dash, good interiro, and owned by older couple with ALL maintenance records. It's an auto, but I think when I look at it later today I may be able to live with it and work from the engine light out to get it right, then if I can find the local earle Sheib get a temporary scrape and paint until I can afford to do everything all around.
My plan is to start with brakes and shocks/springs, move to wheels and tires next, then freshen the interior, and then go after the engine bay with elbow grease, paint and detail along with intake and cat back for now. Long term, manual trans, rebuild motor(keeping it NA if it's na, turbo if turbo). I love the car from WA(The dark red one, sleeper...9.5k) and think that is really a kick ass way to go. Keep the body OEM, drop it a little, stiffen it up, make it faster but keep reliability and oem looks. I really dig those Volk TE37's just because they are as old as the car and should look good on it. Maybe even put a dual wheel stripe on the fender and maybe an old school nismo logo next to them just to give a nod to old school road racing
Old 03-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #30
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
shaggy sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
id buy a RHD evo 8 for 12g instead