Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2017, 05:57 PM   #1
R3b
Zilvia Junkie
 
R3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South FL
Age: 21
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Photographers of Zilvia

All of us are into cars but how much of you guys like shooting pictures so the rest of the world can see? Post up what you use and a picture or two.

Should really stick to mainly automotive photography but if you want to share something then post away. Not sure how active people are that take pictures but I shoot a bit of my local scene and whenever I go out.

I use to use a cheap canon t3i with kit lens and regular 50mm but I've now switched over to film which crazy addicting. I got a cheap olympus om10 and 50mm 1.8 for like 30 bucks at a yard sale. Worked great but now I stepped it up and got a Nikon f3hp with a 24mm 2.8

Here is one of my favorite pictures of a locals kouki... He has an r33 now but this one got rear ended in his drive way almost a year after his first kouki was also hit in his drive way the same way. Crazy story and clean car.


This is from our local meets, used my nikon with normal kodak ultra 400 but pushed it 1600. Got a lot of cool shots for basically shit late night parking lot lamp light. Was shooting handheld the whole time with it at 2.8 and around 15-30 for shutter.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
exitspeed
aWingThing.com
 
exitspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Age: 39
Posts: 20,346
Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
We have an old photography thread on here but almost no one that used to post in it posts on here any more. Not sure if any of those people even shoot any more.

I've been fortunate to be able to learn from (and assist) one of the best commercial advertising photographers in the Midwest, Nick Collura (google him).

I've personally come along way since I've posted anything on here. Only thin now is I almost only shoot for work and hardly shoot anything "on a whim", and if it's not for work it's usually a personal project. I shoot mostly advertising focusing on portrait and lifestyle photography. There's probably some really great photographers on here that don't post.

Here's a couple shots from 2 recent projects. Link to my site is mhrussell.com

Canon 6D, Sigma 35mm Art Lens, 600-RT in a large Photosoftlighter.


Canon 1DX MkII, 24mm TS...
__________________
What I do for a living...www.mhrussell.com
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:46 PM   #3
R3b
Zilvia Junkie
 
R3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South FL
Age: 21
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah I saw that thread but it seemed pretty dead being about 4 years old. Would like to see if there is any new guys. Seems like the last 2 years no as a hobbie more people are doing it for social media and what not.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 09:26 PM   #4
s13poop
Post Whore!
 
s13poop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Puente, SOCAL 626
Posts: 3,184
Trader Rating: (1)
s13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfections13poop is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13poop
glad this is popping up back again no need to revive the old one but i'm hyped to see peoples work

once I stop being lazy i'll post up some of my stuff
s13poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #5
R3b
Zilvia Junkie
 
R3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South FL
Age: 21
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glad to see other interested in. Going to post up from this roll I developed today. Came out amazing! The double exposure came out sick and always loving seeing this cosmos at our local meet.



Cant beat the range/colors in film
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
onehundredoctane
Premium Member
 
onehundredoctane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Greensborough, NC
Posts: 2,752
Trader Rating: (3)
onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Wait. . . didn't there used to be a photography thread?

Either way, snapped this one at American LeMans years ago.


This is from 2010 time frame I believe, Madison, WI capital building.


My friend Jay's S13
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
exitspeed
aWingThing.com
 
exitspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Age: 39
Posts: 20,346
Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
We have an old photography thread on here but almost no one that used to post in it posts on here any more. Not sure if any of those people even shoot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehundredoctane View Post
Wait. . . didn't there used to be a photography thread?
And I'm usually a stickler for not making a new thread but that one is pretty damn old now.
__________________
What I do for a living...www.mhrussell.com
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #8
Felipe
Post Whore!
 
Felipe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: No pues wow
Posts: 2,952
Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I remember when there was a photo contest thread lol
__________________
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:12 PM   #9
R3b
Zilvia Junkie
 
R3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South FL
Age: 21
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gonna just randomly post and hopefully this thread stays alive.
Push kodak gold one stop from 800, had about two hours of sleep from hanging out at our meets the night before. Had bit long exposure so set it one this railing in our parking garage by work.


Started messing with black/white film and love it. So much better for low light and pushing. This was Hp5 pushed to 1600. My cars been out since apirl last year was my daily and randomly bent two rods the one day. Built the motor, shaved the bay, FA500 coils, some small aesthetic things and its just been sitting for the last couple months. For life of me cant figure out this lean issue on start and now just randomly dies. Going to mess with it and start from scratch these next two days. Have swapped ecus, maf, replaced just about everything and leak tested it.


Another shoot from the same b/w roll @ 1600, only have a 24mm 2.8. Has a lot of range of light shooting at 2.8 and 30th shutter. Next purchase is a nice 50 1.4


Buddies coupe, just swapped in a running ka to get him going till he gets funds to do a 1jz. 1600 B/w


These next ones are the same film pushed to 3200. The box speed is 400 and im so surprised with the results. Can shoot in daylight perfect but super high shutter and aperture. Need an N.D filter to mess with.


This was a couple weeks ago. Kid came a little to hot and smashed a curb trying to roll into the meet. Was auto lol, wheel and all the arms were fucked. Couldn't turn the car since it has electronic steering. Was going forward and back for about 10 mins till people pushed his car to the grass. Kid probably wasnt going to our meet but probably this subro meet that is held the same night on the other side of the parking lot. The do the typical obnoxious and attention shit.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:03 PM   #10
innovation
Zilvia Junkie
 
innovation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chino, CA
Posts: 436
Trader Rating: (3)
innovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Been messing around taking photos of my STI


021517 by innovation, on Flickr
DSC_0063 by innovation, on Flickr
DSC_0249 by innovation, on Flickr
DSC_0264 by innovation, on Flickr
innovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:22 PM   #11
Walperstyle
Nissanaholic!
 
Walperstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Alberta, Red Derp
Age: 37
Posts: 1,726
Trader Rating: (0)
Walperstyle is a jewel in the roughWalperstyle is a jewel in the roughWalperstyle is a jewel in the roughWalperstyle is a jewel in the roughWalperstyle is a jewel in the roughWalperstyle is a jewel in the roughWalperstyle is a jewel in the roughWalperstyle is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Walperstyle
facebook: Walper Photo Archives
__________________
KA-T ORG-Function over Flush
Walperstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:45 PM   #12
R3b
Zilvia Junkie
 
R3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South FL
Age: 21
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Found my new favortie film. Cinestill 800. Shot this whole thing at 800 from a parking lot meet at night on hand held at 15/30th shutter to sunny afternoon and a one foggy morning. Everything came out really good even if it was underexposed 3-4 STOPS or even overexposed a couple. You can shoot this literally at 200-1600 and develope it at regular speed.

This film supposed to be similar chemical make up to old kodak production film they used in moves to gives really nice tones and eats light up like crazy. Any artificial light turns this nice neon red and is washed out.





R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 01:18 AM   #13
68whiskey
Zilvia Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: san diego
Posts: 191
Trader Rating: (3)
68whiskey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Op if you are just getting into film I suggest buying some Ilford XP-2 as its a great B&W film that can be developed at costco or whatever has those 1 hr processing stations. Scans into Photoshop real nice like
68whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:33 PM   #14
R3b
Zilvia Junkie
 
R3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South FL
Age: 21
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68whiskey View Post
Op if you are just getting into film I suggest buying some Ilford XP-2 as its a great B&W film that can be developed at costco or whatever has those 1 hr processing stations. Scans into Photoshop real nice like
Have a roll on my desk right now. I do all my developing and scanning myself need to make a flikr because uploading and resizing in imgur is loosing a ton of detail.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 09:50 PM   #15
Mintyboy
Leaky Injector
 
Mintyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 26
Posts: 75
Trader Rating: (3)
Mintyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Hey guys!
Just found this thread and would like to contribute! Still an amateur photographer but will try and post as much as I can. Here is a couple I have

[IMG]newportocean by nainglin.myint Myint, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]formuladrift by nainglin.myint Myint, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]lamborear by nainglin.myint Myint, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]rooftop by nainglin.myint Myint, on Flickr[/IMG]
Mintyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 02:35 PM   #16
1on1
Post Whore!
 
1on1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Norcal
Posts: 3,294
Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
I forgot about this thread and I hope to get some guides. I picked up a Canon 7D with standard lens + 50mm f1.4 lens and wondering what other lens you guys recommend?

For example, what type of lens should I use if I want to take awesome photos near and from a distance? Also, would these lens also be appropriate for videography?

Unless you can recommend a link/tutorial I can read, that would be great.
__________________
instagram
1on1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:18 AM   #17
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!
 
Almighty So's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: CHICAGO
Posts: 1,715
Trader Rating: (11)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
50mm are always great in my opinion. I had a lot of fun with mine back in the day.
I was more familiar with Nikon but the 7d should be more than capable of taking great video if stabilized.
http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/02/...ear-some-idea/
Here's a speedhunters article of some gear.
They have a good handful of articles on automotive photography.
Not by any means saying speedhunters is a go to for photography knowledge but they do have quite a bit of experience to share.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
This pissing match is getting old
Almighty So is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:01 AM   #18
Mintyboy
Leaky Injector
 
Mintyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 26
Posts: 75
Trader Rating: (3)
Mintyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almighty So View Post
50mm are always great in my opinion. I had a lot of fun with mine back in the day.
I was more familiar with Nikon but the 7d should be more than capable of taking great video if stabilized.
http://www.speedhunters.com/2014/02/...ear-some-idea/
Here's a speedhunters article of some gear.
They have a good handful of articles on automotive photography.
Not by any means saying speedhunters is a go to for photography knowledge but they do have quite a bit of experience to share.
I agree with him as well. I started off with a 50mm. Great lens for its price and ability. Called the nifty fifty for a reason lol
__________________
Mintyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #19
exitspeed
aWingThing.com
 
exitspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Age: 39
Posts: 20,346
Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
I forgot about this thread and I hope to get some guides. I picked up a Canon 7D with standard lens + 50mm f1.4 lens and wondering what other lens you guys recommend?

For example, what type of lens should I use if I want to take awesome photos near and from a distance? Also, would these lens also be appropriate for videography?

Unless you can recommend a link/tutorial I can read, that would be great.
There's just so much to answering those questions.

I had a 7D when it first came out. Great little crop body. 50 1.4 was the first lens I bought...still have it. 50mm is just a great focal length because its closest to how our eye sees. I'm a fan of primes. For video or photo its always great to have the standard set of primes, 24mm, 35mm (my personal favorite focal length), 50mm, 85mm and then something longer like a 100mm or then a 70-200. Its always nice to have some zoom lenses too. Something wide like a 17-40 or 16-35 if you have the budget. The 24-70 II is a really great all around lens. SUPER sharp on the 5DSR body.

I'm fortunate to have access and usage of virtually every Canon piece of glass out there, even the TS lenses. Love those damn things.

If you are shooting video one of the best tools you can have around is the Manfortto Monopod. You can conduct interviews with it and do small camera movements. This is a must. Another thing is a slider. There are SOOOOO many sliders out there. I haven't kept up on whats the best or best bang for your buck lately since I don't shoot video all that often, but there are a ton of them and you can spend a little or a lot.

I recommend following Fstoppers. Lots of great info on there.

Also, if you plan on shooting a lot. Upgrade as soon as you can to a full frame body. It'll save you the trouble of having to sell MORE lenses later on.
__________________
What I do for a living...www.mhrussell.com
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 09:09 PM   #20
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Member
 
Jo_Galezo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So happy to find a thread like this, i was wondering if there were any photographers on this. I shoot with a Nikon D750 & on film i mostly shoot with a Nikon F3HP or Olympus OM1



My website is www.JoGalezo.com

Lets keep this thread going, i know theres a lot of more photogs on this!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:38 PM   #21
Mintyboy
Leaky Injector
 
Mintyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Age: 26
Posts: 75
Trader Rating: (3)
Mintyboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
So happy to find a thread like this, i was wondering if there were any photographers on this. I shoot with a Nikon D750 & on film i mostly shoot with a Nikon F3HP or Olympus OM1



My website is www.JoGalezo.com

Lets keep this thread going, i know theres a lot of more photogs on this!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loving your shots! We should link up one day, I need some pointers lol. Also, was that bmw shot at h2o? lol
__________________
Mintyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:49 PM   #22
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Member
 
Jo_Galezo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintyboy View Post
Loving your shots! We should link up one day, I need some pointers lol. Also, was that bmw shot at h2o? lol


Thank you man! & that specific shot wasn't at H2O but i did infact shoot that car at H2O near a sunset by water also lol & yeah im in NY what's your IG?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:30 PM   #23
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: nepa
Age: 35
Posts: 2,768
Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^Your shots are amazing

I've been shooting amateur for a while using a Nikon D90 body with either 18-200mm or 50mm f/1.8. Things died down since I got married but this year I got a deal I couldn't refuse on a Nikon D3 with 35-70mm f/2.8. I'm back into automotive photography and has primarily taken a liking to light painting. My IG: @zeedakay

2017-11-13_08-10-37 by zeedakay, on Flickr
__________________
04 S60R 6MT
IG: @zeedakay
ehhhregartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:24 PM   #24
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Member
 
Jo_Galezo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
^Your shots are amazing

I've been shooting amateur for a while using a Nikon D90 body with either 18-200mm or 50mm f/1.8. Things died down since I got married but this year I got a deal I couldn't refuse on a Nikon D3 with 35-70mm f/2.8. I'm back into automotive photography and has primarily taken a liking to light painting. My IG: @zeedakay

2017-11-13_08-10-37 by zeedakay, on Flickr


Thank you man! Just checked out your IG & i see you do a lot of studio stuff. That's really cool, i've been meaning to get some lights to do some shoots with cars. And nice with that lens you got all the focal length you need.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 10:48 PM   #25
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: nepa
Age: 35
Posts: 2,768
Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Thanks for the compliments! If by studio you mean outside then yes lol. It's been pretty challenging covering drift events with that borderline wide angle but it definitely fits the bill when I can get up close and personal. I only use one inexpensive led panel from Amazon so there not much to invest to get to get these results. As a hobby it's fun but I need to get paid so I can justify more full frame lenses $
__________________
04 S60R 6MT
IG: @zeedakay
ehhhregartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:48 PM   #26
R3b
Zilvia Junkie
 
R3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South FL
Age: 21
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Not sure what everyone shoots but I'd like some second opinions about switching bodies... (Kinda of a rant)

Tired of the hassle of film 90% of the time I shoot, I love it but after going through all the film brands and iso to try i've got my hand few I can see myself using but I never have time to develop it myself so I have rolls sitting for month or a roll in my Nikon f3HP for months also because I dont want to spray and pray a shot so I take my time and only take a picture when its the right moment.


SOOO before film I had a canon t3i, been okay for family stuff. My mom originally bought but did all automatic setting, then when I got my 240 I didnt know anyone that took good pictures so I decided to learn. I just have the regular 50 1.8, kit lens and then a 75-300mm zoom.

Now Im thinking if I should stay canon or jump ship since I want to get into more professional work, do a bit of freelance, better quality pictures and go from there. My budget is around 800-1200ish for a body. Im stuck between going Canon 6Dmk1, Nikon D750, and then going mirrorless Sony....

Canon: Already have Canon lens but honestly its not even amazing glass. The 5 year old kit lens is okay, the 50mm 1.8 is standard and can get a auto lens on any body for similar price and then the zoom is meh which is less than 80$ and never ever use it outside when me and my brother played baseball.

Debated between going back to apsc and tbh I love shooting wideangle and landscapes so full frame is the way to go plus better resolution, more picture to work with editing etc so really only full frames are 6D and 5Dmk3 thats in my budget used/new.

So 6d would be amazing for stills no doubt but even though its lighter than the 5dmk3 having a DSLR like that and doing street pics will always bring attention since its a pretty big camera. I love taking out my F3 in busy areas and just point and shoot with not feeling like im invading someone privacy. If I have my t3i its a bit more clumsy to toss around and comparing my canon lens to something tiny like my 24mm nikkor no one notices it. I already have canon lens and its basically plug and play with no issues. Video on it would be good but even though picture wise it be better in low light and noise than the 80D it doesnt have all the focusing features and other little stuff like movable screen.

Nikon: Only Nikon I can see in my budget are the D750/D610 only issues I have with nikon bodies even though I LOVE my F3HP and my 50mm 1.2 and 24mm 2.4 nikkor lens is the button layout, have a lot of issues, been reading a lot of recalls for the D750 and there is no way I can do any video that I would feel come out any better than a newer phone shooting 4k. It would awesome to use my manual nikkor lens plug and play but honestly I could by a cheap canon adapter or sony to slap it on since it doesnt need any type of electronics. I would go nikon if I did more studio and sport photography having SD card options, higher FPS etc

Sony: Sony is just a mess of things lol, way newer, sensor is just a hair better in low light, better dynamic range but wont have as amazing colors or sharpness because of a sony sensor and not having canon glass. Has an EVF which has had a lot of good things said about it, focusing on it is no question better than DSLR only issue is when its low light it likes to hunt but they fixed the focus system from the a7 to a7II along with internal stabilization so for video work its perfect and if I shoot low light I can drop my shutter down to basically 1/8 or slower with decent pictures. Video wont be as clean noise wise at similar ISO but its not far behind the 6d but iso range is a lot higher. Has a single SD card like 6d, has focus peaking which is great when I shoot manual lens adapted. Not as well built and sealed as a canon but it weights about half and would be easy to shoot street since its so small and thin.

So im leaning more Sony A7II than Canon 6D on 3 things. Video, no question the sony would hold up better and they have flat picture log mods while with canon i'd at least need to install magic latern and I went through that hole long ago. If I switch to some sony/canon lens like get an adapter if I want to shoot more 4k video I could always pick up an A6300 used dumb cheap and use it just for video work whenever I feel like it. Newer technology than the canon so its semi future proof. I feel mirrorless system camera menu layout, EVF, etc will start going trickle downing to DSLR like built in image stabilization. Last is overall image quality which is moot to some but other will argue till theyre blue. Sony sensor is just way better for low light especially since I normally shoot my local meets or go out from 4pm-1am whenever Im not working. The other thing is dynamic range. The 6d is stunning like the 5dmk3 with really low noise up higher iso but besides that, getting canon glass which I can slap on the sony easily, I dont see myself staying Canon for its out of camera colors.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:43 AM   #27
Darri
 
Darri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 37
Posts: 6
Trader Rating: (0)
Darri is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

noticed this beauty when I was on holiday in Greece. I wonder how does this babe behave in mountains? Haven't expected so many expensive cars in Greece, the number of beautiful villas for sale is impressive as well, looks like money is back to Greece. The food is quite cheap though and very tasty!
__________________
Life is like a box of chocolate...
Darri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 04:42 AM   #28
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Member
 
Jo_Galezo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: (2)
Jo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura aboutJo_Galezo has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by R3b View Post
Not sure what everyone shoots but I'd like some second opinions about switching bodies... (Kinda of a rant)



Tired of the hassle of film 90% of the time I shoot, I love it but after going through all the film brands and iso to try i've got my hand few I can see myself using but I never have time to develop it myself so I have rolls sitting for month or a roll in my Nikon f3HP for months also because I dont want to spray and pray a shot so I take my time and only take a picture when its the right moment.





SOOO before film I had a canon t3i, been okay for family stuff. My mom originally bought but did all automatic setting, then when I got my 240 I didnt know anyone that took good pictures so I decided to learn. I just have the regular 50 1.8, kit lens and then a 75-300mm zoom.



Now Im thinking if I should stay canon or jump ship since I want to get into more professional work, do a bit of freelance, better quality pictures and go from there. My budget is around 800-1200ish for a body. Im stuck between going Canon 6Dmk1, Nikon D750, and then going mirrorless Sony....



Canon: Already have Canon lens but honestly its not even amazing glass. The 5 year old kit lens is okay, the 50mm 1.8 is standard and can get a auto lens on any body for similar price and then the zoom is meh which is less than 80$ and never ever use it outside when me and my brother played baseball.



Debated between going back to apsc and tbh I love shooting wideangle and landscapes so full frame is the way to go plus better resolution, more picture to work with editing etc so really only full frames are 6D and 5Dmk3 thats in my budget used/new.



So 6d would be amazing for stills no doubt but even though its lighter than the 5dmk3 having a DSLR like that and doing street pics will always bring attention since its a pretty big camera. I love taking out my F3 in busy areas and just point and shoot with not feeling like im invading someone privacy. If I have my t3i its a bit more clumsy to toss around and comparing my canon lens to something tiny like my 24mm nikkor no one notices it. I already have canon lens and its basically plug and play with no issues. Video on it would be good but even though picture wise it be better in low light and noise than the 80D it doesnt have all the focusing features and other little stuff like movable screen.



Nikon: Only Nikon I can see in my budget are the D750/D610 only issues I have with nikon bodies even though I LOVE my F3HP and my 50mm 1.2 and 24mm 2.4 nikkor lens is the button layout, have a lot of issues, been reading a lot of recalls for the D750 and there is no way I can do any video that I would feel come out any better than a newer phone shooting 4k. It would awesome to use my manual nikkor lens plug and play but honestly I could by a cheap canon adapter or sony to slap it on since it doesnt need any type of electronics. I would go nikon if I did more studio and sport photography having SD card options, higher FPS etc



Sony: Sony is just a mess of things lol, way newer, sensor is just a hair better in low light, better dynamic range but wont have as amazing colors or sharpness because of a sony sensor and not having canon glass. Has an EVF which has had a lot of good things said about it, focusing on it is no question better than DSLR only issue is when its low light it likes to hunt but they fixed the focus system from the a7 to a7II along with internal stabilization so for video work its perfect and if I shoot low light I can drop my shutter down to basically 1/8 or slower with decent pictures. Video wont be as clean noise wise at similar ISO but its not far behind the 6d but iso range is a lot higher. Has a single SD card like 6d, has focus peaking which is great when I shoot manual lens adapted. Not as well built and sealed as a canon but it weights about half and would be easy to shoot street since its so small and thin.



So im leaning more Sony A7II than Canon 6D on 3 things. Video, no question the sony would hold up better and they have flat picture log mods while with canon i'd at least need to install magic latern and I went through that hole long ago. If I switch to some sony/canon lens like get an adapter if I want to shoot more 4k video I could always pick up an A6300 used dumb cheap and use it just for video work whenever I feel like it. Newer technology than the canon so its semi future proof. I feel mirrorless system camera menu layout, EVF, etc will start going trickle downing to DSLR like built in image stabilization. Last is overall image quality which is moot to some but other will argue till theyre blue. Sony sensor is just way better for low light especially since I normally shoot my local meets or go out from 4pm-1am whenever Im not working. The other thing is dynamic range. The 6d is stunning like the 5dmk3 with really low noise up higher iso but besides that, getting canon glass which I can slap on the sony easily, I dont see myself staying Canon for its out of camera colors.


I have the D750 & i love it. I've litterally never had a problem with it. I've shot absoloutely everything there possibly is to shoot. From huge amazing weddings, to sport photography, to car meets. It performs amazing everytime. In my college classes i use the 5dmkiii and i still would choose the nikon over that. The low light capabilities completely demolish it & honestly the video isn't bad at all. It's all on your glass, i've taken some amazing video with mine. Obviously canon is way better in video in general but the 750 holds up. What i would suggest doing is renting both of the cameras for a weekend, might cost like 50 bucks and try them out & see which one you shoot better with because they are both amazing cameras. And damn over here in nyc there is a place called colorhouse & it's a film lab and they have same day development. I just go & drop it off and pick it up later for 8$. But both adorama.com & bhphotovideo have some great prices on used cameras which is how i got mine. I deff do suggest playing around with them for a weekend before you purchase them. You can rent at borrowlenses.com


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:59 PM   #29
R3b
Zilvia Junkie
 
R3b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: South FL
Age: 21
Posts: 546
Trader Rating: (0)
R3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura aboutR3b has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I forgot BH had used items. Though on paper the nikon seems like an amazing options I dont think it fits my "need". Had a lot of though and even talking to my coworker who is a huge canon guy with 5kmk3 he said that for what I want the sony is best beat.

Both the 6D and A7ii sensor wise are amazing and huge step up for me. Only two difference in IQ canon cleaner noise on higher ISO and that natural out of camera warm tone while the sony has better dynamic range and better low light. So outside of pure pictures the difference is how Im going to use it.

-Sony all day for video over 6d
-Better for my manual lens with focus peaking in view finder
-The size and build is similar to my F3HP which is a beast for street and chugging around. Has similar look and feel so I can shot my normal "behind the scenes" shots without drawing much attention.
-I shoot a lot meets at night so that little more dynamic range along with internal stabilization will help huge in getting low iso shots and low noise shooting handheld.
-The jpg quality is actually just a tad sharper than canons which would be awesome if I do events where im running around taking as many pictures as I can
-Has eye AF which would be awesome for portrait photography on the fly.
-Once I get a canon adapter or nikon lens I could slap that on a second body for 4k. The a6300 and a7s are coming way down in price.


The only things I will missout on the canon 6d is work flow like if I shot a wedding and having to wait for the sensor or adjust stuff through menu so I might miss a good moment, battery life but tbh when I shoot I normally do all my shooting within an hour if I go somewhere special and I still have the film mentality of only hitting shutter when I need to so I will take at most 50-100 pictures at most, never done anymore. Last is ergonomics of being overly built. Kinda worried about moisture and sand getting the camera since im in florida but im never by the beach and im overly careful with things I own and everything is basically the same condition I bought it over a good amount of time. (my car is different lol)


My idea is the sony will be like an up to date Nikon SLR in size/build, I will shoot more manual lens than anything which will be better over the 6d and last is video will huge upgrade in this. Not 4k like i'd want but even the 1080p from what i've seen is just a hair better than canon along with out of the box picture profile I can color grade.
R3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 07:02 PM   #30
exitspeed
aWingThing.com
 
exitspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Age: 39
Posts: 20,346
Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I’ve shot on the 6D since the day it came out. Check out my website. It’s definitely a great camera but the focus points system is awful. I’ve missed a lot over the years because of it.

My next body will with be the 6D MK2 or the 5D MK4. The 5D is a better camera in every way, other than the touch screen, but the 6D is cheaper and still full frame.

I’m debating about going Hasselblad X1D In 2018. Lotta scratch to swallow but would be worth it since I Shoot almost all portrait work.

Just booked a trip out to LA and staying in Hollywood. Gonna bring my camera along and do some street photography. We’ll see what’s up.
__________________
What I do for a living...www.mhrussell.com
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vB.Sponsors
Copyright © 1998 - 2015, Zilvia.net™