Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
Pygmy180

Trader Rating: (0)
Pygmy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel prime no spark. Ecu??

So doing an sr swap on my 240. First problem was I wasn't getting fuel prime now I fixed that but now I'm not getting spark I checked the CAS and the timing is all good but then I took an extra look at the ecu and saw this... Are those tabs important is there a fix or no I need a whole new ecu? Where can I buy one from a trust worthy person
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (230.7 KB, 9 views)
Pygmy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2016, 03:41 AM   #2
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
unless they are stopping the plug from fully seating they are not the problem or issue.
open the ecu up, look and smell. check the plug side for pushed out pins. go through the wiring again. make friends with people, borrow an ecu. if this is your first swap you probably missed the coil pack and/or head ground.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:15 AM   #3
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
As long as the harness fits snug you should be fine
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:33 PM   #4
Pygmy180

Trader Rating: (0)
Pygmy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cotbu View Post
unless they are stopping the plug from fully seating they are not the problem or issue.
open the ecu up, look and smell. check the plug side for pushed out pins. go through the wiring again. make friends with people, borrow an ecu. if this is your first swap you probably missed the coil pack and/or head ground.
Thanks for the reply I'll check the ground again on the coil packs, and make sure my harness is as snug as possible. my brother has an ecu for his black top s13 sr20 I have red top. Is it safe to try his?
Pygmy180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:09 AM   #5
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If he has an e5 or e6, should work fine, but definitely if you're just verifying spark.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote