Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Eastern States

South Eastern States Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #1
Bullitt_180sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Bullitt_180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What's the cheapest/best way to ship a front clip???

Hey guys, I'm buying a front clip from California from a private seller this week and I need to figure out the best way to have it shipped to me. I'm trying not to spend too much but still have decently safe shipping. Any help from anyone that has done this before is very helpful.
Bullitt_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
a fuzzychnchila
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (14)
a fuzzychnchila is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Get a quote from Greyhound... they tend to be cheap on big items...
a fuzzychnchila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #3
Bullitt_180sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
Bullitt_180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I believe it's too big for greyhound to ship.
Bullitt_180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
TruckingDeals

Trader Rating: (0)
TruckingDeals is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I was directed to this forum because a question about shipping was asked. If this is against forum rules. please just delete my answer and accept my apologies. I ship items for people like you all over the country all day long and have for over 15 years. Whether you are shipping one small piece (like a clip), one pallet, 10 pallets or a huge piece of equipment, I know the best way to do it as well as the cheapest way to do it. The cheapest way you WANT to do it, anyway. In my opinion, you need to have very little handling on this clip. That means a truck driver to accept it, put it in the back of his trailer, secure it and not move it until it gets to the destination. You can do this across the country for cheaper than you might think. You can also put this in a crate (build one) and talk to a guy like me who gets huge discounts with the large common carriers like Estes, Vitran, YRC, Southeastern and others (I am an agent for over 24 of these) and ship it with them a little cheaper than putting it on an independent like I described above. Building a crate is the PITA and you may or may not want to mess with that. But, don't DARE ship it this way unless it's crated. I can tell you some horror stories if you like. Air is too expensive and you have some of the same problems as with a common carrier. Always remember, the cheapest way is not always the best way. You do not want damage. Cheaper may mean guaranteed damage. Again, I can tell you the stories if you want. The two best methods are the ones above. Feel free to contact me if you would like me to help. You can google me, too. I'm all over the internet. Thanks for letting me in. I hope this truly helps. I can help anybody with ANY shipping question. Thanks again! Walker Price/TruckingDeals
TruckingDeals is offline   Reply With Quote