Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-03-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
Cesar14

Trader Rating: (0)
Cesar14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Adjusting front camber

What up guys so recently i messed around with the front camber plates because they were not at the same spec, i dialed them to be the same but when i lowered the car back on its wheels one wheel still had more camber than the other. i lifted it back up rechecked everything made sure there was no damage to the coilover (k-Sport) and made sure camber plates were the same. I set the plates to be as far negative as they would go just to compare, brought the car back down and the driver side wheel had the amount of camber i had set it to but the driver side wheel barely had any if any negative camber. Any idea on what may be the issue? also made sure no arms were damaged and everything looks fine
Cesar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2016, 02:14 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
sounds like something is bent. jack the car up, and remove the bolt that attaches the LCA to the subframe, and inspect the hole in the subframe where the bolt goes through. I've seen these get rounded out and elongated. This would account for MINOR camber adjustment, not much though.

is this s13? s14?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #3
Cesar14

Cesar14 is an unknown quantity at this point
aright sounds good ill check that out when i get home from work, im going to get it alinged this week but dont want to take it in until i resolve whats causing this. as far as anything being bent, a damaged inner or outter tie rod wouldn't cause this right?

and is an s13
Cesar14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesar14 View Post
aright sounds good ill check that out when i get home from work, im going to get it alinged this week but dont want to take it in until i resolve whats causing this. as far as anything being bent, a damaged inner or outter tie rod wouldn't cause this right?

and is an s13
tie rods control toe. they would not affect camber.
a bent LCA would affect camber, but its usually fairly easy to see when one of those is bent.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 03:53 PM   #5
zach3904

zach3904 is an unknown quantity at this point
The holes where the bolts go through the shock body and knuckle usually have some play. On each side, maybe try loosening those, push the assembly towards the inside of the car and tighten the bolts. See if that changes anything.
zach3904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 08:13 AM   #6
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach3904 View Post
The holes where the bolts go through the shock body and knuckle usually have some play. On each side, maybe try loosening those, push the assembly towards the inside of the car and tighten the bolts. See if that changes anything.
This. The upper bolts can make a difference. I like to slam them in (think more camber) and use the plates afterwards.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote