Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
kassed33
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
kassed33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SR No Start Wiring HELP!

I have a 95 240sx with an S14 SR20det. I pulled to motor to have it rebuilt. Everything worked just fine when i took it out but forgot where some stuff went. Now the car wont start with the key, only if i jump the starter and it starts up fine. I'm 90% sure its because of a wire that is just hanging and not connected to anything but im not sure what it goes too. Both wires are connected to the starter! And this "mystery wire isn't a ground even though it looks like one because when i ground it and try to start the car it blows the 30a IGN fusable line in the fuse box under the hood. It is the Black and Yellow wire coming out of the 3 wire middle connector plug underneath the fuse box in the engine bay. The other 2 wires are both Yellow & Blue i think. Please help this one wire is keeping my car off the road. To the best of my knowledge anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wire.jpg (491.7 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-15-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
godsmack
Zilvia Addict

godsmack is an unknown quantity at this point
That big black/yellow I do believe is your main ign/start signal. I could be wrong and I don't have the fsm in front of me at this time to be 100% certain. But it is in that circuit.
godsmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
kassed33
Leaky Injector

kassed33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea your right I just figured that out. I had a small green and yellow wire with a rubber boot over the connector going to the starter instead. That small green and yellow comes off the same plug as the black one. So where does the green and yellow connect too?