Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 09-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
jscherf92
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
jscherf92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
DOHC Eng Bay Harness, SOHC Shell, SR20 Motor WIRING

Hey guys I just wanted to see if anyone could give me some insight into what to expect with my situation. I have a 1990 240sx with an sr20 blacktop swapped in so the engine harness is already converted with a dash connector, ecu, etc. But after a failed wire tuck I had to buy another engine bay harness. Based on my research I believe it to be a DOHC engine bay harness because the two plugs on the passenger side are different than my sohc harness.

I have read a few of the DOHC into SOHC swap articles and most people say to just cut the plugs off of the dohc harness and swap them out so it plugs up to the sohc chassis wiring with leftover wires. However I have also read that this will not allow you to use a consult port. If I have a consult port pigtail and just wire it up to the SR20 engine harness from the ecu, I should be able to use it right? If I understand the wiring, Ill basically have the DOHC harness sending signals to the gauge cluster and headlights, turn signals, etc.

Are there any other problems I might run into along the way using the different harness? Perhaps the plugs from the engine harness to the engine bay harness by the fuse box? Please let me know if you have any info, ill look over a few more articles before I start cutting, the last thing I need are a pair of hacked up engine bay harnesses. Thanks.
jscherf92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links