Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-03-2009, 01:56 AM   #1
handinpants
FreshColdBeer.com

Trader Rating: (48)
handinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud ofhandinpants has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to handinpants
how loud is 140db?

I was trolling through the jc whitney online site for something, and came across this
Garage Pro Paralyzing 140db Siren : JC Whitney: Auto Parts & Accessories
which is a 140 db siren, you can replace your current alarm siren with.

how loud is that.... i already have a loud alarm, but i want to wakeup the apt complex next door too.

handinpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2009, 01:59 AM   #2
xkamikazestormx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
xkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfectionxkamikazestormx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
140dB is LOUD
xkamikazestormx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:59 AM   #3
s13silady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
s13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfections13silady is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
fuck it... its for a good cause. if its louder than your current one, then go for it.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
codunc
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
codunc is making a name for him/her selfcodunc is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
according to google 140db is equivalent to a jet engine at from 100ft
codunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:34 AM   #5
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Loud as fuck. lol

Make sure you mount it inside the cabin of the car to make it most effective at scaring thieves away.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 AM   #6
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
Buy 2. One under neat the hood and one inside the dash for the cabin and stash it so its hard to get to.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:37 AM   #7
dynamicck
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to beholddynamicck is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Dont waste your money on that. Even though it's loud, they can snip the wires, and it shuts it off.

Buy a self-charging backup siren. A siren that is constantly charging, and when power or wires are cut, it will continue to go off. Only way to disarm it is through a key, or bash the living hell out of it. By that time, it's too late.

DEI makes one, and SPAL USA used to make one. I have the SPAL one, and it's fu*king loud.
dynamicck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:40 AM   #8
Rnz520
Zilvia Junkie

Rnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud ofRnz520 has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Rnz520
140db is insanely loud, like, you can go deaf loud.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:08 AM   #9
boske
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
boske is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
"Note: It is so loud, we recommend using ear protection when testing or installing."

If you pick up one of these make sure you let us know what you think. If my 240 ever makes it out of the garage it will be getting an alarm. My daily driver just got robbed in front of my house.
boske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:07 AM   #10
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I believe every 10 db is twice as loud. So say car audio competitions get up to 120, 140 is ^3 that
Old 02-03-2009, 07:08 AM   #11
wheresthaboost?
Zilvia Member

wheresthaboost? is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah that's retardedly loud. I'm pretty sure 120 db is where you start to feel pain so 140 would probably make you deaf..

RB25DET S13
wheresthaboost? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:45 AM   #12
ProjNightshade
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
ProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enoughProjNightshade will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This will give you a bit of an idea. 140 dB can cause permanent damage with even the shortest exposure. So just look for the guy with bleeding ears. There are slight differences between scales depending on who you talk to. OSHA is on the conservative side. Just google decibel scale. I got this info in like 10 sec.

ProjNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #13
Teknolust72
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (40)
Teknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to beholdTeknolust72 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 40 reviews
You live in L.A., right?

You have to be careful because LAPD will give citations for alarms that are always going off and/or excessively loud.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:24 PM   #14
ZilviaKid
Zilvia FREAK!

ZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the roughZilviaKid is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98koukile View Post
I believe every 10 db is twice as loud. So say car audio competitions get up to 120, 140 is ^3 that
its actually 2x as loud every 4 decibels.

formula one cars are 117 DB's, so this would be 6 times louder then..
Old 02-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
wannabdr1ftr
Zilvia Junkie

wannabdr1ftr is an unknown quantity at this point
that would LOUD..do it and then make a video of it
wannabdr1ftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:06 PM   #16
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Loud enough to easily damage your hearing and cause irreversible damage.

I'd rather spend the money on better anti-theft than a lil noise maker.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #17
JoHn E
Leaky Injector

JoHn E is an unknown quantity at this point
i think most exhausts are liek 95 ? lol
JoHn E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #18
murda-c
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
murda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfectionmurda-c is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to murda-c Send a message via MSN to murda-c
I've set alarms off in cars i was getting into accidentally enough times that i know i don't want an alarm that can injure me.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #19
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute0100 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
^I was going to say the same thing. You could seriously go deaf just by accidentally setting off your own alarm. Fuck that.

TougeHero.com l SilviaV8forums.com
0100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #20
wow-thats-a-cool-car
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
wow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfectionwow-thats-a-cool-car is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wow-thats-a-cool-car
hell if you want something super loud just go balls out and buy a legit train horn
Old 02-03-2009, 04:57 PM   #21
eastcoastS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
eastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfectioneastcoastS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eastcoastS14
better hope you dont lose ur remote
eastcoastS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:47 PM   #22
C. Senor
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
C. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfectionC. Senor is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to C. Senor
that is really loud. at 128 db's i was able to make people continue to have ringing in their ears up for up to 15 minutes. that was after say a 10 second exposure, if that.

C. Senor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #23
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
That would be dope if you could wire that to an angle sensor so that shit screams if someone tries to tow the car away....is that possible? I know nothing about that kind of stuff.
Mangudai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #24
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Senor View Post
that is really loud. at 128 db's i was able to make people continue to have ringing in their ears up for up to 15 minutes. that was after say a 10 second exposure, if that.
Ah constant ringing in a persons ear even for just 15 minutes means you permanently damaged your ears. I would not brag about something like that. If someone you knew was exposed to that and had damage they could sue you for it. Being as people are completely sue happy these days and there are ambulance chasing lawyers that would not hesitate to take the case.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:55 PM   #25
HPballer76
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
HPballer76 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
140 is pretty loud. but its not just the loudness its the frequency that gets you. the sub in my truck is louder than 140 but it does it around 45hz as appose to the higher pitch the alarm will have.
HPballer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:27 PM   #26
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
What if someone accidentally touches your car and it blows out your windows, haha
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:34 PM   #27
MisawaJason
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
MisawaJason is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
It's going to make your ears tingle. Trust me, does not feel good. I've been on taxiways about 200' away from F-16's taking off at full burner and it sucks
MisawaJason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:12 AM   #28
boske
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
boske is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I don't think it is very helpful comparing things that aren't the same frequency. The website says it can be heard for almost a mile a way, I don't think most alarms will carry that far, probably not even a half mile.
boske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 07:41 AM   #29
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
140db at close range will make your ears bleed.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #30
ripnbst
Zilvia Addict

ripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her selfripnbst is making a name for him/her self
Hell, I might buy one just so it goes off accidentally while installing it and causes permanent damage to my hearing. Then I can sue J.C. Whitney for distributing such a product as a car alarm and then sue the manufacturer.

Seriously though I would bet this is illegal in some states, esp in Cali. There's got to be a law against making a kid trying to get his baseball under your car go deaf.