Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-25-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Wild Jaguar

Trader Rating: (0)
Wild Jaguar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need help with SR20!! 1 coil pack working the rest don't

SO I took my 240 to a japanese auto repair shop today and they had no idea what a sr20det was and had no info on it lol but they did the best they could and found out that only one of my coilpacks is getting any power and the rest don't.. anyways because of this I can't even go up hills.. also my battery is always being drained I thought it was the stock alternator but I swaped it out with the original engine's that I had the ka24e's alternator and it still is being drained.. I swap the engine out with my dad and hooked everything up myself so that is probably why I'm having a bad time also I moved the battery to the trunk because it wont fit because of the intercooler.. also my igniter chip gets hot as hell. I've tried searching for an answer to fix the coilpack problem but all I get is either wrong ecu which I doubt because I have a e5 which came with my blacktop or the wiring is wrong which might be it or it could be the igniter chip lol probably why it gets soo damn hot. plzzz help me!! I will even have it towed to a local shop if they can fix everything.
Wild Jaguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Did it ever run normal before in the past?

If not, you may need the J4 ecu (not the E5/62) that will cause 1 cylinder to spark only.

If it was running fine, then suddenly stopped, it could be the ECU or IGNITER needs replacement. Or a wiring problem, where something got fried up / melted.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:25 PM   #3
Wild Jaguar

Thanks for the info and quick reply, but ever since the swap nothing has been normal lol I had no idea about the igniter chip because I thought the engine would come with everything it needed but I learned the hard way. Why would the engine come with an e5 ecu if it needs a j4 ecu? Sorry for ranting. I should try the j4 ecu though. Any idea why my battery is not recharging? I think I need to ground the engine itself but what would that have to do with the battery? Would an aftermarket ecu be ok to use? I know that enjuku tunes ecus do you think that would help, everythings all stock though except for the intercooler but I plan on swapping alot more stuff later but right now its pretty much bone stock.
Old 08-26-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
Nismo1182

Trader Rating: (4)
Nismo1182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If you didnt get an ignitor chip with the swap then chances are the ecu you got with it is not the correct one for that harness or vice versa.

If the car did not run right after the swap was completed then something is definitely wrong. Who did the harness conversion?
Old 08-27-2014, 02:46 AM   #5
Wild Jaguar

Damn it lol I did the harness conversion myself.. I will try the j4 ecu hopefully it will work. I need to get a new harness though because mines cracked at the ecu plug and I cut some of the wrong wires lol thanks for the help.
Old 08-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #6
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Slow down.

1. Did the car ever run on more than 1 cylinder at any time.

you never really answered this. If it did, a J4 wont fix SH!T
Old 08-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #7
Wild Jaguar

No it's always ran like crap and I was going to buy a j4 from some guy but he said that my coilpack harness might be fried. Anyone know how to fix this?
Old 10-15-2014, 06:04 AM   #8
Wild Jaguar

It was just the ecu.. anyone looking for a e5?