Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-13-2011, 04:53 PM   #31
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ESmorz

I drove one of these in high school. Ripped out all the back seats and covered the floor with foam and blankets, made ditching class a lot more fun. It was also pretty kick ass for hauling around my drums.

It was a sad day when the transmission gave out.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:58 PM   #32
ThatGuy
Admin Asshole

Trader Rating: (0)
ThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfectionThatGuy is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can't have a Van thread without THE Van in it.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:17 PM   #33
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedS13 View Post
but yes, vans are rad.
Fuck yeah. Make sure to keep some soccer ball nets in the back, mom. Or children?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #34
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I support this thread.

I have always had respect for vans, but i went on a two month long search for a van after seeing the van Frank Black drove in School of Rock. fucking rad.

also, volkswagen buses are vans right? I don't care if you're not into the rusted look, this thing is bad.

also, this is a great quote that i wish wasn't so true:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
The less you need something, the cooler it usually is.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #35
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
lmaooooo

True story. About two weeks ago we fucked behind a church at night, while cars occassionally went by. Asked her what she did with the condom 'threw it in the yard' ha ha, I would have at least threw it away. Did I mention this was all on the blanket my grandma made for me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam s View Post
I drove this in HS:

Needless to say, I got very little pussy.
That's funny, pussy is the first thing I think of when I see a fine cargo hauler such as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokotas13 View Post
because it is EXTREMELY expensive to lift a van
And putting 45 grand in to a truck that gets 5 mpg while you make 10 bucks an hour is what people who are concerned about wise financial choices do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
After this thread, I sense vans will be the next bandwagon after the toyota cressida =)
While you're right I create trends, vans are always cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvia View Post
Always wanted a VW bus just like this one

Love that classic look but not those colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post

Those things are tiny compared to these real man vans we're looking at, come on son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead55 View Post
I have always had respect for vans, but i went on a two month long search for a van after seeing the van Frank Black drove in School of Rock. fucking rad.

also, volkswagen buses are vans right? I don't care if you're not into the rusted look, this thing is bad.

I loved that one, smoke rolling and Led cranking sealed the deal. What was it?

Totally in to that, older VW stuff is the only reason I ever get on the tex. One by me just went up for sale, 2500 and it's condition is about halfway in between those two. Doesn't seem too bad, it's obo.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:51 PM   #36
thrax
Leaky Injector

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
I never thought much of vans but several years back i went on a camping trip with a bunch of friends and one of them had access to a xlarge full size van. There was so much free space after loading our gear that my friend threw in a couch. It was pretty funny sitting in the wilderness on a couch. Seemed kinda surreal but was only possible with a van!
thrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:13 PM   #37
ESmorz
Post Whore!

ESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfectionESmorz is close to perfection
Quote:
Those things are tiny compared to these real man vans we're looking at, come on son.
It may have been small, but it was mighty and I used to average about 25mpg driving like a grandma because I usually bought gas with quarters.

Tons of fun with the kick pedal emergency brake too. My driving it like a jack ass probably killed it a lot sooner than it would have succumbed to natural causes.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 PM   #38
s13silvia123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
s13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfections13silvia123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

s13silvia123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:29 PM   #39
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESmorz View Post
It may have been small, but it was mighty and I used to average about 25mpg driving like a grandma because I usually bought gas with quarters.

Tons of fun with the kick pedal emergency brake too. My driving it like a jack ass probably killed it a lot sooner than it would have succumbed to natural causes.

Shit, 25 mpg, you should have said something sooner.

Honestly, it's been ten years since I was in my buddies moms that was just like that, same color. Is there enough space to make sexy time?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:57 PM   #40
ESmorz
Post Whore!

Quote:
Shit, 25 mpg, you should have said something sooner.

Honestly, it's been ten years since I was in my buddies moms that was just like that, same color. Is there enough space to make sexy time?
Ample room for much fucking, in various positions even.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #41
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DOOR_LIFE View Post
fucking double post.

japanese style.

very popular.
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:09 AM   #42
karl wasabi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (41)
karl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfectionkarl wasabi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to karl wasabi
Here's my van. I used to use it for hauling around parts and when my 240 was down. haha.

karl wasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:01 PM   #43
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
nice timing. Just last week I stumbled across a site devoted to the old custom vans that were ever so popular in the 70's.

No One Rides For Free

some samples below:

Old 09-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #44
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
old 70's vans are cool. well at least the paint jobs are cool

VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:41 PM   #45
SaNTi
Zilvia Addict

SaNTi is an unknown quantity at this point
That Dodge van up there is awesome.

SaNTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #46
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I just bought a van, 1995 toyota previa supercharged.

I love it

Old 02-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #47
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
You can't have a Van thread without THE Van in it.
I was thinking -

Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #48
omgRWDgoodness!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (48)
omgRWDgoodness! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 48 reviews

/thread.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #49
TougeLove
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
TougeLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
at first i thought you meant

then i saw this

now im like

i do like vans though. I would want the mercedes diesel van. Thing is pretty pimp. (edit) this is technically a transporter vehicle, but i dont care if you dont
TougeLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:32 AM   #50
rcdad123
Zilvia Addict

rcdad123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperTek View Post
lol at those 5 mile per gallon oldass domestic vans

After this thread, I sense vans will be the next bandwagon after the toyota cressida =)

id rock a previa though

this is cool http://www.cardomain.com/ride/460805/1993-mazda-mpv
hell yeah. i got a previa on 17 inch chrome lexus is 300 wheels. lowered the rear so that its level. if i take out the middle seat, i can haul 7 bicycles in it. we also sleep in it when we go camping. sucks on gas though, 17 mpg street and 20 mpg freeway.
rcdad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #51
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to ONYX S-13 Send a message via MSN to ONYX S-13
Saw this on craigslist. I was tempted but my wife would kill me. Pretty funny ad though

-1989 Voyager 2.5 turbo 5 speed (555) manual minivan.
-obx limited slip 2 wheel fwd, installed and improved by Cliff Ramsdell
-lightweight ~2900lbs in current state. More details follow, but custom fiberglass front bumper, plastic interior and under-dash removed. Lightweight battery, A/C + heat removed. Factory carpet removed, with lightweight matching carpet in place
-Interior plastic panels rear of the front seats have been removed, but sheetmetal side panels riveted on and painted to match interior. Massive storage and increased payload, as it is essentially stripped out on the interior other than the front seats. Great as a parts car/home improvement/etc.
-ability to move 8 people when needed. Both rear seats included, in great shape with seatbelts.
-average fuel economy gets 28 mpg mixed city/hwy
-roughly 300whp/over 300wtq
-low radar signal, ie cops don't pull over an appliance.
-low cost of parts/maint.
-you cannot lose a race. Sure someone could smoke ya, but they could never brag to their friends. "oh hey I smoked a $#!tty minivan on the way over here."
but when you win the loser HAS to sell his car. Seriously, could you live with your elise/boxter/350z/s2000/rx7 once you got smoked by a $#!tty minivan?
-20 psi boost on the street daily for the last 7 years.
-DAD racing seats(generic Sparco Torino II's) in the front

Powertrain: Factory 2.5 with balance shafts removed and oil port blocked, (See extras below: also have a forged internal motor, with big valve head, and 88tbi cam, ARP head studs, needs a new bearing) . A555 trans built by Cliff Ramsdell, with obx lsd modified for reliability and installed by Cliff, new shift cables. ECU reprogrammed by turbos Unleashed stage 4, 3 bar MAP, Turbos Unleashed cast iron header manifold, 3" swingvalve, 3" side exit exhaust, gutted cat, with Dynomax Ultraflow straight through no loss muffler (truck sized so nice and quiet), t3/t4 hybrid 50 trim turbo (cold side powdercoated black for stealth), Powerstroke diesel intercooler (the big one) with synapse BOV, Mallory ignition with Aurora plug wires. Have always run synthetic and high quality filters.

Fuel: walboro 255, increased size feed, and return, rising rate fuel pressure reg in factory location, +20 fuel injectors currently, (+40's also avail).

Body: Sanded through factory peeling clearcoat, removed emblems, shaved/welded antenna + hood emblem+rear hatch holes, shaved, and smoothed roof rack, catalyzed primer, rolled on grey enamel (with UV) finish (could be smoothed more have more of the enamel). Powdercoated satin black door handles and lock cylinders. Satin painted wipers, front grill, and headlight bezels. Pizza cutter wheels also satin black with relatively new 225/60/15 Kumho performance tires, satin black bumpers with front bumper and braces custom molded in fiberglass. HID non projector headlights, Battery relocated to fore of passenger tire. Installed lawn mower battery for last 6 years (replaced 1x for $25). Medium tint on all windows but windshield. HID headlights in standard housings IIRC the color temp is 8k.

Interior: Factory gauge cluster with tach! Integrated boost gauge and AFR gauges to look factory. Jeep CD/tuner headunit works great, with hidden antenna and all 4 factory speakers work well. Underdash LED lighting strip. Doors have been modified to remove the factory crank system and replaced with race-style straps. Interior plastics and headliner have been removed and replaced with painted/riveted sheetmetal. DAD reclining racing seats are comfortable and not torn. Factory carpet removed and replaced with lighter matching carpet, dynamat sound deadening under front seats. Eagle talon steering wheel.

Gen/Maint:
Most every general maintenance thing that can be replaced on this van has been replaced, possibly even twice. Off the top of my head that includes tires, brakes (F+R), ignition switch, relays, doors, waterpump(s), Motor mounts are all the hi performance urethane ones, axles, bearings, mirrors, windshield, motor, oil pump, brakes, battery, etc.

Available Extras:
- FWD performance forged internal motor, with big valve head, and 88tbi cam, ARP head studs, spun a bearing otherwise in great shape with no miles.
- extra camshafts, one performance grind and another 89 turbo factory cam, various spare sensors, window brackets, ignition coil, plug wires, etc.
-+40 fuel injectors run for a couple thousand miles, then swapped out when I went with the adj. fuel pressure regulator.

Bad: No BS, anything I can even think of will be in here, no surprises for the buyer:
-trans works great for all forward gears, but some clumsy test drive shifting made reverse clunk notably.
-turbo drain hose started leaking some oil. Likely needs replacement or tightening
-paint looks good from 10 ft, but closer shows it was rolled on, could be massaged, but wears well and looks good enough for me.
-Slider door lock sticks, and sometimes won't lock/unlock.
I have owned this van for 8 years, but I have too many cars, one has to go. Therefore not interested in trade

Turbo Minivan! 89 Voyager turbo, 5 speed Manual - Sleeper
ONYX S-13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #52
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
^^^ that thing is baaaaaaaaad. Lol would you brag to your friends you just beat a Shitty minivan?

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #53
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

ONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to allONYX S-13 is a name known to all
I like the part that says "cops don't pull over an appliance."

Ha ha ha
Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #54
Neon_rain519
Zilvia Member

Neon_rain519 is an unknown quantity at this point
2jz hiace - YouTube 2Jz non sense

Neon_rain519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #55
ONYX S-13
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_rain519 View Post
2jz hiace - YouTube 2Jz non sense
Dang!

Go go gadget smoke screen!
Old 03-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #56
turbobrick
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
turbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the roughturbobrick is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Its nothing fancy, but here's our van. Its a 94 caravan that my parents bought new, and its pretty much mine now. Makes a great road trip/parts hauler vehicle.

turbobrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:06 PM   #57
terrence
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
terrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymoreterrence is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just bought this piece:

terrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:17 PM   #58
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Nice bump of a funny thread. Never really considered getting anything remotely like a van until I saw Spring Thomas get smashed in the back of an Honda Element. The want became quite high at that point.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:32 PM   #59
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
^Toyota vans are the shit.

I miss my Previa S/C dearly...

So fun to bomb around in a supercharged mid-engine rear wheel drive van. I built out the interior and took it to a festival and camped out in it.

It was all cool till the wheel bearing exploded and half-axle broke loose at 70 MPH.

RIP Previa TCR10

LOL, mayeb I should make a build thread for it
Old 03-19-2015, 06:44 PM   #60
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^ uh yes!!!!
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote