Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-28-2013, 06:11 PM   #1
sr20s14koukikid

Trader Rating: (0)
sr20s14koukikid is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s14 need help asap . battery and brake light wont go off on girlfriends ka24de!!!!

i need some help quick if anybody knows id really like some info on the topic.

problem is that my girlfriends zenki's brake light and battery light wont go off.
i know that that could possibly mean a bad alternator but i pulled it off and got it checked out as well as the battery and they both passed the tests at auto zone now that only leaves me with wiring but i cant seem to get them to turn off permanently they will go off sometimes but they will always come back on. im tired of messing with it and i cant seem to get it to work right i know that its most likely not giving enough voltage to the battery when the car is on because when the brake lights are tapped they glow stronger it does this with anything that requires power in the car, lights, brakes, turn signals, a/c and to top it all off the stereo went out it wont even come on at all. we bought the car in Austin and drove it to San Antonio then back to Austin the next day fine with no issues we went to wek-fest and came back home to eagle pass just fine with no problems in total maybe a 12 hour drive from s.a. to Austin and back home. about a week after we got home all these symptoms started showing as well as a weak crank the car will turn on but the lights are majorly affecting it, i need to get it running soon. any help will be appreciated.
sr20s14koukikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
rcdad123
Zilvia Addict

rcdad123 is an unknown quantity at this point
check the battery voltage with the ignition off. then check again while the engine is running. it should be around 13.8 volts when engine is running. if its the same or lower than with the ignition off, alternator is not working or you have a blown fuse or a broken wire. as far as the brake light warning, check the brake fluid or the e brake switch.
rcdad123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
sr20s14koukikid

The brake light comes off at the same time as the battery light whenever it seems to be getting enough voltage. I have never had one or the other turn on individually everyone they appear its together at the same time. Il make sure and test the alternator how you instructed but I don't think the brake switch is broken or its missing fluid. But il give that a check as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #4
Robby90
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Robby90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had a similar issue in my single cam hatch, turned out to be my alternator fuse.
75A, try a known working one.

Posted from Zilvia.net App for Android
Robby90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
AutechKouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (43)
AutechKouki has a spectacular aura aboutAutechKouki has a spectacular aura aboutAutechKouki has a spectacular aura aboutAutechKouki has a spectacular aura aboutAutechKouki has a spectacular aura aboutAutechKouki has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 43 reviews
Make sure all connections are tight. This happened to me when wiring became a little loose, and corrosion started to cause resistance. I cleaned and tightened and problem never came back. Make sure grounds are good too.
AutechKouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
wangan_cruiser
kouki man

Trader Rating: (36)
wangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfectionwangan_cruiser is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wangan_cruiser
Alt and battery light on is an indication of bad alternator.

Check the wiring
Check fuse
Check ground
Check voltage when your car is idling should be no lower than 12v. Healthy alt should give an average of 13v-14v
wangan_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
sr20s14koukikid

Il be sure to try regrounding the wires and cleaning the dirty ones. As far as the fuse its good. But no luck yet

Old 02-02-2013, 01:40 PM   #8
sr20s14koukikid

Problem solved. Was a hidden pigtail that was fried. Battery wasn't getting charge from the alternator

Old 12-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
Drift_86
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (60)
Drift_86 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 60 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20s14koukikid View Post
Problem solved. Was a hidden pigtail that was fried. Battery wasn't getting charge from the alternator

Hey I'm having the exact same problem where is that hidden pigtail you are talking about?

Want to roll fenders, custom gauge pod pm me
Drift_86 is offline   Reply With Quote