Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-04-2016, 06:16 PM   #1
duncan351
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
duncan351 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to duncan351
KA 843whp @40psi KA-T

Not a bad day at the dyno today.
I stopped at 843 when I blew the weld on my intake manifold. You won't see the 843 graph because I forgot to clamp the dyno pick up signal after regapping the spark plugs but the dyno still recorded the pull. Still more left in the motor but I'm gonna leave it right there after repairing the weld on the intake. I honestly didn't even get a chance to advance timing either.

ERU performance (Engines R Us) long block with custom ERU Pistons made by Wiesco
ported head
BC STG 3 cams
JWT Cam gears
11mm L19 head studs
6766 twin scroll turbo
Fuel Injector Development 2000cc injectors
ECU Master Standalone flex fuel setup for sequential injection and ignition
Twin Walboro 450 fuel pumps
ATI Dampener
Kenne Bell Boost a Spark
OS Giken Triple disc
Z32 tranny
Stock water pump, a/c, & power steering

Here is the dyno video:
https://youtu.be/DYO3tYf8fkc

Here is what the intake looked like after that pull.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
As your sig says, anyone can make power, but apparently it only lasts a 843hp dyno run... lol

Needs more in depth information on this vehicle, this is kind of bland info.

There may be more left in that engine but that turbo is generally only rated for mid 900's

Anyway, I do enjoy seeing another KA being utilized
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #3
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Koukiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow nice nice numbers on a KA. I'm heavily consiering running ECU Masters on my next build.
Koukiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
duncan351
Zilvia Member

What more in dept info are you looking for sir?
Old 12-05-2016, 07:40 AM   #5
Frank_Jaeger
Zilvia FREAK!

Frank_Jaeger is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan351 View Post
Not a bad day at the dyno today.
I stopped at 843 when I blew the weld on my intake manifold.
Real life Fast and Furious!
Frank_Jaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 07:58 AM   #6
duncan351
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Jaeger View Post
Real life Fast and Furious!
I have caught Soooo much grief over the dam welds braking on the intake

Its fixed now and I'm very happy with the numbers. I will retune the car again some day in the high boost area and see what I can really squeeze out of this motor. I currently have almost 5K miles and motor is doing great.
Old 12-05-2016, 08:22 AM   #7
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just get a danger sticker, slap it on the manifold, and run with it.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:33 AM   #8
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Impressive, Glad to see you're still in the game doing big things. how much power are you shooting for after you fix the intake?

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:03 AM   #9
duncan351
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo2nr View Post
Impressive, Glad to see you're still in the game doing big things. how much power are you shooting for after you fix the intake?
Intake is fixed and I'm just driving the car enjoying myself with it. I was at mid 500's for 5+ years. Its a total different world driving at 700 daily. I will do it eventually but to be honest it has been a drain on the bank account to get the car to this point reliably. I took the car on a 5 hour trip out of town and beat the piss out of then drove back 5 hours last week with no issues. So 843 is good for now. I will try to break 900 mark one of these days but with Eagle rods I'm a little concerned. There are so many misunderstandings and misinformation on E-85 it is not even funny. Man be very careful who you listen to and what you read. None of it was correct for my setup however I will say I am 10.5:1 compression so I'm closer to the edge of the E-85 fuel but wouldn't trade it for the world. The torque is great and the response is awesome even with my intake.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:20 AM   #10
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Very impressive that's for sure. Cheers
Old 12-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #11
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Can we see a full dyno graph?? The video unfortunately showed a very low quality image without the RPM plot.

Great work BTW!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:21 AM   #12
duncan351
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Can we see a full dyno graph?? The video unfortunately showed a very low quality image without the RPM plot.

Great work BTW!
I forgot to clamp the dyno pick up signal to the coil pack wire after regapping the spark plugs but the dyno still recorded the pull. Here is a dyno pull at 33psi which made 761whp.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:06 PM   #13
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Intake is fixed and I'm just driving the car enjoying myself with it. I was at mid 500's for 5+ years. Its a total different world driving at 700 daily. I will do it eventually but to be honest it has been a drain on the bank account to get the car to this point reliably. I took the car on a 5 hour trip out of town and beat the piss out of then drove back 5 hours last week with no issues. So 843 is good for now. I will try to break 900 mark one of these days but with Eagle rods I'm a little concerned. There are so many misunderstandings and misinformation on E-85 it is not even funny. Man be very careful who you listen to and what you read. None of it was correct for my setup however I will say I am 10.5:1 compression so I'm closer to the edge of the E-85 fuel but wouldn't trade it for the world. The torque is great and the response is awesome even with my intake.
Why do you say 10.5:1 is bad for your setup? Obviously its a compression that needs to be ran with e-85/Race gas for high boost but other than that it should be great all around
Old 12-05-2016, 01:09 PM   #14
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Okay Dunc, good to see you on zilvia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koukiii View Post
Why do you say 10.5:1 is bad for your setup? Obviously its a compression that needs to be ran with e-85/Race gas for high boost but other than that it should be great all around
I'm guessing because cylinder pressures and his continued head light issues?
Old 12-05-2016, 01:43 PM   #15
duncan351
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
Okay Dunc, good to see you on zilvia.

I'm guessing because cylinder pressures and his continued head light issues?
yea, its really the cylinder pressures and adjusting the timing properly. I finally cured my head lifting issues by using washer inserts. But I detonate on E70 fuel compared to E80 and higher. I have heard so many posts and people say " I run the same boost and timing regardless. It doesn't matter." Maybe because they are all low compression motors. I can only speculate. But for my high compression motor. I had to pull 5* timing out of the motor to keep it from knocking and even then I just stopped at 23psi. Don't feel comfortable trying to push the motor any more on such crappy fuel. Once the summer blend is back. I have no issues with knock. All honesty if I had to do it all over I would have gone 9.5:1. Gives you cushion for knock thresh hold.

Last edited by duncan351; 12-19-2016 at 05:21 PM..
duncan351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #16
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Looks like you're making power all the way to 7500rpms which is pretty impressive for a KA. Are there any other mods that you didn't list that helped you accomplish this? Are you still using the stock crank?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 05:52 AM   #17
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
good power here man.
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:11 AM   #18
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
Looks like you're making power all the way to 7500rpms which is pretty impressive for a KA. Are there any other mods that you didn't list that helped you accomplish this? Are you still using the stock crank?
It's not really that uncommon even without the ATI damper (which is common for going passed 7500. Big cams, big revs.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:53 AM   #19
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
It's not really that uncommon even without the ATI damper (which is common for going passed 7500. Big cams, big revs.
I guess a built head and aftermarket intske manifold can go a long way. But I've always heard the stock crank starts producing bad vibrations past 7k. This is where the whole hcw vs fcw crank debate began..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:01 AM   #20
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Harmonics are a bitch...
Old 12-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #21
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Post pics of your set up

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 02:16 PM   #22
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
what are your wheel specs? how much stance do you have? how many followers?

just kidding. this is badass.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #23
duncan351
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Post pics of your set up
Old 12-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #24
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
wow! nice #'s

Old 12-19-2016, 11:51 AM   #25
Koukiii
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
yea, its really the cylinder pressures and adjusting the timing properly. I finally cured my head lifting issues by using washer inserts. But I detonate on E70 fuel compared to E80 and higher. I have heard so many posts and people say " I fun the same boost and timing regardless. It doesn't matter." Maybe because they are all low compression motors. I can only speculate. But for my high compression motor. I had to pull 5* timing out of the motor to keep it from knocking and even then I just stopped at 23psi. Don't feel comfortable trying to push the motor any more on such crappy fuel. Once the summer blend is back. I have no issues with knock. All honesty if I had to do it all over I would have gone 9.5:1. Gives you cushion for knock thresh hold.
Ah yeah I hear you on that. That's why I will only run my car on E-85 with a flexfuel capable standalone. Can't trust what the pump says.
Old 01-06-2017, 07:55 AM   #26
S14Serge
Zilvia Junkie

S14Serge is an unknown quantity at this point
Congrats on the badass numbers man!
Old 01-06-2017, 08:14 PM   #27
RB2.5

RB2.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Impressive!
RB2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:22 PM   #28
jabadboy77
Leaky Injector

jabadboy77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Numbers are amazing
jabadboy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 04:23 PM   #29
Guard1an

Guard1an is an unknown quantity at this point
Mother of God that's impressive man, dare I ask the cost so far ?? Lol
Guard1an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:04 PM   #30
duncan351
Zilvia Member

Honestly I stopped counting years ago. If I want power and want it reliably I spend the money. You can't get performance and be able to drive across the country without spending some serious coin. Its worth every penny.