Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-29-2017, 02:25 AM   #1
sjokolai

Trader Rating: (0)
sjokolai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sølvi - Euiro spec Kouki

Decided to move my build thread to this forum since it is a S14, it's copied from another forum so if something is off thats why.

So thought I would start a project thread so I have a place to keep track of my build,

First of let me introduce myself, Im Nick, Living in a small town on the westcoast of

Norway,been working on cars for as long as i can remember, Had a few cars before this

one including a W124 merc, a VW golf GTD that lasted 3 weeks.

The most fun one being a bone stock Mr2 Sw20 which i traded for my daily driver,
1980 Toyota Carina Ta40

Had a lot of fun with this, kind of rare toyota

So this thread will be mainly about my project car, the silvia. but will also feature some

other cars from my garage, we have 4 s14 koukis, 3 s13 koukis, 1 ps13 silvia varietta and

a r32 gtr (jdm points??)

+ some old turbo quattro audi and a couple e46 330ci's

Aslo me and my friend are building a s13 driftcar, this will not be used on the street, just pure racecar goodness.

The day I bought it

This is my 1997 Nissan 200sx S14A, the car is an Euro spec so that means some changes from the us 240sx,

mainly SR20DET, 5stud, 4 piston brakes, heated leather seats and electric mirrors from

the factory. there might be more differences that i'm unaware of.

It's paint although in sh't condition is the Deep Fuschia (LS1) which is supposed to be rare?

The goal for this car is to get a quick allround sportscar, cosmeticaly it will be more oem+ than all out baller drift spec.

Bought the car close to stock,

had a busted Chargespeed front bumper and front fenders, some Volk replicas and a rusty

leaky trunk, some lowering springs and otherwise stock.

Now the car didnt run properly when i checked it out, would lag in the upper part of the

powerband/rpm range. car was cheap so bought it on the spot.

turned out to be a mix of leaky intercooler piping and an exhaust leak.

First of bought a stock bumper used as i can't stand the need for speed one it came with

Got a front mount and built a 3 inch from the massacred XSpower catback that came with

the car,a friend of mine welded and then dipped it in acid at work, turned out great.

after this car runned smooth and after a torough service the old sr lump was ready for some mods

Now i dont have many pictures from the early days of this car and the work that was put in

it, but it is all fairly standard bolt ons. spent the entire winter season restoring a lot of

mechanical parts and underneath the car.

changing the xspower fmic for a genuine HKS one, XS one was way over dimensioned for

this build, was the lowest point on the car about 2,5 inches below the oilpan

started on the rust in the trunk, took it down to bare metal and then zinc coated,primed

and painted it. Then added a new oem plug for the bottom

I dont have any pictures of the job, but rest asured it was a lengthy and sh*t job.

Then one of my front calipers seized, got a great deal on some Z32TT ones, same specs

and dimensons only aluminium and not cast iron, restored these and a flick of paint later

they're installed with all new oem hardware and some ferodo ds2500 pads, the brake disc's

that came with the calipers were in good shape so re-used them for now.

installed HSD coilovers for some low's, really happy with the spring rates on these,

handles good and is not too stiff for road use

got some gauges and a spare center console so i could do this, currently waiting for

sensors and painting the console

Sold the Volk gt-c reps and sported for some genuine forged wheels, rebuilt them to my

liking but thats for the next update

That's it for the intro, I have many parts that have been accumulated over the winter that

will be installed after the nissan is road legal for 2 more years. Cheers
sjokolai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-2017, 01:23 AM   #2
sjokolai

Got some new wheels for this season, spent some months searching for the right ones and wouldnt you know it I found some here on the classifed section.

a russian comrade had for sale a set of OZ Futura's in 17'' all oem hardware and barrels + lips. which needed a rebuild, perfect for me as I wanted to put on that personal touch.

Havent seen many sets of OZ futura in 5x114 pcd before and a quick google search showed it wasnt overused on Nissan S14's, score!

paypal'd my russian comrade and a few weeks later the set was at my door, did a quick test fit to see if it would hit the coilovers, it didnt.. dont miind the beautiful custom artwork on the hood

Specs were 17x9 +24 all around, looked okay in the front, might go for a 5-10mm slip on spacer. rears however were utterly weak so pulled the trigger on some brand new 3.5'' lips

Pulling the final specs to 17x10.5 +9 ish if my calculations are correct

Pic of the fitment on the rear

then i disassembled them, started sanding them down for paint

washed em with some wonder degreaser and steam

alot of sanding after they were ready for paint

a coat of acid-primer

painted the inside of the barrels black, backside of centers were done with white spraycan

the oem lips were in bad condition so sanded from 120 grit to 6000 wet sand in stages, then hit it with some meguairs alu polish

Fronts were painted properly in a paintbooth, color is a custom white with some purple flake, very minor flake

Here after final mounting, tourqed to spec and sealed with silicone.
pleased with the final results, threw on some rubber 215-45-17 fronts and 235-45-17 rear, wrapped in Hankook S1 evo2

Havent gotten around to testing them on the car yet but will update as soon as i have the time.

Thats' all she wrote
Old 05-31-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
sjokolai

Small update time

Not really much that has happened lately, still trying to get the car in it's street legal/oem status..
so far the exhaust has been changed to the orginial inlcuding cat and the coilovers have been switched to the oem struts with 30mm springs, looks ridicolous with the OZ wheels

anyways I'll let the pictures do the talking

Test fitting before removing coilovers

havent adjusted the height or rolled the fenders which is needed

Also painted and fitted the HKS intercooler

while the front bumper was off I noticed the windshield wiper tank was poorly fitted/relocated and this really bugged me

So quickly threw together some nicer mounts from some steel I had laying around

all painted and mounted

Finally got around to finishing the center console and gauge setup, happy with this

Then my friend who is a detailer by trade wanted to give the hood some compound as over the winter it had gathered some mediocre artwork from the fellas at the shop.

Oz wheels and oem struts gives the car dat proper baller status..

It's clear that the paint has been neglected for too long so in all seriousness it needs a respray, will however give the whole car a torough cleaning and polish before the season.

That brings us up to date, currently waiting on a plug for the rear windshield as I started on a rear wiper delete

Been working alot lately so I'll use that for my excuse on the slow progress, when the paycheck drops the car will get some nicer and long awaited goodies.

Cheers
Old 05-31-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
U.S. spec 240's came 5lug as long as it's not a base model.

But your wheels look great. Very clean work.

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 10:28 AM   #5
95_S14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (108)
95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future95_S14 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 108 reviews
Lol Adrian swallows
Old 06-01-2017, 12:09 AM   #6
sjokolai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pblesh85 View Post
U.S. spec 240's came 5lug as long as it's not a base model.

But your wheels look great. Very clean work.
Didnt know the U.S came in 5 lug, does that include both S13 and S14?

Not really much that has happened lately, still trying to get the car in it's street legal/oem status..
so far the exhaust has been changed to the orginial inlcuding cat and the coilovers have been switched to the oem struts with 30mm springs, looks ridicolous with the OZ wheels

anyways I'll let the pictures do the talking

Test fitting before removing coilovers

havent adjusted the height or rolled the fenders which is needed

Also painted and fitted the HKS intercooler

while the front bumper was off I noticed the windshield wiper tank was poorly fitted/relocated and this really bugged me

So quickly threw together some nicer mounts from some steel I had laying around

all painted and mounted

Finally got around to finishing the center console and gauge setup, happy with this

Then my friend who is a detailer by trade wanted to give the hood some compound as over the winter it had gathered some mediocre artwork from the fellas at the shop.

Oz wheels and oem struts gives the car dat proper baller status..

It's clear that the paint has been neglected for too long so in all seriousness it needs a respray, will however give the whole car a torough cleaning and polish before the season.

That brings us up to date, currently waiting on a plug for the rear windshield as I started on a rear wiper delete

Been working alot lately so I'll use that for my excuse on the slow progress, when the paycheck drops the car will get some nicer and long awaited goodies.

Cheers
Old 06-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #7
Pblesh85
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
Pblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of lightPblesh85 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
s14's only came in 5 lug. But only Se & Le trim models

Do you suffer from vaginal dryness...
Pblesh85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #8
sjokolai

This week not alot has been happening to the car due to work, but some progress was made

Mainly I've had an oil leak from the oem oil pressure switch located beneath the oil filter, turns out that the plastic ''housing'' gets brittle with age

So got a new one from the dealer and this also gave me the chance to get an oil change and install the sensors needed for the oil temp and pressure gauges

At work I do a fair share of oil changes so there is proper tools and more importantly a lift for me to use

raised the car on the lift, thanks to original height this isnt as much of a challenge as opposed to every other day on coilovers

sensors and oil pressure switch, the brass T-piece goes into the oilpan and pressure and temp sensors on the T
I have a Greddy replica pan with baffles so there's an 1/8 npt port on the side up for grabs

gave the pan a proper clean

As mentioned in a previous update, the paint was in serious need of some attention, over the Easter break my friend (detailer by trade) had bought some new products he wanted to test

this resulted in the car getting all stages of paint correction and what not, dont know much about this but here are some pictures he took!

foam party

For this season I decided upon upgrading to HSD monopro coilovers

That's it for now, waiting on the ''MOT'' after that's done, some long awaited exterior mods and power upgrades are in line
Old 06-09-2017, 05:26 AM   #9
sjokolai

Minor update, the s14 is now street legal so the wheels and suspension is now fitted, had to roll the fenders quite a bit in the back due to rubbing, however I'm pleased with the results.

Front setup is still weak-ish, now I could go for spacers in the front but the fibreglass fenders have been a torn in my side for some time now, solution is fixing and painting the OEM ones i got second hand, this is for a future update.

anyhow.. s14 being street legal means all my parts can be installed, work is overwhelming at the moment so will update as soon as I get a chance

On to the pictures! crappy cell phone quality but it will do for now.

Going to lower the front some more after it settles, that's all for now