Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-27-2017, 04:27 PM   #1
Jayem
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jayem is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whelp I guess I'll start from the beginning and try to cover what I've done up until now. Hopefully I kept most of the pictures I've taken along the way. Long story short, I'm an idiot and sold a pretty cool 240z because I got bored and decided to build s13 #7. And while I'm at it, decided to go a little all out with parts I've always wanted to buy and what not.

So we'll start here. Was originally wanting a close to stock hatch that was running so I could do simple suspension and appearance mods and eventually ka-t it. Came across this one some kid was selling. Was completely bone stock minus a welded diff I can only assume he put in. Apparently car just stopped running one day and he couldn't figure out why. I figured it would be a easy fix and I'd be cruising, so I picked the car up for $1700. This is how it sat

So first order of business was figuring out why the car stopped running. KA was bone stock and everything under the hood was in its place. Supposedly ac was blowing cold as well. No way of telling though. Decided to go through and check for fuel and spark and blah blah. Long story short, this is what I found

So what was going to be a simple little budget build is already turning into something I have a feeling is going to get expensive. Let's party

Not wasting any time, drove a few hours out to a buddies and picked up a complete redtop swap and a few other goodies. Gave me a killer deal on this setup and a few more future parts. Clayton Alley is the man

Everything unloaded and laid out in the garage. Motorset came with a greddy front mount kit, tomei manifold and rocker arm stoppers, trust downpipe, 5zigen fireball exhaust, wiring specialties harness, and a few more other goodies. Also, it was originally an automatic, which hopefully means it's had an easy life so far. Also picked up some dmax coilovers from him as well that were basically new.

Next day off work, decided to start pulling the ka

Rip

Few hours later ��

Now time to prep the sr for its new home. Surprisingly the first sr swap I've done myself. I've always either bough cars with a swap already or just rocked a ka. So this is fun.

Don't have any pics or the interior when I got the unfortunately, but for the most part it was fairly clean and all complete. Dash was cracked to hell as usual. But a good friend had one stashed away in his garage I was able to scoop off him. So that went in

Went ahead and ordered some 5 lug hubs too. So I can run mad cool wheels.

Annnnd was drinking one night and placed a drunken order for these and got them. Not even mad though

Decided to start getting the sr ready to go in. Cleaned it up some

Also ordered a Cody ace ac bracket and put the ka compressor on. Supposedly ac was blowing cold with the ka before the motor stopped running. How true that is, no idea but we'll find out one day. Lol

And I keep ordering stuff I don't need right now, but definitely want. Why not? Amirite

Trying to do a couple of little different things I think will give it some cool touches. Carbon surround thingy for the cluster. I think it looks super ricer and awesome. Carbon all things.

Also super bored one night so decided to attempt to polish up my intercooler piping. Didn't come out too shabby, even though I know it won't stay that way once in the car. Meh.

Also I was fighting the no name aftermarket elbow that came on the motor. It basically made me mad and I put a hole in it, so I ordered a tomei one and put that bad boy on

Completely cleaned and vacuumed the interior. Cleaned up way better than I anticipated. Super pleased with it. I'm a stickler for having a nice clean looking interior and this will show to be a good base to start with

Also got my cluster all done and replaced the bulbs with some units from superbrightleds.com. Extremely pleased with how it turned out. Kinda hard to capture how it lights up in a pic, but it's not overly bright or anything.

Ordered some pretty rotors for the 5 lug conversion

And some more unnecessary little things that I probably paid too much for, but I think are the coolest

Also got the motor all mounted in. She's getting there!!

Downpipe installed. I'm a sucker for old Japanese parts

Got my nardi installed. Interior is coming a long nice. Also went half with a friend on a pair of bride rep seats

And getting a couple of more pieces installed on the motor. Slow but rewarding process

Beginning of the coilover and full isr pro arm kit install.

Did a little mockup of one of the wheels. Went with a set of Square G33's. I think it'll look rad

And made my first major aero purchase. Oem type x bumper with all brackets and lights ��

Took off the lower pan to straighten out a dent and came across this. Lucky I pulled it. Gives me an excuse to put a blacktop oil pickup so no biggie.

Also picked up a complete hatch with an oem type x wing on it. So don't have to worry about that stupid foam spoiler and taking it off. Veryyyyy niceee (borat voice)

And because I'm impatient, Type X tails in before the car is even running. Ha

Ordered some aero and it finally came in. Did a little test fit. Chuki replica skirts and a g grow replica rear valance. Trying something a little different than the usual type x stuff. So far looks ok

Rear valance doesn't exactly line up with the exhaust. I know the exhaust had been modified before so it now appears it's not really for an s13. But can't complain since it came with the motorset. I'll figure something out later

Intercooler piping and core is all mounted and plumbed.

Everything is finally where it should be and all connected with fresh fluids. First start and hopefully drive will be the following day

First start and drive was a success. Extremely happy with how the motor sounds and runs. Idles perfect. No noises besides a horrendous exhaust leak which I will eventually find. Now time to make it look cool

The no bumpwr thing lasted about a day. Finally mounted up the type x bumper and got all the lights working. Wasn't a fan before, but having it on my car in person, I'm most definitely falling in love with it.

Also, finally got around to getting my full 5 lug and wheels put on. And I'm now hooked on this car <3

Also, replica type x front lip came in. Ordered from a member on here (his username escapes me), but fit and figment was perfect and really happy with it. No way I was gonna spend 6-700 on an oem lip if i could even find one
Jayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
Jayem
Leaky Injector

Seat rail came in. Can finally mount my seat.

Also I'm an idiot and forgot to tuck the harness prior to it being low and with lower offset wheels. So doing that. Not fun

Love the way the interior is coming out

Annnnnnd the seat is in

Loving the way the car is sitting now. Perfect

All starting to come together

Had gotten some 180sx headlight housings when I bought the motorset. So finally time to install them with some hids. Love it

Solved my exhaust problem my just getting a whole new one. Ha. Huge fart can mufflers are my favorite. Should sound really nice

Looks fantastic

All the aero is mounted up and fitting for the most part pretty well. Getting that much closer to paint and goodness

Also decided to work on the sound system. So installed a double din and did a 4x6 conversion in the front with some kicker speakers. Gotta have my good sounds when cruising. A bazooka tube is going in the back as well. Sounds amazing

And added in some P2M floormats for good measure. They fit and look awesome. Definitely recommend if you don't want to spend a million dollars on dmax ones.

My dog buddy approves of the progress

A quick snap of me and my buddies car getting some tacos. Unfortunately this would be the last time these two cars cruised. He ended up having some motor troubles and decided to part the car and move on to his next venture after years and years of having that car. Bittersweet but he's got something cool in the works. And this would be the last pic before my car "kinda" turned into being one color. Until later that is. Haha

Got tired of my car being different colors, so went to lowes and got the closest thing I could find. Not gonna lie, pretty surprised it turned out this well, even though it's temporary until it gets a legit paint job. I can roll like this for awhile though

Also, a good friend of mine has a powdercoated valve cover that was just sitting around. Said he'd trade me for my stock one, so sure why not. Not the color I would've chosen, but better than the stock one

And got some cool high quality pics taken one night out with the dudes

We eat tacos a lot

Photo cred for the last two pics - @mtd_kique
Old 05-30-2017, 12:29 PM   #3
HGs14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
HGs14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Lookin good buddy!
HGs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
Jayem
Leaky Injector

Putting the manifold back on after getting some cracks welded up. Ended up being my exhaust leak from the very beginning. Decided to clean up the engine bay while I was at it

Hanging with the dudes

And a few before and after pics of what's happened so far

Was having this really weird clutch problem. Car would want to keep moving forward when it was in first gear and I was pressing the clutch down fully. Figured it was maybe a faulty pressure plate which was a little odd considering the motor had a spec clutch installed a year or so prior. Anything bought a complete white bunny kit. Always had good luck with competition clutches.

Ended up not being the clutch. This piece came out of the trans draining the fluid. Not sure how it made it out of the hole, but I'm glad it did. Good friend ended up selling me his spare trans on the spot and got it put in along with the new clutch. Shifts smooth as butter now

At this point, I decided to go a different direction looks wise with the car, so this is the last the car will look like this

The beginning of the change. Found some oem type x rear valances in good shape from a member on here. Thank god. Took quite a bit of searching to find a clean set

Also, got this fitting welded on to make charging up the ac easier. Can't wait for the cold goodness. Especially here in Texas

And this will be the last pic with these wheels. Got some good stuff coming

Finally, I've bought a set of my unicorn dream wheels. Wanted these things since I first got into cars. 17x9+18 Desmond Regamaster MP's

More awesome stuff. Got more aero in today oem type x side skirts. Also picked up from a member in here in excellent shape.

Getting them all mounted up

And the complete package. *tears of joy*

Friend told me, if you're gonna do legit aero, you better do everything else legit. Enter these bad boys. Bride Zeta 3 Gradation and Bride Brix. I've always wanted these seats. Might as well get them. Woot woot

And they look so so sexy

Tired of the way the front is sitting, so a call to gktech was in order and scooped me up the roll center correction kit. This should make things nice in the front.

Sits amazing in the front now. -6.5 degrees of camber and all is right

Got my gktech catch can installed as well and gave the engine another cleaning. It ain't the fanciest engine bay, but I'm pleased with how it's turned out

Power by max evdm is installed and hooked up. Along with the ac being charged and nice and cold. Just waiting on my oil filter relocation kit so I can hook up the oil pressure sensor and it'll be golden.

And this is the end result as of today. Paint will hopefully be happening in the next few weeks. Trying to source a set of ganador mirrors before it goes in for paint, but those things are like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The search continues. But I'm happy with how the car has turned out.

5/31/17
Picked up this bad boy last night. Super cool piece. ARC cooling panel.

Last edited by Jayem; 05-31-2017 at 10:17 AM..
Old 05-30-2017, 03:40 PM   #5
hkp

hkp is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good dude, where them square wheels at?
hkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
this came out pretty good.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 03:46 PM   #7
justchrisyo

justchrisyo is an unknown quantity at this point
this literally just became goals
i need ac in my life + type x!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2017, 09:56 PM   #8
Jayem
Leaky Injector

Got the arc cooling panel installed and looking pretty. Also my search for a set of ganador mirrors was getting frustrating and I came across a good deal on some east bear mirrors and pulled the trigger. Really happy with them and they grew on me. I think they'll fit the style of the car well. More pics once they're installed. But here's some for now.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #9
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
This is pretty neat- nice work!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:19 AM   #10
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
A r c h i t e c t s tho

All our gods was album of the year last year 100%
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:55 AM   #11
Jayem
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
This is pretty neat- nice work!
Appreciate it man. I follow you on the gram. Your car is definitely has a lot of influence on this build

Last edited by Jayem; 06-05-2017 at 11:33 PM..
Old 06-05-2017, 09:56 AM   #12
Jayem
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece View Post
A r c h i t e c t s tho

All our gods was album of the year last year 100%
Dude I know. Such an amazing album
Old 06-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #13
Jayem
Leaky Injector

Got the mirrors installed and they look and fit great. Extremely happy with them.

Also picked up a set of tomei 256 cams from a buddy that was parting out his motor. These things should be in in a few weeks and will spice things up a bit

And after a very very long time I've being into s chassis, I finally decided to drive my first drift event. Buddy of mine rented out the race track for his bachelor party and decided to invite all the dudes for a full day of drifting. Got some great seat time and had a blast learning and getting the hang of it. Car performed amazing and gave me zero issues, with ac blasting in between laps. Definitely more drifting to come. Rip car. Lol

Old 06-18-2017, 02:59 PM   #14
Unit 02

Unit 02 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like it a lot
Unit 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 03:26 PM   #15
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I really like where this is going! Keep it up my man!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote