Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #121
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Thanks for all of the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
How does the quality of the DIF lines look?

Did you buy the set with the restrictor?

Looking good.
Quality looks great to me, they even put the fire sleeving on the lines. And yes, I bought the one with a restrictor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMAGE976
i had the same issue with my XS FMIC and so after the tab broke ,i had to decide on which FMIC to get, Greddy, HKS or Blitz....so i went and got a Blitz IC......The build quality on the three were all excellent but i got a deal on the Blitz FMIC so yah.....Nice Build tho, i likes.....
Yeah, I could have had it welded up just as easily I guess, but 240sx Motoring had a great deal on the GReddy kits, so I decided to just go that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93nismo
bahh.. i wish i had money to spend.. the car loks great man. i had the sma eproblem with the screws on the headlights. i just took a lighter too em for a min or 2 and used some vice grips to get em out. then ziptied em back to gether till i got new screws. but im sure youve already fixed that lol
haha, I actually haven't fixed it yet. I picked up the new screws, but I haven't had time to deal with it. Appreciate the advice though!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2009, 12:34 PM   #122
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Not a lot going on with the build at the moment. I took the insurance off of the car a couple of days ago and it is getting ready to go into storage. Snapped a couple cell pics after I washed it:

Installed a roof spoiler a couple of weeks ago, but it still needs paint if I decide to keep it:

I decided to change up my gauge setup a bit. I had a set of 5 white face defi link gauges, 52mm. 3 are installed and 2 are chilling in a box. I found these 60mm black face gauges on Zilvia today, so I snatched them up and plan to sell my white ones:

The white gauges were left from my Solara and looked great in a white car, but I prefer the black face for the 240.

Oh, and one other thing happening over the winter:

Going with full kouki 180sx aero. Front bumper with OEM lip, center rear valence piece, and kouki wing are on the way. Side skirts will be purchased soon and if all goes well, the car will get a fresh coat of OEM black paint in the spring. Should be a fun winter... I'll keep everyone posted!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 12:12 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #123
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i love taking breaks from zilvia, just to come back and see a build thread so well done....excellent job my friend
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:41 PM   #124
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
put the carbon fiber center garnish for the rear tails and put on some carbon fiber roof spoiler.
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #125
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I sold the carbon hood and hatch- Kind of got tired of the carbon thing. I think i will get the Kevlar RPS13 panel for the rear when I go full kouki though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreakDrifter View Post
i love taking breaks from zilvia, just to come back and see a build thread so well done....excellent job my friend
Thanks! Summer just went by way too quickly I'm afraid...

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 10-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #126
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Very clean and nice build! I can't wait to see the kouki 180sx aero!
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #127
S13Missle
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
S13Missle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Beautiful car bro.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:43 PM   #128
killer240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
killer240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
did you even use the CF hatch? lol
killer240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:23 PM   #129
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I had the cf hatch on from about June to September... I sold it to fund the new turbo setup (and by "fund" I mean keep the wife happy, lol). I really liked it a lot, it was a sweet piece... the only thing I didn't like was not having the struts back there- that got kind of old pretty fast. Carbon on black was hit or miss for me too... my car just wasn't clean enough to pull it off IMO.

Thanks for the props!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #130
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Just a quick update on some parts I have been collecting:

Traded my GReddy oil pan for a Tomei Expreme turbo manifold:

Kouki 180SX spoiler and rear center valence:

Ganador mirrors:

OEM Hatch window visors:

And a better pic of the gauges:

Super busy right now, but I should start installing everything within the next couple of weeks.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 09:46 AM..
Old 11-08-2009, 04:50 PM   #131
BOXCAR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
BOXCAR is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Excellent. RPS13 CKG+1 Might I suggest some staggered bronze 6 spoked wheels after all that awesomeness is installed?
BOXCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #132
slideways2004
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
slideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enoughslideways2004 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slideways2004
man this car is going to be amazing!!
slideways2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:07 PM   #133
M11's
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
M11's is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what front lip was that
M11's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #134
fcf sil80
Leaky Injector

fcf sil80 is on a distinguished road
WOW!!!! so f n nice.
fcf sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:05 AM   #135
johngriff
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
johngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfectionjohngriff is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to johngriff
I read that you "found out" the car already had a walboro in it, and so you are not going to replace it.

REPLACE IT.

The guy could have only had it in for a month, but was a cheap drifter, fuel sloshing the car all over with no gas in the tank. Those walboros overheat really fast, and break even faster.

So if you don't know that you did it, I wouldn't risk the engine on it, especially with a turbo upgrade on the way.

Z32TT OEM fuel pump is a little pricey but almost indestructible with more flow than you need.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:29 AM   #136
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Front lip was xenon. If I had a dollar for every time someone asked me that, I could finish my build. lol.

And thanks for the advice on the fuel pump- I was considering replacing it anyway with a hard wire kit just to be safe. It is probably a few years old now, so I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to replace it. I know the car wasn't drifted and was rarely driven before I bought it, but it would be cheap insurance for sure.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #137
xplicit240
Zilvia Addict

xplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nicexplicit240 is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to xplicit240
i hate/love you. so nice.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #138
IMPORTIMAGE
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (78)
IMPORTIMAGE is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 78 reviews
Send a message via AIM to IMPORTIMAGE
Great build! super clean, keep up the good work.
IMPORTIMAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:28 AM   #139
funes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
funes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow, really beautiful build!!

btw where did you get the lip of the chuki bumper?
funes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #140
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

I bought it from a member in Ohio. I was in contact with Speed Alliance about buying one new before I found mine, and it sounds like they can still get them (this was about a year ago). The price they gave me back then was $375 shipped with a 2-4 week wait time. Not sure if that has changed or not, but try shooting them an email.

Thanks for the compliments! Getting anxious to tear into the bay and get this going.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-09-2009, 05:02 PM   #141
thrax
Leaky Injector

thrax is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice looking job so far. Nothing over the top but still looks like it means business.

I see you have a final quality control inspector...

thrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #142
eklips3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
eklips3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
tooo sick ! love the car man , keep the pics comin !

1992 240sx (RB20. 362whp@16psi)
eklips3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:24 AM   #143
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yeah, he's always on Kitteh Control Duty. lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-13-2009, 02:49 AM   #144
lightsource
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (41)
lightsource is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Send a message via AIM to lightsource
+subscribed
lightsource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:10 AM   #145
s13 @ fullboost
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfections13 @ fullboost is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to s13 @ fullboost
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngriff View Post
I read that you "found out" the car already had a walboro in it, and so you are not going to replace it.

REPLACE IT.

The guy could have only had it in for a month, but was a cheap drifter, fuel sloshing the car all over with no gas in the tank. Those walboros overheat really fast, and break even faster.

So if you don't know that you did it, I wouldn't risk the engine on it, especially with a turbo upgrade on the way.

Z32TT OEM fuel pump is a little pricey but almost indestructible with more flow than you need.
agreed should deff switch to the z32 TT pump
Old 11-13-2009, 07:42 AM   #146
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Scored some clean turn signal/wiper stalks, haha:

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 09:47 AM..
Old 11-13-2009, 08:28 AM   #147
holemilk00
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
holemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the roughholemilk00 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Looking good Damon, call me when you're ready to start working on the wiring.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:00 AM   #148
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

^Will do for sure Shane, Happy late Birthday!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 11-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #149
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Just read through the whole build. You definitely got a lot of nice stuff done in a short amount of time. Let me know if you need some kouki side skirts, my parents live in Japan .

Instagram - SJKnoop
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:59 AM   #150
NewS13Guy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
NewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura aboutNewS13Guy has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
subscribed!! Great build! Where did you get your carpet from?
NewS13Guy is offline   Reply With Quote