Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-10-2018, 06:07 PM   #11281
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It’s interesting that Mazda has been able to dream up unbelievable concept coupes and have knocked it out of the park with every consecutive redesign of their sedans and CUVs yet the Miata, which really deserves the attention, is sort of the ugly duckling of the line up.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:24 PM   #11282
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
New favorite car.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/aston...-drive-review/

I’ve had my mind made up on an F Type but I might be changing my mind.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:33 PM   #11283
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

So ford confirmed a hybrid Mustang is coming 2020.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/19/...hybrid-ev-awd/
Old 04-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #11284
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/20/...rt-400-review/

A glowing review of the new Q60 Red Sport. Just kidding. It’s boring and numb. The soul of the first gen G35 Coupe is totally gone.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:13 PM   #11285
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
$65,000!!!! GTFO!!!!

Mel, the soul of ALL cars are pretty much gone... its what happens when you computerize everything in a car. steering, computer controlled! suspension, computer controlled! transmission, computer controlled! car learns how you drive (instead of the driver learning how to drive the car), computer controlled!

we are well into the age of people wanting nothing more than bells and whistles from a car instead of learning how to tame a wild horse (how most car people refer to learning to drive an R32 GTR).

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 04:09 PM   #11286
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
65g for a computer controlled nissan in a party dress.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 03:19 PM   #11287
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^If this were 10 years ago, I'd swear you were talking about the R35.

Complain as we might about the old ass Z34... It's the only thing they've got left with any soul at all.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #11288
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
surprised no one has posted this yet... and its not a joke

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...eup/549463002/

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 03:31 AM   #11289
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
surprised no one has posted this yet... and its not a joke

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...eup/549463002/
Yeah that is crazy. The Mustang and Focus will be the only Ford cars. The sedanapocalypse is real.

As a consumer of new vehicles I do have to say it’s hard to justify buying a sedan right now. But I’m not sure I have typical consumer needs. I have 3 kids and need a vehicle I can pack full of camera equipment for shoots. As hard as I tried a sedan just didn’t seem like a good fit. I would have 100% bought the new V60 wagon if it was available when I bought the XC40.

Last edited by exitspeed; 04-26-2018 at 09:36 AM.. Reason: ford was spelled, FIRD, made me itch
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:46 AM   #11290
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
I just found out today. It is nuts to thing a muscle car and a intermediate car will be the only Sedans Ford has.

Sounds like sedan prices are about to drop then. A sedan is perfect for my life. Big enough for the kiddos and luggage with out guzzling gas like my Silverado.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:06 AM   #11291
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post
I just found out today. It is nuts to thing a muscle car and a intermediate car will be the only Sedans Ford has.

Sounds like sedan prices are about to drop then. A sedan is perfect for my life. Big enough for the kiddos and luggage with out guzzling gas like my Silverado.
The new Accord is Best North American Car of the Year and Honda can't get them off their lots. Although some of us already saw sedanapocalypse coming, it's still pretty surreal to experience. Looks like sedan buyers in the near future are going to need to go luxury.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:18 AM   #11292
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
still cant believe what ford is doing. I saw it yesterday and couldn't believe it. it seemed like not that long ago auto makers were jumping ship from the SUV trend, crazy to see them jump back into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
As a consumer of new vehicles I do have to say it’s hard to justify buying a sedan right now. But I’m not sure I have typical consumer needs. I have 3 kids and need a vehicle I can pack full of camera equipment for shoots. As hard as I tried a sedan just didn’t seem like a good fit. I would have 100% bought the new V60 wagon if it was available when I bought the XC40.
lots of people have 2 to 3 kids and shit they need to haul around. ford may have a SUV they want to sell you
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:25 AM   #11293
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
You know what I wanna see? A sedan or maybe a wagon with 3rd row seating. And I'm not talking that funky Tesla 3rd row either. But it'll never happen.
Old 04-26-2018, 09:38 AM   #11294
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post

lots of people have 2 to 3 kids and shit they need to haul around. ford may have a SUV they want to sell you
I already have two. Nothing Ford is doing currently interested me enough in any of the segments I bought.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:18 AM   #11295
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
What scares me is if and when other manufacturers will follow Ford’s example. I wonder who’s next?
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:25 AM   #11296
Future240
Future Moderator

Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmcdon View Post
What scares me is if and when other manufacturers will follow Ford’s example. I wonder who’s next?

Could be any of them.

Check this older article from last year

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...017/107395786/

Quote:
Through October, Malibu sales are down 16.5% from the same period last year.

Quote:
Through October, [Elantra] sales are down 8.8% from the same period in 2016.

Quote:
[Ford Fusion] Sales are down 22.6% this year through October.

Quote:
but this year has been a tough one for the Altima: Sales are down 17.1% this year through October.

Quote:
[Honda Accord is] down 2.3% through October

Quote:
But even the Corolla has lost ground to the latest SUVs: Sales are down 9% in 2017 through October.
Old 04-26-2018, 11:17 AM   #11297
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I already have two. Nothing Ford is doing currently interested me enough in any of the segments I bought.
I figured (I don't care for ford either). just yanking your chain
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #11298
Future240
Future Moderator

Looks like the next one might be GM.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/04/26/ford...ar-behind.html
Old 04-26-2018, 04:44 PM   #11299
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

There are some bright spots in the industry.

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/04/26/...lvo-v90-wagon/

Bad ass wagon vs bad ass wagon. 5 years ago we didn't even have a wagon the market.

And this new V60 R Design coming out is just amazing.

Old 04-26-2018, 05:11 PM   #11300
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future240 View Post

Ya except that new Focus will be a cuv like the Ecopsort.Which I should add is not doing well its just sitting on dealers lots.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:36 PM   #11301
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You gotta give Ford props for keeping the Mustang going. Check last year's sales figures. The Fusion, which they're dumping, sold 209,000 units. The lowly Mustang sold only 81,000 units.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:07 PM   #11302
ronmcdon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
ronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfectionronmcdon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Ford would have sold more mustangs if production of the gt350 was closer to actual demand haha

Its a mystery to me why ford doesnt axe the mustang. It did better in 2015-16, but sales of that model has slumped a lot in general from I think 2007. Unless there are huge profit margins or somehow its regarded as a halo car, it makes little financial sense to keep the mustang. I wouldnt have guessed the Focus is underperforming in sales that bad where its less profitable than the mustang.

Camaro sales arent far behind the mustang, but Im hoping GM wont take such drastic measures as Ford. I would not be surprised if GM was next.
ronmcdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:58 AM   #11303
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Bring on the Fairlane! (aka Mustang sedan)

Old 04-27-2018, 08:34 AM   #11304
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Needs rx8 style rear doors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 12:13 PM   #11305
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post

I’m all for this!
Old 04-27-2018, 12:20 PM   #11306
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
I had the same thought when the mustang came out with a modern suspension, could be a decent bargain 3-series. But Chevy is already doing it with the Camaro/ATS and it's not going that great. Given the recent news, I think it's absolutely a non-starter at this point.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...buy/526892002/
14. Cadillac ATS
Avg. days on lot: 164.9
2017 sales: 13,100
2016 sales: 21,505
Starting at: $35,495
Though luxury cars have been fairly resilient amid the drop in sales overall, sales of the Cadillac ATS have decreased significantly every year since 2013, its first full year in production. After selling over 38,000 models in 2013, ATS sales plummeted to 13,100 in 2017. The Cadillac ATS is the only car to appear on this list for the fourth straight year.
Old 04-27-2018, 08:35 PM   #11307
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
if the coupe can weight 3800lbs. the 4 door must be 5 mega tons. +++
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:47 PM   #11308
NextTimeJr

NextTimeJr is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
There are some bright spots in the industry.

I have to say, drove by the Volvo dealership recently and their wagon and suv were damn nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NextTimeJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:47 PM   #11309
Fries
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Fries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfectionFries is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdlong View Post
I had the same thought when the mustang came out with a modern suspension, could be a decent bargain 3-series. But Chevy is already doing it with the Camaro/ATS and it's not going that great. Given the recent news, I think it's absolutely a non-starter at this point.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...buy/526892002/
14. Cadillac ATS
Avg. days on lot: 164.9
2017 sales: 13,100
2016 sales: 21,505
Starting at: $35,495
Though luxury cars have been fairly resilient amid the drop in sales overall, sales of the Cadillac ATS have decreased significantly every year since 2013, its first full year in production. After selling over 38,000 models in 2013, ATS sales plummeted to 13,100 in 2017. The Cadillac ATS is the only car to appear on this list for the fourth straight year.
Yeah but that 2.0 is known to be problematic and I think that has alot to do with it. I was all for buying one as a daily before my buddy had to get his engine replaced at 8,000.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:09 AM   #11310
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post

Bitch, I'll sell a kidney for this.