Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #31
xs240
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i cant wait to get mine so badly... need some $$$
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #32
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

4x4le is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to 4x4le Send a message via Yahoo to 4x4le
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottscennessey View Post
Question:
Does Nistune allow me to open, and resave my .bin's in .bin format. Or is it going to be .nis or something foreign and encrypted like that?

Sometimes I like to bust out the hex editor.

Yep, it just uses normal bin files. None of that biki rom bull crap kind of stuff going on here!

You can even download tunes off of other peoples ecus through the consult port to look and see what they have going on.
4x4le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #33
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
Yep, it just uses normal bin files. None of that biki rom bull crap kind of stuff going on here!

You can even download tunes off of other peoples ecus through the consult port to look and see what they have going on.
That's sooooooo cool lol. Makes me wanna find a consult plug and put it into my re-loomed harness, before I heat shrink everything...

Z32 NA ecus use a different ECU connector than the S1 RB25's right?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #34
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

to the best of my knowlege no. Im not on the up and up on rb's though.

Personally I mostly deal with s13 sr's and ka's. (ask me something about one of them so I dont look dumb j/k)
Old 05-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #35
hottscennessey
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
hottscennessey is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yea, that's huge. I'll proceed reading now .
hottscennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #36
xs240
BANNED

xs240 is an unknown quantity at this point
I have an s13 ka with tons of boltons... ill be looking forward to asking questions away in here when i get mine
xs240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #37
hottscennessey
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nistune.com
5. Individual License and Tuners License Differences We have been working with and received quite a number of queries and requests from workshops with what NIStune will cost for the workshop. NIStune has now been split into two users licenses.
(a) Individual users license
- Intended for those who wish to purchase one or few boards, only needing address files for those boards for personal interest
- Limited to three address files, and five differerent ECU IDs that can be tuned in real-time

(b) Tuners license
- Intended for those in the business of tuning. ie primarily workshops. Those who wish to either run NIStune with emluators and daughterboards, or wish to tune using our RealTime boards
- Provided with complete set of Nissan address files with maptracing information
- Unlimited emulator and boards supported
- Discount prices on boards, and further discount on quantity boards ordered.
Just to be clear. Maptracing IS included in the individual license, correct? This is just reiterating that all the address files include maptracing?

Please correct me if necessary.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:00 PM   #38
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Wow, that is worded badly. Good catch! You do have maptracing capabilities with the single user license so no worries. You also have all of the address files.
I guess the reason they worded it that way is because with the single users license you are limited to be able to only open 3 different address files. The first 3 address files you open are the 3 address files your allowed to do tunes for. Then you are only able to connect to 5 different ecus which must be of the 3 address files you have chosen. You do not have to choose the 3 address files up front but just remember not to go opening different addresses for no reason. Say if you have a s14 with a ka in it that would be 1 ecu and 1 address file. Now you can tune up to 4 more s14 ka's. Or say if you end up getting a 300zx that would be your 2nd address file and your 2nd of 5 ecus you can connect to.

You have maptracing capabilities with either license, the ONLY thing that is limited on the cheaper license is how much usage you have on the software by limiting the address files and ecus. The single user license is intended for people that may have a couple nissans or a friend or 2 with nissans. The tuners license is for someone that has a business or plans on making a few bucks tuning other peoples cars.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:19 PM   #39
hottscennessey
Leaky Injector

Great. that's exactly how I read it.. I just had to do a double take and wanted to make sure! Thanks!
Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #40
hottscennessey
Leaky Injector

Is there anyone using the calum RT ECU's built-in consult with Nistune?

After messing with it for a while I got the program to successfully emulate, I'm still not entirely sure what finally made it work. I'm at a loss though, because I can't get the consult to sync. It works with my other consult programs just fine.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:00 AM   #41
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Im sorry to say I wont be able to help with that. I know nothing really about the procedures on how to get it working with nistune on a calium ecu. Since you are a license holder feel free to join the forum on NIStune.com
I dont mind answering questions I can answer from potential users or current users of nistune but the nistune forum is great for people that already have a license because that entire forum is full of people that have many different kinds of setups running nistune.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:03 PM   #42
SidewayZ-s14
BANNED

Trader Rating: (14)
SidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
So i send my ECU to have the daughter board put in, and when i receive the ECU back it will be tuned to what i have on my car or do i still need to take it somewhere to have it tuned?

I'm really looking forward to purchasing nistune!
SidewayZ-s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:26 PM   #43
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
You'll still need to have it tuned. Even if they load up a basemap that's close, you'll want it tuned for your engine/car anyway.

www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #44
SidewayZ-s14
BANNED

SidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enoughSidewayZ-s14 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
You'll still need to have it tuned. Even if they load up a basemap that's close, you'll want it tuned for your engine/car anyway.
Oh, ok!
Makes sense.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 PM   #45
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewayZ-s14 View Post
So i send my ECU to have the daughter board put in, and when i receive the ECU back it will be tuned to what i have on my car or do i still need to take it somewhere to have it tuned?

I'm really looking forward to purchasing nistune!
It will come with the tune that would have came on the ecu stock from nissan
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
This is very true. We really try to not put on base tunes for people just because as Im sure you can believe people will want to drive on that forever. They are much better off needing to get tuned because then they will actually go do it.

Nistune is a solution for easily being able to tune the stock ecu, and being able to get away from commercially pre tuned ecus and to be able to avoid the prices of standalones while still essentially being able to tune in the same manner as standalones and being better and cheaper than many of your cheaper stand alones.

Your car is only as good as the tune it runs on and it is the thing too many people skimp on. This gives you the ability to skimp on price a little just because nistune is not that expensive but still end up with a fully custom tuned car.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #46
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
sorry responded to wrong post lol
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #47
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i see that nistune comes with a basemap but is there a way to get a basemap for what mods you have, and start fine tuning from there. or do you have to start at stock and modify from there. also in the nistune software, when you change the injector size will it automatically compensate for it or do you have to go and manually change all of the values for the new injectors?
Old 06-06-2009, 07:20 AM   #48
boosted_kouki
Leaky Injector

boosted_kouki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by landins13 View Post
i see that nistune comes with a basemap but is there a way to get a basemap for what mods you have, and start fine tuning from there. or do you have to start at stock and modify from there. also in the nistune software, when you change the injector size will it automatically compensate for it or do you have to go and manually change all of the values for the new injectors?

if you go under operations tab, there is a "resize injectors" option

boosted_kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 01:34 AM   #49
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted_kouki View Post
if you go under operations tab, there is a "resize injectors" option

yeah ive gone into that portion, you can also change the maf your using my only issue is, does it automatically reconfigure the tune for the difference in injector size, or does it just let nistune know your using those injectors and you still have to tune the map for it?

this is of the utmost importance, because on monday im either ordering nistune or a rom tuned ecu
Old 06-07-2009, 01:47 AM   #50
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
yeah ive gone into that portion, you can also change the maf your using my only issue is, does it automatically reconfigure the tune for the difference in injector size, or does it just let nistune know your using those injectors and you still have to tune the map for it?

this is of the utmost importance, because on monday im either ordering nistune or a rom tuned ecu
Well the short answer is no. It does calibrate most things but it will by no means have you tuned. Basicially it keeps your car with the ability to start and usually drive but it will need attention. You have to tune it still.
That shouldnt be a turn off though, that is actually whats good about it because you can end up with a fully custom tuned ecu and tune your ecu in the same manner as you tune a stand alone.

Pre tuned ecus are just about worthless honestly. They are a bunch of guess work and telling a company what injectors you have and what maf you have, well there is no way to actually make a good tune based off that information.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:50 AM   #51
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4le View Post
...Pre tuned ecus are just about worthless honestly. They are a bunch of guess work and telling a company what injectors you have and what maf you have, well there is no way to actually make a good tune based off that information.
QFT - might be better than a stock ECU (especially if you're changing injectors and MAF), but are NOT the same as a tune for your car. For what people are asking for ROM tunes now-days, Nistune and a $200 session at your local dyno tuner is a MUCH better buy.

Once my RB is in and someone gives me a twin-scroll/single gate manifold, I'll be looking into the Z32 ECU/Nistune as a more cost effective option to the ever-popular PowerFC or AEM.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:53 AM   #52
CAPoweredS14
Zilvia Member

CAPoweredS14 is just really niceCAPoweredS14 is just really niceCAPoweredS14 is just really niceCAPoweredS14 is just really niceCAPoweredS14 is just really niceCAPoweredS14 is just really niceCAPoweredS14 is just really niceCAPoweredS14 is just really niceCAPoweredS14 is just really nice
I have a S2 RB25 and down in Houston a shop newly became tuners in Nistune. I would like to switch to the Z32 ECU but S2 have the ignitor on the ECU unlike the S1 ECUs.. They said they can do it with the stock ECU but after reading the info above it doesn't seem like there is a solution yet for us RB guys..
CAPoweredS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:32 AM   #53
landins13
Zilvia Addict

how would i go about ordering nisutne, as how can i tell if my consult is wired in my car properly, i remember in a previous post you said that it would be 510 with you doing the install of the daughterboard,and everything else i needed including the consult port.

i was just wondering because i was looking around on your site and you dont have the consult port listed in there to be purchased.

let me know because im probly going to order it tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #54
SidewayZ-s14
BANNED

I'm a bit confused on the whole consult port part...
Do i need to purchase one and have it installed or does my car already have one?
95 240sx w/ s14 SR OBD1.

If i have to purchase the consult port, how will i know where to install it?
Sorry for such n00b questions I'm just confused.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:00 PM   #55
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPoweredS14 View Post
I have a S2 RB25 and down in Houston a shop newly became tuners in Nistune. I would like to switch to the Z32 ECU but S2 have the ignitor on the ECU unlike the S1 ECUs.. They said they can do it with the stock ECU but after reading the info above it doesn't seem like there is a solution yet for us RB guys..
Im still not up on all the rb stuff. What car did the s2 come from? If its the r34 rb25 you can get the type 4 board for it.

Quote:
how would i go about ordering nisutne, as how can i tell if my consult is wired in my car properly, i remember in a previous post you said that it would be 510 with you doing the install of the daughterboard,and everything else i needed including the consult port.

i was just wondering because i was looking around on your site and you dont have the consult port listed in there to be purchased.

let me know because im probly going to order it tomorrow.
Just let us know if you need a cousult port and if we have any we will throw one in the order. Im not sure if he will charge extra for one or not. We need to put it on the site for order really.
As for wiring in the port look below for the info on that.

Also about the prices, I no longer like to talk about prices on the boards for a few reasons. Im using the forms to help people out with their nistune setups, not be a spammer and sale the stuff. The other reason is because the prices we have to pay to import the stuff over here is changing every day so we are having to change our prices on occasion. Some people will want stuff for the same price I said in a post that is a year old and we just cant do that sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidewayZ-s14 View Post
I'm a bit confused on the whole consult port part...
Do i need to purchase one and have it installed or does my car already have one?
95 240sx w/ s14 SR OBD1.

If i have to purchase the consult port, how will i know where to install it?
Sorry for such n00b questions I'm just confused.
91-98 s chassis cars have consult ports in the fuse box. On s13s you need to reach up and find it in there if it has never been found before. They tuck it up in there. On s14s it is actually hooked onto the fuse box. You can easially steal them out of b13 sentras all day long from the junk yard too.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #56
SidewayZ-s14
BANNED

Sweet!
So no need for me to buy one since my car already has it!
Old 06-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #57
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
I have a question about NIStune Trial Version.

How crackable is the trial version with a typical debugger such as Ollydbg?
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:29 PM   #58
Tensor187x
BANNED

Tensor187x has a little shameless behavior in the past
I've got a question.

So if I'm understanding correctly, i'll get the ecu back just like it was only difference being it'll have the daughter board soldered in it correct? All the maps will be the exact same as when i first sent it in?
Tensor187x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #59
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullet View Post
I have a question about NIStune Trial Version.

How crackable is the trial version with a typical debugger such as Ollydbg?

Are you fucking kidding me?

I have heard of no one having success but I encourage you to waste your time since you just wasted mine.
Old 06-07-2009, 10:32 PM   #60
4x4le
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensor187x View Post
I've got a question.

So if I'm understanding correctly, i'll get the ecu back just like it was only difference being it'll have the daughter board soldered in it correct? All the maps will be the exact same as when i first sent it in?
Yes it will be exactly the same, but now you can tune it.