Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 06-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #61
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (71)
hpipro4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 71 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
where did you get those? how did you do it? and do they have other colors?

oh and props on the tuck its coming along nicely, I just got through stripping my eentire interior harness. gets kinda hectic.
Product Listing - CAR

the 1st one is jus regular led come in variety of colors
2nd are the high power smd's only come in blue or white

tips: only use white led for the middle one cause buttons have blue n red coating....if you use red or blue its gonna be dim depends wat color is use.

no modding needed they fit perfect...only thing is removing them is a b**tch like when the polarities are backward cause this are polarized leds/smds

lmk if ya got any ??

oh get the 3mm
hpipro4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #62
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

engine fired rite up 1st start....freakin amazing...havent heard it roarrrr for months...

Old 06-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #63
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
maaaaaad props!!!!! if we still had rep i would hook you up lol. its good to see someone in norcal is doing shit right.
looks proper
im in the process of striping mine and goin painless, but girl problem are causing serious delays. Im taking pics as i go alont tho so youll see what i come up with soon.
congrats again on the start up
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:30 PM   #64
littledevil661
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
littledevil661 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to littledevil661
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpipro4 View Post
engine fired rite up 1st start....freakin amazing...havent heard it roarrrr for months...

damn you .. now imma have to do mine with i get home.. and pressure wash half of california streets from inside of the bay.. you should relocate the PS resi next
Old 06-18-2009, 01:26 AM   #65
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
maaaaaad props!!!!! if we still had rep i would hook you up lol. its good to see someone in norcal is doing shit right.
looks proper
im in the process of striping mine and goin painless, but girl problem are causing serious delays. Im taking pics as i go alont tho so youll see what i come up with soon.
congrats again on the start up
whats the rep thing anyway? thanks by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledevil661 View Post
damn you .. now imma have to do mine with i get home.. and pressure wash half of california streets from inside of the bay.. you should relocate the PS resi next
time and patient all it is! yea this is just my temporary set-up not 100% done just wanted to make sure the engine fired up before finalizing everything! yea i will be relocating the ps reservoir thinkin about nxt to the clutch reserv! will be using the s13 ps reserv
Old 06-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #66
littledevil661
Leaky Injector

time and patient all it is! yea this is just my temporary set-up not 100% done just wanted to make sure the engine fired up before finalizing everything! yea i will be relocating the ps reservoir thinkin about nxt to the clutch reserv! will be using the s13 ps reserv[/quote]

yeah thats where im putting mine too ..
Old 06-18-2009, 09:31 PM   #67
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

yeah thats where im putting mine too ..[/quote]

where did you put your charcoal canister?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #68
littledevil661
Leaky Injector

Quote:
yeah thats where im putting mine too ..

where did you put your charcoal canister?[/quote]

duuno where imma put it yet .. im goin to get new vaccum lines and go from there..
Old 06-19-2009, 10:59 PM   #69
imnotmatt1189
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
imnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to beholdimnotmatt1189 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
wow so clean. i wouldn't be able to do that on my own... i'd shit a brick for sure looking at all those wires. props
imnotmatt1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:24 AM   #70
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

heres some update......

Old 07-10-2009, 02:40 PM   #71
silcoupeguy987
Zilvia Junkie

silcoupeguy987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
heres some update......

i know you posted the link but what exact bulbs (model number from that site) did you use for the gauge cluster i bought some and they are not wide angle i think,,, and they made my cluster look crappy yours looks awesome!!!!!
silcoupeguy987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 02:26 AM   #72
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

im using this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-PCS-PAIR-NEW-T10-194-Wedge-Bulb-SMD-4-LED-BLUE-Light_W0QQitemZ270422749714QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMoto rs_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3ef673b212 &_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7 C39%3A1%7C72%3A1171
Old 07-11-2009, 03:20 AM   #73
silcoupeguy987
Zilvia Junkie

silcoupeguy987 is an unknown quantity at this point
hell yeah thanks
silcoupeguy987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #74
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by silcoupeguy987 View Post
hell yeah thanks
yeah no problem mr!
Old 07-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #75
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
nice work my friend. that looks sooo clean and the DCC and your cluster looks bitchin. i wish i had the patience and the cash to do all that.. i dont. and i dont have another car anyway. downtime is no good at the moment :P congrats on the great work mann
93nismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:04 AM   #76
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
Gorilla Unit 33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have a couple questions for the OP, since im in the middle of my full tuck right now aswell. Other then that it looks good. Im tucking the P/s resi up by the clutch resi, aswell as getting an inline fuel filter to clean up the lines from the fuel rail going on top of the manifold to the filter and tucking it behind the manifold on the firewall.

1. when you installed the dcs, did you use all the sensors and b/s or did you wire it into the factory usdm harness? (i guess it would be like having the digital system just without the auto climate controll?)

2. did you think about keeping the 2 fuse boxes before you just eliminated them and relocated everything to the glove box?

....me and a friend have found that the fuse boxes themselves can stay where they are just by flipping them upside down and putting them on the underside of the metal from where there at from the factory locations. Now that im tupped though im going to have to make a custom mounting slot on my passenger side but my drivers side will still use that slot from the factory which the fuse boxes use to keep them in place. of course i will have to secure the lids since they will be mounted completely upside down now but it should work out fine. I just got my car back to my garage but i can get pictures of what im talking about and how im going to make mine work if you need an example. Im still a bit far away from completing it but its coming along. Also keep in mind the only way someone could possibly pull off the tuck using the same spots for the fuse box i'am using is if they are N/A or have a v mount intercooler setup, because all the other ways i could think of you have to cut holes in the metal where i would be mounting my fuse boxes.
Gorilla Unit 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:22 AM   #77
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Unit 33 View Post
I have a couple questions for the OP, since im in the middle of my full tuck right now aswell. Other then that it looks good. Im tucking the P/s resi up by the clutch resi, aswell as getting an inline fuel filter to clean up the lines from the fuel rail going on top of the manifold to the filter and tucking it behind the manifold on the firewall.
Make sure you use large enough line for the reservoir to the pump - I used -6an (3/8") from the rack to the reservoir, and -10an (5/8") for reservoir to pump. Also, with inline fuel filters, most of the small ones are "pre-filters", and either don't filter all the way down to 10 microns, or don't deal well with high pressure. I'm using a Fram HPG1 filter because it's cheap, handles high pressure, and uses a replaceable filter element that filters to 10 microns or so.

Quote:
....me and a friend have found that the fuse boxes themselves can stay where they are just by flipping them upside down and putting them on the underside of the metal from where there at from the factory locations. Now that im tupped though im going to have to make a custom mounting slot on my passenger side but my drivers side will still use that slot from the factory which the fuse boxes use to keep them in place. of course i will have to secure the lids since they will be mounted completely upside down now but it should work out fine. I just got my car back to my garage but i can get pictures of what im talking about and how im going to make mine work if you need an example. Im still a bit far away from completing it but its coming along. Also keep in mind the only way someone could possibly pull off the tuck using the same spots for the fuse box i'am using is if they are N/A or have a v mount intercooler setup, because all the other ways i could think of you have to cut holes in the metal where i would be mounting my fuse boxes.
I can't possibly think of a way to fit those fuse boxes underneath the fender with tubs. When you're low, the wheel travels almost all the way to the underside of the strut tower, and pretty far inward. Pics?

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 02:20 AM   #78
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

1. when you installed the dcs, did you use all the sensors and b/s or did you wire it into the factory usdm harness? (i guess it would be like having the digital system just without the auto climate controll?)
i have all the sensors wired up!

2. did you think about keeping the 2 fuse boxes before you just eliminated them and relocated everything to the glove box?
i was going to but then plan change! decided to move everything inside since i was relocating my battery inside and wanted to use fuse panels instead. Also i had unwanted wires i wanted to removed so decided to rip everything out and redo the whole thing. the only wires going outside frm the smj are headlites, sidemarkers, signals, horns, & windshield washer pump/level sensor.

thats an easyway to do tuck but i wanted a more challenging tuck..lol
Old 07-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #79
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSXRJJordan View Post
Make sure you use large enough line for the reservoir to the pump - I used -6an (3/8") from the rack to the reservoir, and -10an (5/8") for reservoir to pump. Also, with inline fuel filters, most of the small ones are "pre-filters", and either don't filter all the way down to 10 microns, or don't deal well with high pressure. I'm using a Fram HPG1 filter because it's cheap, handles high pressure, and uses a replaceable filter element that filters to 10 microns or so.

I can't possibly think of a way to fit those fuse boxes underneath the fender with tubs. When you're low, the wheel travels almost all the way to the underside of the strut tower, and pretty far inward. Pics?
Thanks for the heads up on the filter facts. where the boxes mount underneath is like where the windsheild wiper fluid tank would be and that never gets rubbed, let alone the fuse boxes arent as big as that fluid tank either. You have an idea of where im talking about now? if not i'll get some pics up asap....i come from honda's where everything can be tucked away in the plastic under the windshield wipers lol.

Quote:
thats an easyway to do tuck but i wanted a more challenging tuck..lol
oOooOoOoOoOoO, i understand sometimes i gotta do things the hardway aswell.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #80
Gorilla Unit 33
Zilvia Junkie

Im about to make some good progress on my tuck this week Just to show you the bay and what im working with so far heres a look:

Old 08-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #81
J90lude
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Great Thread!!!
Old 08-05-2009, 07:21 PM   #82
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
this pic isn't a great example, but i relocated my entire harness and fuseboxes into my glovebox. now the only wires that are in the bay are my headlight harnesses and engine wiring. now i have a crate overflowing with wire i cut out.
i need to redo it cleaner and more "baller".

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:41 PM   #83
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
O know tjis is kinda taking it back a bit but do you think the NEO4's will work in the DCC? Im just wondering because I was hoping for more options than white and blue, but I will go white if I have to.

Product Listing - CAR
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #84
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Im about to make some good progress on my tuck this week Just to show you the bay and what im working with so far heres a look:

i need to do this on my fender wells....my 17x9 is too wide up frts and rubs real bad when fully turned.

Quote:
O know tjis is kinda taking it back a bit but do you think the NEO4's will work in the DCC? Im just wondering because I was hoping for more options than white and blue, but I will go white if I have to.

Product Listing - CAR
i dont think the 4mm's will work b/c the 3mm's barely fit...wit modifications it will.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:10 AM   #85
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

just wanted to share what the car looks like...needs new paint and lil work here and there.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:35 PM   #86
jeb1517
Leaky Injector

jeb1517 is an unknown quantity at this point
Daym dude that looks sick! You have to tell me your secret. How do you keep track of all the little screws and where everything goes?! I was thinking of getting like little platic bags and labeling everything. Or taking alot of pictures in case I forget where something goes or how it was hooked up previously. I envy you, man. Good job, really.

jeb1517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #87
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeb1517 View Post
Daym dude that looks sick! You have to tell me your secret. How do you keep track of all the little screws and where everything goes?! I was thinking of getting like little platic bags and labeling everything. Or taking alot of pictures in case I forget where something goes or how it was hooked up previously. I envy you, man. Good job, really.

im work on my car everyday so i remember where pretty much go...lol but yeah baggie works and labeling stuff so you know where they go.....

thanks bud!
Old 08-13-2009, 04:34 PM   #88
Choku_Dorian
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Choku_Dorian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
great thread and taking time to help other people out...good stuff

your tuck is incredible, if my chassis wasnt a rustbucket you would have motivated me to undertake this task with this thread.

now you may have motivated me to start looking for a clean coupe shell to do this in, im tired of the hatch...
Choku_Dorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 10:11 PM   #89
BoostSlideWayz
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
BoostSlideWayz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BoostSlideWayz Send a message via Yahoo to BoostSlideWayz
Dam this confuses me so much. I dont understand how your supposed to keep track of every wire. So.... if im doing a track build. where i wont need any of the smog equipment.. or AC, or anything that makes the car more confurtable.. can i take alot of the sensors off ?? im still trying ti figure this all out.
Old 08-15-2009, 11:18 PM   #90
hpipro4
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostSlideWayz View Post
Dam this confuses me so much. I dont understand how your supposed to keep track of every wire. So.... if im doing a track build. where i wont need any of the smog equipment.. or AC, or anything that makes the car more confurtable.. can i take alot of the sensors off ?? im still trying ti figure this all out.
theres not much sensors to removed but lots and lotsa wires...i mean lotzzz!!!!i live in cali so smog is a biggie since this was my daily n will be my daily soon...

goodluck