Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:05 AM   #31
DayTex

Trader Rating: (0)
DayTex is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Holy hell, that vh turbo setup looks rowdy!
Old 12-27-2017, 11:09 AM   #32
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
"melted down some wheels, cast a mold and machined sub frame bushings out of it." dude that is fucking rad.

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:07 AM   #33
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bring more shitboxes up here next time you come up. All trash up here.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 12:38 PM   #34
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
lathe in the bedroom and the hand casted subframe booooshings are hands down the coolest thing ever to happen on zilvia.

a random Miata appearance was a nice touch too. kinda makes me miss my NB.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:23 PM   #35
w1zeman
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
w1zeman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Interested to see how your hood comes out. Im also vh swapped and would love to see how someone with your skills solves the issue. Ive got a 00 mustang gt style hood scoop riveted to my hood for the time being.
w1zeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 08:29 PM   #36
slidewayz240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
slidewayz240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My Simple RB25 Hatch build. Now VH45de-tt with Miata guest appearances.

wow, it has been a good long time since I updated this thread.

I spent a lot of time screwing around with my miata, making it a stupid but fun car. I found a deal on some prelude lambo door hinges, so I cut them up and made them to fit.

The house My roomate and I were living in got sold, so we had to move everything. We held one last tire changing party before I moved everything in to my new shop space.

In order for the car to sit as low as I wanted it to, I had to have the springs drooped and it rode like shit. I solved this issue by raising the shock towers 6 inches in the front and rear, then tubbing the front inner fenders for clearance.

I then set the engine in to check clearances before paint, and made some metal fender flares to fit the extended upper and lower control arms.

Primed and painted

I put everything together and the head gasket immediately went bad. I sold all the 1.6 turbo stuff and put a 13b out of a 88 rx7 into it.

then did burnouts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkSurFYapeY

With the miata happy and running it was finally time to dive back into the vh45de-tt. I decided I didn't like the turbo placement, and that tube fronts don't belong on street cars. So I cut the front off and put on an oem front clip. I added a removable center section so it was easier to put the engine in and out.

Somewhere in there I got a vented hood from my buddy Luke at SRZ Performance in Myrtle Beach, and cut it up to make it fit over the intake manifold.

I added a vent off a BMW to the low pressure area at the base of the windshield for some more venting

Ordered in some stainless to make proper manifolds with

New manifolds completed with custom oval tubing down pipes because clearance issues EVERYWHERE.

Oval tubing under the car for ground clearance.

Started working on new fender tubs for the new setup.

Made smooth headlight pockets and ducting for the radiator

That gets us about caught up. The passenger's fender tub should be done by the end of the week. Once the major fab work is done I can pull the engine out and weld in all the extra holes and start body work on the engine bay. Its been a bit over two years with lots of distractions, but it's getting really close to being finished.

I know this has been a miata heavy post, but here is one last picture from the drift event in Myrtle last weekend. I promise mostly s13 content in the next post.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #37
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Another revived build thread! Thank you, I needed reading material at work!