Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #1
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Wink PYRAMID SCHEMES!! Zurvita: Zeal For Life and Vemma: VERVE

For those of you who have ever been pulled into those pyramid scheme businesses like selling Avon, water bottle filters, etc...

Hey guys,

So this is my second time being invited to one of those "pyramid scheme" side jobs. Not exactly sure if they really ARE pyramid schemes, but they are a business that wants to recruit a whole bunch of people to try and spread awareness and sales of the product.

A lot of you may be familiar with this, a lot of you not. I was first introduced to Zurvita Zeal For Life by this guy from my local church. Brought the "product" with him to his friend's house (who is a neighbor of my mom's) and gave me a sample to try. Showed me the typical video to try to get you pumped and persuaded. Then talked about the "free car" deal. As long as you buy the special Gold Pack for $$$, you'll be on your way to making that money

Smh.

Well, I decided to try it out. The thing is, is that the $500 package of "product" was purchased by ANOTHER guy who lived in the neighborhood who was also participating in this Zeal For Life product, and he decided that he would let me hold on to it for me to try and "share" the product with anyone I knew. Well, after trying to talk to several members of my family, none of who was interested, I gave up. And then several weeks pass and I decide to tell my mom's close friend about it, without telling them what I was trying to get them into. I basically told them some guy would call them and tell them about what I was involved with. Nothing about selling anything so they wouldn't be defensive about it. And so, the guy from my church, who originally showed me the product first, gave them a call. Supposedly he went to their house and showed them the product and said that they were "interested." The guy from my church called ME up and said "Good referral, they seem to be interested" etc. And after that, I pretty much stopped trying to sell the product. Gave up. I actually never sold even ONE bottle of that product to anyone. I don't even think my mom's friends got into it. Otherwise I would've known about it. And from then on, I never heard from the guy from my church. It's a really long story, he was very friendly in fact, but he was also really into trying to spread awareness. He was really dedicated to helping me, but I just never got good "referrals." So anyways, after all that waste of time worrying about who I was going to try to recruit, I told myself I would never deal with that shit again.

Fast forward to today. A girl from my high school who I've never really talked to much contacted me through Facebook yesterday saying that she was going to be at my school today (SDSU) and had a buddy who "started something that is becoming popular in other universities" and that she would tell me about it later...sounds a lot like what I told my mom's friends when I was involved with Zurvita...I just needed to text her back and meet her where this mystery meeting was going to be held. So, I abided and decided to go to see what this was going to be about to support whatever she was doing because I tend to do that with people :P I try to help peeps out. I honestly didn't think anything of it. Thought it might be the start of a new club or something.

And then the meeting time starts. And when I see the main guy open up Quicktime and open a video that is paused in the beginning with the tile of a cheesy "inspirational" phrase, I realize what this is about. And I'm thinking, "Shit." lmao. So I sit there smiling, pretending that I am oblivious to what is going on. By the way, there are about 15 other people in the room, a few of who were also "newcomers" like me who had no idea what they were about to be shown. I feel bad for the black guy sitting a few feet from me because while everyone who is already a part of this business scheme has a positive vibe, he is sitting there trying to fake a smile wondering what the hell is going on, whehter this shit is real or too good to be true. Lol. So, this meeting is basically like me watching a rerun of Zurvita Zeal for Life. Business you've NEVER heard of, claiming it is going to be at the billion mark in a few years, join today or REGRET it, FREE BMW and MERCEDES car once you make so and so profit you know, all the bullshit. Sorry, but that's what I have to say about it. Oh yeah, and this guy in the video even mentions "the five words he hates:" "Too good to be true." Lmao. Well, it's the truth isn't it?? SOME people, I'm sure, will be able to do that, but not EVERYONE who joins this business scheme. The rest of them are all pawns. The people who are already in this business schemes are just people who seem to be really good at persuading. Unless they're dealing with someone who has already been through this. Like me.

Anyways, after the video is done, a few of the people who have already been a part of this business for awhile get up and share their "stories." Every time the person up there says something that is JUST a bit inspirational, all the "members" start clapping and acting all positive and excited and shit lol. They were basically acting. It was so ridiculous!! Lol! And after every "inspirational" sentence that one of the "members" brought up, one of the guys kept saying, "Let's go! >" like one of those pumped up rappers XD it was so damn cheesy.

So after the speakers are done, one girl tries to tell me how awesome it will be and everything, tells stories, etc. And then I reveal to her that I have already been a part of something very close to this. And does this stop her from trying to persuade me? No. So anyways, cut to the chase, I say "I'll have to think about it" and then she comes back with "Well, if you wait, you'll lose out" and "the longer you wait, the more other people will take your spot. Timing is key to business." And I'm like "Okay! Thank you!" And then I notice how her face turns from this face to :| lmao. And when I leave, one of the MAIN guys walks with me out the door, closes it, and talks to me about what I thought. I tell him my opinion, and then he looks a bit alarmed. And he says "Look, you can't tell anyone about this." And then I'm thinking, wait what? I can tell whoever the f*** I want! lmao. But then he says why. "Because it'll hurt your chances in the business and those people will get to the top before you." And then I'm like wooooww, okay. At first I thought he didn't want me to tell anyone of the bullshit experience I just went through :P well, here I am doing it on Zilvia. And he also explains that he "gave very specific training to ______" <--( insert name of the girl who tried to recruit me here). "Tips" he couldn't share unless I became a part of the business. And he also claimed that because two people joined just now, they just made $400 on the spot. Lmao. Awesome. So then that black guy I was telling you guys about earlier is about to come out with a packet full of information about the Verve energy drink (yes, I got this thick-ass packet for Zurvita as well) and as he comes out the main guy I'm talking to places his attention on the black guy because he obviously lost out on me. "Well, thank you!" I say, and then I leave.

Whew. Anyways, this story was honestly cut short. lol. I just want to say, I feel very sorry for the people who join these little business schemes. Claiming that you will regret it in a few years because of how successful the business will be in a few years. It's just so ridiculous. I REALLY want to see how either of these two businesses (Zurvita and Verve) will be doing in a couple of years from now. I'd like to see this thread revived in a few years when they become a billion dollar business. L.O.L.

Anyone else on here ever been through b.s. like this before?

P.S. here's a link to a funny thread I found searching up Vemma Verve:

Is this whole "Verve" energy drink thing a pyramid scheme? | IGN Boards

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
I've been through meetings like that when I was younger and decided after all the bullshit they fed to me, I decided that I'd rather work for my money rather than take someone else's money. There are just some people who are just good at selling a product that it becomes their way of living.

At one point my friend and I were invited to hang out with some guys and chill at Gordon Biersch in Mission Valley. So we hung out and we were surprised because one guy drove a clean s30 with deep dish ssr mesh and the other guy drove his r35. I thought hey new car guys to know. Low and behold they tried to sell us into joining whatever pyramid scheme they were in. I drank my beer and left.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:15 AM   #3
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0nderbr3ad View Post
I've been through meetings like that when I was younger and decided after all the bullshit they fed to me, I decided that I'd rather work for my money rather than take someone else's money. There are just some people who are just good at selling a product that it becomes their way of living.

At one point my friend and I were invited to hang out with some guys and chill at Gordon Biersch in Mission Valley. So we hung out and we were surprised because one guy drove a clean s30 with deep dish ssr mesh and the other guy drove his r35. I thought hey new car guys to know. Low and behold they tried to sell us into joining whatever pyramid scheme they were in. I drank my beer and left.
Yeah, you're right about that some-people-being-good-at-selling thing. But lol, glad to know I'm not the only one on here who's been through this and realized how sad it is.

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:52 AM   #4
xBandiTx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
xBandiTx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You realize network marketing (The profession all these companies are considered) is the highest paying profession in the world right? Higher than sports and any career school gives you. Ionno bout other companies but I personally am involved in Vemma. If you think its a Pyramid scheme I wanna know if you know what that even is? Vemma has a A+ rating with the better business bureau ( A organization made by the government to regulate businesses) as well as has our every drink verve Endorsed by Michael Jordan himself. He made it the official health & wellness product of the Charlotte Bobcats, its also the Official energy drink of the NBA Phoenix Suns & NWBA Phoenix Mercury, before it was involved with any of those companies the NBA itself personally sent 18 lawyers to break apart our company and came to the conclusion it was a legitimate business and not a pyramid scheme or scam like most people like to consider these things.

Now you stated you dont want to be taking peoples money or something like that. You realize your job is doing the same thing from you without even giving you the respect to truely earn your potential. Now I'm not going to try n get you in because its obvious you just don't want to be apart of this type of profession which is 100% ok. Network marketing isnt for everyone.

So like I said as far as VEMMA goes, its a legitimate company that does make legitimate money. Actually we make residuals passive income, which is the best type of income available because its the least taxed and constantly grows regardless if your working or not. I'm not trying to disrespect you st all I'm just clarifying your statement that's saying these company are schemes.

PS: Verve has been on the Dr.Oz show, E.T. MTV news, and fox news quite a few times.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:16 AM   #5
7x13
Leaky Injector

7x13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Old High School "friend" is swallowed up in this.
The whole VEMMA/Verve thing.

Seen the and read the facts.

Personally I'd rather work hard for what I got than take the easy route.

Free BMW/Benz is a perk but after how long?

I can get a BMW no prob. E30 ftw.
7x13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:18 PM   #6
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
lol I remember when I got invited to a pyramid scheme and the first thing they showed me on the screen was a image of a MLM structure that resembled a step-pyramid.
imotion s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:59 PM   #7
innovation
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
innovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really niceinnovation is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
T.L.D.R?

Actually I read a bit of it, I just found it somewhat hard to follow. The O.P. needs to take some English composition classes.
innovation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBandiTx View Post
You realize network marketing (The profession all these companies are considered) is the highest paying profession in the world right? .
lol no dude...

just.. no.
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

imotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to beholdimotion s14 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Vemma has a A+ rating with the better business bureau ( A organization made by the government to regulate businesses)
BBB is not a government agency with the power to regulate anything, they don't have the power to do diddly squat in fact (other than give you a letter grade.)

oh you're 21...

Old 09-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Reminds me of that asian guy from Pain & Gain lol
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamg View Post
lol no dude...

just.. no.
Top Ten Lists :: Highest Paying Jobs
The 10 Highest-Paid Jobs in America - US News and World Report
Old 09-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
hatchtastic
Zilvia Member

hatchtastic is an unknown quantity at this point
Alright OP im going to try to keep this as simple as i possibly can and explain to you what is real. I think you judgment is just misguided because of your lack of knowledge as well as, from what it sounds like, attending a presentation where the presenter has a lot to work to do on himself.

With that being said Network marketing is one of the best industry's to be in, especially these days. Everything now is performances based meaning, you either preform or you get canned. This industry is no different from that except you just don't earn a paycheck. It is also not about selling a product. Somewhere along the line in the mid 90's people forgot that. The job of a distributor is simply to collect a decision by providing enough information about the company, the product(s) and the compensation plan for people to do so. These companies have been trying to re-invent the wheel and in turn completely left out the basics. Instead of giving people the necessary information that they need to make an educated decision all they are doing is trying to hype people up and get people to join off of emotion rather than knowledge.

In order to build a large organization you have to have a process that your average Joe can duplicate. If you don't your business as an individual will fail very quickly. The majority of presentations are not done in this way, especially the one that you described. What ends up happening with that is in order for you do be successful at all you would continuously have to sponsor people, and you will end up with a bunch of people that are not active or dropped out like you did before because they cannot duplicate the process.

What I'm getting at is there are ways for virtually anyone to be be successful in network marketing, you just have to get involved with the right people that can teach you the right things to do.

I honestly could go on into further detail a lot longer than i care to admit lol. I hope i at least changed your view on things even slightly and if you have any questions i would be happy to answer them. good luck
hatchtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:12 PM   #13
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchtastic View Post
Alright OP im going to try to keep this as simple as i possibly can and explain to you what is real. I think you judgment is just misguided because of your lack of knowledge as well as, from what it sounds like, attending a presentation where the presenter has a lot to work to do on himself.

With that being said Network marketing is one of the best industry's to be in, especially these days. Everything now is performances based meaning, you either preform or you get canned. This industry is no different from that except you just don't earn a paycheck. It is also not about selling a product. Somewhere along the line in the mid 90's people forgot that. The job of a distributor is simply to collect a decision by providing enough information about the company, the product(s) and the compensation plan for people to do so. These companies have been trying to re-invent the wheel and in turn completely left out the basics. Instead of giving people the necessary information that they need to make an educated decision all they are doing is trying to hype people up and get people to join off of emotion rather than knowledge.

In order to build a large organization you have to have a process that your average Joe can duplicate. If you don't your business as an individual will fail very quickly. The majority of presentations are not done in this way, especially the one that you described. What ends up happening with that is in order for you do be successful at all you would continuously have to sponsor people, and you will end up with a bunch of people that are not active or dropped out like you did before because they cannot duplicate the process.

What I'm getting at is there are ways for virtually anyone to be be successful in network marketing, you just have to get involved with the right people that can teach you the right things to do.

I honestly could go on into further detail a lot longer than i care to admit lol. I hope i at least changed your view on things even slightly and if you have any questions i would be happy to answer them. good luck

You made your argument in the same was as you are arguing is bad.

Show me the data.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #14
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

Sounds like a pyramid scheme...
Old 09-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #15
hatchtastic
Zilvia Member

honestly it wont matter what i tell either of you. i can tell this simply that your minds are so fucked up you will never be rich, and im not talking just about money. i really feel bad for you. good luck
Old 09-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #16
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
This industry is no different from that except you just don't earn a paycheck.
I would say this statement is true.
Quote:
based on Mona Vie's own 2007 income disclosure statement "fewer than 1 percent qualified for commissions and of those, only 10 percent made more than $100 a week."
MonaVie Acai Juice: Cure-All or Marketing Scheme? - Newsweek and The Daily Beast
Quote:
While earning potential varies by company and sales ability, DSA says the median annual income for those in direct sales is $2,400.
USATODAY.com
Quote:
It can be very difficult, if not impossible, for most individuals to make a lot of money through the direct sale of products to consumers. And big money is what recruiters often allude to in their pitches."
Quote:
Roland Whitsell, a former business professor who spent 40 years researching and teaching the pitfalls of multilevel marketing": "You'd be hard-pressed to find anyone making over $1.50 an hour, (t)he primary product is opportunity. The strongest, most powerful motivational force today is false hope."
Multilevel marketing or 'pyramid?' Sales people find it hard to earn much - USATODAY.com
Quote:
It is also not about selling a product.
Which is why it is a scam. Anything that survives on recruiting more people is a pyramid scheme. If the people dry up the revenue dries up. Any legitimate business should be able to achieve homeostasis.
Pyramid scheme - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quote:
The job of a distributor is simply to collect a decision by providing enough information about the company, the product(s) and the compensation plan for people to do so.
Distributor? Do you mean the person interested in the "job"?

Quote:
These companies have been trying to re-invent the wheel and in turn completely left out the basics. Instead of giving people the necessary information that they need to make an educated decision all they are doing is trying to hype people up and get people to join off of emotion rather than knowledge.
This is what con men do. Get you to get invested based on emotion not logic.

Quote:
Which it is why it is a pyramid scheme.

Quote:
There are good MLMs that actually focus on selling products. The products serve a purpose.

Quote:
Learn More About the Company

Find — and study — the company’s track record. Do an internet search with the name of the company and words like review, scam, or complaint. Look through several pages of search results. You also may want to look for articles about the company in newspapers, magazines, or online. Find out:

how long the company has been in business

whether it has a positive reputation for customer satisfaction

what the buzz is about the company and its product on blogs and websites

whether the company has been sued for deceptive business practices

Check with your state Attorney General for complaints about any company you’re considering, although a lack of complaints doesn’t guarantee that a company is legitimate.
Quote:
Evaluate the Plan

Don’t pay or sign a contract in an “opportunity meeting.” Take your time to think over your decision. Your investment requires real money, so don’t rush into it without doing some research first.

Ask your sponsor for the terms and conditions of the plan, including:

the compensation structure

your potential expenses

support for claims about how much money you can make

the name and contact information of someone at the company who can answer your questions
Quote:
Ask Questions

Ask your sponsor and other distributors tough questions, and dig for details. Don’t consider it nosy or intrusive: you are on a mission to check out a potential business deal that will require your money and your time.

Their responses can help you detect false claims about the amount of money you may make and whether the business is a pyramid scheme. Here are some questions to ask before making any decisions:

How many people have you recruited?

How long have you been in the business?

How much time did you spend last year on the business?

How much money did you make last year — that is, your income and bonuses, less your expenses?

What were your expenses last year, including money you spent on training and buying products?

What percentage of your sales were made to distributors?

How much product did you sell to distributors?

What are your annual sales of the product?

What percentage of the money you’ve made — income and bonuses less your expenses — came from recruiting other distributors and selling them inventory or other items to get started?

It’s important to get a complete picture of how the plan works: not just how much money distributors make, but also how much time and money they spend on the plan, how long it takes before they’re earning money, and how big a downline is needed to make money. One sign of a pyramid scheme is if distributors sell more product to other distributors than to the public — or if they make more money from recruiting than they do from selling.
Multilevel Marketing | BCP Business Center
Old 09-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #17
hatchtastic
Zilvia Member

every network marketing company has the same purpose. there is no good or bad ones. if they are legal this means that they have be evaluated to have a product that meets or exceeds the value of which it is being sold for. people twist things around in every way possible to make things seem horrid or dishonest. if they were dishonest they would not be in business, period. I have been very successful and still am in this industry and almost every person that i have personally sponsored has been as well. this is because i show people what is real and i do not sell people on hype. kinda like i just explained. calling something a pyramid scheme because you do not like or agree with the product is ignorant. and there are no MLM's that focus more on selling products. if that was the case they would not be an MLM. instead any sale that is made has to come from a distributor, in other words they have to pay a commission to someone in order for a product to be sold.

but whatever this is a retarded argument with no ending what-so-ever. people's opinion on this simply comes from THEIR lack of success not from the company being a scam. Its kinda the same as if you google a chiropractor. Does a chiropractor's work make a difference, absolutely, its just body mechanics, but if you look on google they are the biggest witch doctors on the planet.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #18
uraznfriend
Zilvia Junkie

uraznfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You realize network marketing (The profession all these companies are considered) is the highest paying profession in the world right? Higher than sports and any career school gives you. Ionno bout other companies but I personally am involved in Vemma. If you think its a Pyramid scheme I wanna know if you know what that even is? Vemma has a A+ rating with the better business bureau ( A organization made by the government to regulate businesses) as well as has our every drink verve Endorsed by Michael Jordan himself. He made it the official health & wellness product of the Charlotte Bobcats, its also the Official energy drink of the NBA Phoenix Suns & NWBA Phoenix Mercury, before it was involved with any of those companies the NBA itself personally sent 18 lawyers to break apart our company and came to the conclusion it was a legitimate business and not a pyramid scheme or scam like most people like to consider these things.

Now you stated you dont want to be taking peoples money or something like that. You realize your job is doing the same thing from you without even giving you the respect to truely earn your potential. Now I'm not going to try n get you in because its obvious you just don't want to be apart of this type of profession which is 100% ok. Network marketing isnt for everyone.

So like I said as far as VEMMA goes, its a legitimate company that does make legitimate money. Actually we make residuals passive income, which is the best type of income available because its the least taxed and constantly grows regardless if your working or not. I'm not trying to disrespect you st all I'm just clarifying your statement that's saying these company are schemes.

PS: Verve has been on the Dr.Oz show, E.T. MTV news, and fox news quite a few times.
explain to me since your part of this "company" your still driving an S-chassis if I made as much money as they claim I would be dumping all my money on a real sports car.

p.s. I don't think referencing Fox News or MTV helps your case
Old 09-14-2013, 07:57 AM   #19
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

but whatever this is a retarded argument with no ending what-so-ever. people's opinion on this simply comes from THEIR lack of success not from the company being a scam. Its kinda the same as if you google a chiropractor. Does a chiropractor's work make a difference, absolutely, its just body mechanics, but if you look on google they are the biggest witch doctors on the planet.
Maybe if all a Chiropractor does is go around recruiting other chiropractors and collecting "opportunity fees".
Old 09-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #20
Chaluska
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
Chaluska is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
www.youtube.com/embed/Ep3pO7X7fEQ

^^just watch that
Old 09-14-2013, 09:03 AM   #21
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Makes me want to start an MLM company now.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #22
redline racer510
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
redline racer510 is on the path to ruinredline racer510 is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Some body tried to drag me into this via conference call. If it is so successful why recruit, why not just keep all the money for your self and keep it a secret? I have seen many people burn there hard earned dollars trying to prop- up their pyramid scheme business only to destroy their entire lives(broke,divorced,homeless). Be very weary of these companies, the old saying too good to be true still applies.
Old 09-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #23
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
This SHIT is blowing up my Facebook and Instagram feed.

1. Its annoying, I don't post about how much money I make at my job or post inspirational quotes about not giving up referring to the "pyramid scheme"
2. I usually find college students relying that this will make them rich. So why are you still in college?
3. I have never tried any pyramid scheme because I would rather throw money in my 401k or stocks.

Personally if you can make it work GREAT. But for 99% of people it probably won't because they don't have all day to blow up peoples Social Media inboxes trying to recruit. It's extremely funny when girls try to "flirt" their way into getting you to go to a meeting.

For most college/hard work is the key to SUCCESS.

/rant.
Old 09-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #24
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Old 09-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #25
xBandiTx
Zilvia Member

xBandiTx is an unknown quantity at this point
network marketing isnt a job, lol Its a lifestyle. You should read Business of the 21st century by Robert Kiyasaki. Someone who grew up believing he needed school to be rich but got shown the truth by his best friends dad that he didnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imotion s14 View Post
BBB is not a government agency with the power to regulate anything, they don't have the power to do diddly squat in fact (other than give you a letter grade.)

oh you're 21...

You obviously dont know what your talking about, the BBB is run by the Government

Quote:

Yupp

Quote:
Originally Posted by uraznfriend View Post
explain to me since your part of this "company" your still driving an S-chassis if I made as much money as they claim I would be dumping all my money on a real sports car.

p.s. I don't think referencing Fox News or MTV helps your case
You know some people arent materialistic right? Im not going to act like im something I'm not, Im making More than a $400+ a week in this company residually. Im saving up to buy a GTR next summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse_s13 View Post
This SHIT is blowing up my Facebook and Instagram feed.

1. Its annoying, I don't post about how much money I make at my job or post inspirational quotes about not giving up referring to the "pyramid scheme"
2. I usually find college students relying that this will make them rich. So why are you still in college?
3. I have never tried any pyramid scheme because I would rather throw money in my 401k or stocks.

Personally if you can make it work GREAT. But for 99% of people it probably won't because they don't have all day to blow up peoples Social Media inboxes trying to recruit. It's extremely funny when girls try to "flirt" their way into getting you to go to a meeting.

For most college/hard work is the key to SUCCESS.

/rant.
you realize 401K gets taxed just as much as a regular paycheck right? Stocks are ok to invest in but it doesnt really prove you know anything about money, its more of a chance. It can work and it has of course, but it also can make alotta people loose money.

Now of course you can argue the same about network marketing but in the end its all on your personal choice. Id rather invest in network marketing because its based on what I do myself, stocks is just a coin flip.

You dont need a degree to be successful, Forbes magazine considered higher education a pyramid scheme because of student loan debt and the fact that 30% of students graduating with a B.A are getting jobs started at $30K a year, keep in mind the average student loan debt is roughly $25K.

No matter what you think about network marketing you dont have to be invovled in it. If your fine with a original income( which is taxed 40%-60% of YOUR effort) Thats fine...network marketing isnt for everyone because not everyone is willing to take the risks and do what it takes to make it. Also if everyone was in network marketing nothing would get done lol.

so i have no hate towards anyone speaking negatively on NM, but to say its a scam, pyramid scheme, ponzi scheme, etc. is just ignorant. If your wanna go to school and get a job do so thats completely fine, network marketing just allows you to build a Residual Passive income (Google what that means) while you do go to school or work your job .
Old 09-18-2013, 08:09 PM   #26
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
You realize network marketing (The profession all these companies are considered) is the highest paying profession in the world right? .
Quote:
network marketing isnt a job, lol Its a lifestyle.
profession - definition of profession by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Job - definition of Job by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
lifestyle - definition of lifestyle by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Quote:
You should read Business of the 21st century by Robert Kiyasaki. Someone who grew up believing he needed school to be rich but got shown the truth by his best friends dad that he didnt.
Nice stories and antidotes. More motivational then helpful information.

Quote:
You obviously dont know what your talking about, the BBB is run by the Government
BBB is an NPO. Is this some conspiracy shit?

Quote:
you realize 401K gets taxed just as much as a regular paycheck right?
I better stop my Roth contributions right now!
401(k) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 09-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #27
dudermagee
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
dudermagee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
lolkids
I remember those dumb infomercials when I was growing up.
Then I went to school and got a job.
dudermagee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #28
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
You know some people arent materialistic right? Im not going to act like im something I'm not, Im making More than a $400+ a week
Wait...

$400 a week.

Not $400 an hour.

Not $4,000 a week.

But.... $400 a week?

You can make more than that in 4 hours giving "massages" on craigslist.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #29
imotion s14
Zilvia Addict

Deconstructing Robert Kiyosaki - The Simple Dollar

Robert Kiyosaki got rich by duping fools to buy his get rich quick books.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #30
uraznfriend
Zilvia Junkie

uraznfriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

You know some people arent materialistic right? Im not going to act like im something I'm not, Im making More than a $400+ a week in this company residually. Im saving up to buy a GTR next summer.

if im working full time at my job I make a bit over $400 a week too. damn watch out zilvia xBandiTx and I are getting GTRs next summer!!