Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > North Western States

North Western States Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.

Old 03-07-2016, 01:08 PM   #31
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
That's right pimp, fight the good fight....lol

I hear you. I know of one person living down there and on my few trips to Portland, I have been through there, but it freaks me out every time.

What's funny is that I'm probably closer to Vancouver BC than I am to Vancouver WA....lol
That's okay, Vancouver BC is cooler anyways!
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2016, 03:57 PM   #32
AlteredRPS13

Trader Rating: (0)
AlteredRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wenatchee here.
AlteredRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:19 AM   #33
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oh shucks, more WA peeps are showing up. Is it a 'summer time' thing? lol

What's up guys?
Old 03-10-2016, 10:56 PM   #34
AlteredRPS13

AlteredRPS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Summer time? It was snowing around here yesterday lol. I usually don't post but I came across this thread when I was on here to look for some parts for my 240.
AlteredRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #35
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteredRPS13 View Post
Summer time? It was snowing around here yesterday lol. I usually don't post but I came across this thread when I was on here to look for some parts for my 240.
lol... Ouch man.
I moved from the East coast to get away from the 'crack from the sky', so that is the last thing I want to hear. Every time I see 'snow', I some how end up in the fetal position mumbling "It's so cold!!!" .....lol

Regardless, I'm sticking to my belief that the WA 240sx peeps are coming out just like the SUN....

What parts are you looking for?
Old 04-13-2016, 03:50 AM   #36
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Puyallup. Don't die, PNW thread! lol
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:21 AM   #37
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Welcome pimp.

I'm trying man, I'm trying....lol

I read your 'build' thread and I didn't know about PWN_INC. Wish my Nissans were good enough to join....lol
Old 04-13-2016, 06:54 PM   #38
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
keep hope alive
Old 04-13-2016, 07:38 PM   #39
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Well it's summer time so more people are showing up.

That's the hope anyway.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:01 PM   #40
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I just found out about PNW_INC, are there any members in here?
Old 04-14-2016, 08:53 AM   #41
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah, I hope too. There's a big Nissan/Infiniti following at least. As far as PNW_INC is concerned, I joined a few years ago and it's declined to a strange, semi active group nowadays. There's still guys that go to shows and meets and stuff, but a lot are apart of other groups, etc. When I joined it was a lot more like a 'crew' or 'car club/group' but it's lost that. It lost almost all the organized aspect of things, and now they rarely accept people and do things as a whole. We used to pack Nissan Fest, with 30+ cars and win majority of awards and take up a ton of show space. Not anymore though. So, we'll see, hopefully this summer they can get back on track, there needs to be more 240s in the group, its mainly all G35s and 350s, followed by G37s and 370s. I'm a part of so many groups I just pick and choose who I go cruise with, and it's usually just a good group of 'south end' guys and we do whatever, pizza, beer, cruise to Alki, etc. There needs to be a new group that cares who joins, but not to the point of obsession, just enough to keep the idiots out, but that is well organized and everyone can have fun / enjoy

on a side note.. I can't wait to come back to the states and play with cars. LOL
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 09:18 AM   #42
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Damn, it really seems as if I missed the good ole days of mature, organized meets and cruises.

I went to their facebook page and those are all of the cars I saw, Z's and G's galore, so I was thinking of finding a way to join just to mix it up a bit. A boosted sentra (reasons) and the S14 that I am resurrecting. Another reason for wanting to join are the quality of the builds on there and the lack of rolled, pulled, stretch, extra wide body, 12" wide tire cars. All of them were clean and very well built.

But hearing that it's going down hill really sucks because that is the kind of 'team' I would try to create or join.

Everyone is older and can't tolerate the stupidity of most of the younger crowd or have the time to meet up, but it's cool to meet and talk to people who truly love cars and TRUE car enthusiasts.

Plus a small cruise to where ever with a line of 'friends' is calming to me.

Hopes and dreams I guess.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:02 AM   #43
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

chris_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Lynnwood here. I work in Redmond and frequent the Bothell/Mill Creek area so I'm pretty close to most of you guys. I might have seen you driving around before for all I know, I catch the odd s chassis here and there.

I think I missed the days of the cool meet ups too. I've been in the area about 1.5 years. So by that time NWN was dead and all that. Could be for the better though, most of the meets or events I've gone to here I got bored at within 30 min. Same stuff you guys are talking about, I can't handle all the hoonibro kids with purposely busted cars. I mostly just keep to myself and a couple friends now a focus more on drift days.
chris_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:47 AM   #44
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Wud up Chris (No Kris Kross rap song pun intended....lol)? Welcome to WA.

I used to live up in Bothell (near Trashers corner) and worked in Redmond as well, but decided to live closer to work. I hardly drive the 240, so you might have seen the other WA peeps.

It's funny how we have the same thoughts about meets, younglings, hoonigan stuff. It must be an age thing.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #45
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Joel, did you ever get that steering rack in yet?
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:20 AM   #46
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Joel, did you ever get that steering rack in yet?
Not yet man. I'm still cramped for time and space.

I am getting the coilovers installed this saturday at a friend's house, but it's not ideal and his wife doesn't like it too much, so I can't take too long and can't make a mess. So that killed the idea of installing the steering rack there.

I'll update the build thread with the slow and small progress I made with the car. Taking the tint off was/IS a BYTCH....lol
Old 04-14-2016, 01:07 PM   #47
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Wud up Chris (No Kris Kross rap song pun intended....lol)? Welcome to WA.

I used to live up in Bothell (near Trashers corner) and worked in Redmond as well, but decided to live closer to work. I hardly drive the 240, so you might have seen the other WA peeps.

It's funny how we have the same thoughts about meets, younglings, hoonigan stuff. It must be an age thing.

Haha thanks man. I used to live in Bothell too, pretty near that same area.

Ah, gotcha. Same here. I don't drive mine very often since I work early, it's loud, and I try to be a decent neighbor. Maybe once the car is fixed and the weather is nicer I'll drive it more often.

It must be. I remember going to the same kind of stuff and enjoying it not too long ago. Maybe I just got bitter and jaded haha.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:47 PM   #48
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Well be thankful that you had the opportunity to. While living on the East coast, I was too broke to have a decent car, but now that I'm here and have 'ok' cars, all of the enthusiasts are hidden.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why, but it's just a little saddening, that's all. Especially when you see all the other regional sections jumping.

I wouldn't call it being bitter or jaded, I call it having taste.....lol. The last meet I went to had a s2000 that could barely turn because it would rub INSIDE the fender which was mangled beyond repair. I facepalmed, took out my keys and drove away because I refused to be near anything that STUPID.

I think that is why I'm trying to meet up with the older, tasteful WA peeps who are true car enthusiasts.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:54 PM   #49
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Haha that's what I like to tell myself, but my roommates tell me I'm super negative when we go to car shows and stuff. The last thing I went to was the Golden Gardens thing like a month ago. The guys with the puzzle piece cars from the DIW thread were there and most of the other cars weren't a ton better. There were a couple decent cars, but not enough that I felt like it was worth coming out for. I'm 50/50 on going to Nissanfest this weekend.

Organize it and see who comes out! My car is nothing special but I'd probably be down to come out once it's fixed.
Old 04-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #50
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

I don't think that I'm too negative, but when it's obvious, I try to walk away without saying anything.

The 'meet' at Dick's in Edmonds used to be ok for a few minutes, especially when the muscle guys come out, but that got closed down like the grocery store.

I don't think I'll be at NissanFest, but I'll be at the Griot's show on Sunday.

Your car can NOT be worse than mine.
What is wrong with your car anyway?
Old 04-14-2016, 05:11 PM   #51
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
I'm trying to kick start NissanPacific back to life, but not as a car forum or car club... more like a community. Social media has really killed off car forums, as far as car clubs / crews go the whole clique mentality is hard to manage when everyones out trying to do their own thing... All I can really do is take awesome photos and send them to sponsors... and hope people look towards NissanPacific as a reliable media outlet... or community. People have been gravitating towards it, I'm hoping for positive vibes as 2016 rolls through summer.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:18 PM   #52
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Haven't heard of that one.

That is what I am thinking as well, but you have to find a group of people with the same mind set and goals.
Old 04-15-2016, 07:30 AM   #53
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I don't think that I'm too negative, but when it's obvious, I try to walk away without saying anything.

The 'meet' at Dick's in Edmonds used to be ok for a few minutes, especially when the muscle guys come out, but that got closed down like the grocery store.

I don't think I'll be at NissanFest, but I'll be at the Griot's show on Sunday.

Your car can NOT be worse than mine.
What is wrong with your car anyway?

Yeah, I've stopped by Dick's once or twice, but I heard the police shut it down pretty quick now.

I have plans Sunday or else I would look into that. I haven't heard of the Griot's show before.

I have a bad ground somewhere that keeps blowing fuses. My dash is dead and my headlights don't work. Also, at the last drift day I got hit. I have an appointment to get it pulled out next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
I'm trying to kick start NissanPacific back to life, but not as a car forum or car club... more like a community. Social media has really killed off car forums, as far as car clubs / crews go the whole clique mentality is hard to manage when everyones out trying to do their own thing... All I can really do is take awesome photos and send them to sponsors... and hope people look towards NissanPacific as a reliable media outlet... or community. People have been gravitating towards it, I'm hoping for positive vibes as 2016 rolls through summer.
Yeah, I follow you on social media and see the NissanPacific pictures covering a bunch of stuff. I'm pretty sure you've even taken pictures of my car before.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #54
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Hey Chris, you need to stop drifting with people who can't drift.

I suck when it comes to wiring, otherwise I would have offered my help. I can have a drink in your honour though....lol

Where are you carrying your car to have the body repaired because I have a few dings and a horrific debaging that I would like to fix, but every where is charging an arm and a kidney.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:45 AM   #55
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Haha tell me about it. It was partly my fault, I spun while leading. In the video, though, it doesn't look like the chase driver even hit the brakes.

Drink away, sir!

I'm going to Mark 2 Collisions in Lynnwood. Right off Hwy 99. They've been really cool to me so far.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #56
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_240sx View Post
Yeah, I follow you on social media and see the NissanPacific pictures covering a bunch of stuff. I'm pretty sure you've even taken pictures of my car before.
Nice, what car do you drive out there? There's so many drivers these days.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:37 AM   #57
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Maroon zenki S14. Stock body. There is another guy with a similar car named Alex, but he drifts on z32 rears. I use s14 se wheels or my rear Volks if it's raining and I don't want to change wheels haha.
Old 04-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #58
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

How is Mark 2 Collisions on their pricing?
Old 04-15-2016, 10:14 AM   #59
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_240sx View Post
I'm going to Mark 2 Collisions in Lynnwood. Right off Hwy 99. They've been really cool to me so far.
That's the only place I take my car when I need bodywork. Great family business and their company car is a sweet modded GTR.

They can seem a little pricey at times. I was quoted just shy of $600 to paint match my Navan skirts and valances, but I also have a pearl white car. However, their work quality and professionalism is top notch.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 10:21 AM   #60
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

I'm happy with the pricing for my repair. I don't know how they compare to other shops, they were the first one I went to off the recommendation of another driver. If I were you I would stop by and get a quote.

Oh, I didn't know that! That's neat. I knew one of the employees drives pro-am, which is mostly why I went there.