Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-26-2017, 05:56 PM   #451
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
For speedometer in my s14 running a z33 trans behind my 1jz

Intelletronix GPS connected to a Dakota Digital Speedometer Adapter, wired to the stock gauge, I'd have to double check my settings but it works perfect. Pretty much spot on.

[/url]
Old 10-30-2017, 05:37 AM   #452
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
LuckyX2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Clem View Post
Here’s a picture for those looking to do the same. Also, this is on a JK40 370z trans so it has the extra bolt protrusion (I think) on the side I also cut down.
What's this about cutting down the bolt protrusion on a JK40? I just put a JK40 from a late model 350z into my SR20 S13 and didn't need to do that. It was a bitch getting in though. I got more room by lowering the engine crossmember, but after that, no clearance issues.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:42 AM   #453
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
There's a huge two bolt protrusion that you can chop off the bellhousing to gain some trans tunnel clearance cause it serves no purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:03 AM   #454
livelovesole
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
livelovesole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Where is everyone sourcing their cd009s from? Looking for one, but having no luck finding them.
livelovesole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:30 AM   #455
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovesole View Post
Where is everyone sourcing their cd009s from? Looking for one, but having no luck finding them.
Junk yards, www.car-part.com is a good site to search a bunch of yards. Or you can just buy a brand new CD00A. Z1motorsports and czp sell them for decent prices compared to going directly to Nissan.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #456
dru721
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
dru721 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by livelovesole View Post
I have 2 for sale if looking.
dru721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:33 PM   #457
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews

Good things takes time! SerialNine released a full kit! This is by far the best kit on the market. I don't want to flood this thread but you can check out more info here. http://www.tf-works.com/serialnine-z...dapter-system/

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #458
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My heart hurt when I realized that ^^ that kit is for JZ and not SR
Old 11-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #459
s15ca

Trader Rating: (0)
s15ca is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
will the 6 speed out of a 2007 g35 work? or only the transmissions from 03-06?
s15ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:02 AM   #460
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

07 is fine. Just keep in mind the bellhousing bolts are a little different and it has the internal slave. I used the Collins plate and a ZSpeed heavy duty slave in mine. The OEM slaves fail easily.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:16 AM   #461
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s15ca View Post
This depends on the kit and the engine.

For example with the Mazworx kit you can use any CD trans up to the current 370z since the front covers are all the same bolt pattern. The Mazworx kit also deletes the CD clutch assembly and you use all SR20 clutch components including clutch, pressure plate, pivot ball, clutch fork, throw out bearing, etc.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #462
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacotaco345 View Post
My heart hurt when I realized that ^^ that kit is for JZ and not SR
oh snap I didn't realize that! I thought it was for SR also.

prob a good thing, I didn't wanna spend a few $k more, this kit does look fantastic tho.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #463
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s15ca View Post
2007 was an odd year, the 07 Coupe was the older V35 chassis with CD00X trans, and the 07 Sedan was the newer V36 chassis with the JK40 trans.

So like @hanzbrady mention, it depends on the kit. The ones that replace the whole bell housing are probably fine. The adapter plate kits may or may not work.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:16 PM   #464
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
2007 was an odd year, the 07 Coupe was the older V35 chassis with CD00X trans, and the 07 Sedan was the newer V36 chassis with the JK40 trans.

So like @hanzbrady mention, it depends on the kit. The ones that replace the whole bell housing are probably fine. The adapter plate kits may or may not work.
The plates confirmed do not, the bolt pattern on the bell housing is completely different. Fun fact the 370z trans will actually bolt to the VR38 if you wanted an idea of the bolt pattern.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:31 PM   #465
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
mazworx are coming out with a frs/brz(fa20h4) to cd009 and 2jz to cd009 just like there sr to cd009

saw a video on there facebook page about it 2 weeks ago

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #466
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs14kouki View Post
mazworx are coming out with a frs/brz(fa20h4) to cd009 and 2jz to cd009 just like there sr to cd009

saw a video on there facebook page about it 2 weeks ago
I can confirm the FA20 to VQ adapter, that kit is currently in testing in a local car and last I heard the prototype bell housing was being sent off to be 3D scanned for casting but that was the last I heard before starting my job at Real Street.

The 2JZ to VQ adapter was something I always campaigned to get into production but sadly never seemed to be taken seriously so I'd be happy to see them finally making one.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:56 PM   #467
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
What's this about cutting down the bolt protrusion on a JK40? I just put a JK40 from a late model 350z into my SR20 S13 and didn't need to do that. It was a bitch getting in though. I got more room by lowering the engine crossmember, but after that, no clearance issues.
There is an extra bolt protrusion on the JK40’s that I don’t see when looking at a CD009. It’s not necessary to cut it down but it is only for clearance issues. The front two bolt protrusion is the one that is usually cut down, I just mentioned the other one that I had on my trans that I have never seen mentioned. Is it a problem? Probably not, but I wanted as much clearance everywhere that I could.
D-Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 07:58 PM   #468
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
I can confirm the FA20 to VQ adapter, that kit is currently in testing in a local car and last I heard the prototype bell housing was being sent off to be 3D scanned for casting but that was the last I heard before starting my job at Real Street.

The 2JZ to VQ adapter was something I always campaigned to get into production but sadly never seemed to be taken seriously so I'd be happy to see them finally making one.
The FA20 kits are already for sale on their site if anyone was interested, it just requires a LOT more work.
Old 11-15-2017, 08:01 PM   #469
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
For speedometer in my s14 running a z33 trans behind my 1jz

Intelletronix GPS connected to a Dakota Digital Speedometer Adapter, wired to the stock gauge, I'd have to double check my settings but it works perfect. Pretty much spot on.

[/url]
Thanks for sharing that this worked, I’m thinking of doing this as well and would be curious of your settings if you do check them. Curious about reception of the GP signal and antenna, have you ever had any drop outs or weird issues or has it been pretty solid? Where do you have yours mounted? I’d want to throw mine on the rear deck still inside the car.

Also, there was someone in this thread that stated the stock speedometer PPM and I thought that there was some argument that the common thinking was wrong and it was in fact 4000 or 8000PPM and you could use the Intellitronix without a Dakota Conveter because it supported those counts. Can anyone confirm or deny the actual factory speed sensor PPM speed? Someone preferably that’s actually had some hands on with it and confirmed that number to be accurate?
Old 11-15-2017, 10:29 PM   #470
LuckyX2
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
The plates confirmed do not, the bolt pattern on the bell housing is completely different. Fun fact the 370z trans will actually bolt to the VR38 if you wanted an idea of the bolt pattern.
Collins plate works. I just put a JK40 in my SR20 S13 two weeks ago with a Collins plate.

Autotech plate does NOT work. I cannot confirm or deny if the Maverick plate works, but I assume it does since they explicitly state compatibility for 07-09 JK40 and 09-13 370Z/G37 transmissions.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:40 PM   #471
s15ca

s15ca is an unknown quantity at this point
its from a 07 coupe, should be the same as the 06 cd009 (external slave, 03-06 bell housing) am i correct?
s15ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:48 AM   #472
ThehookerS13

ThehookerS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousmellfunnytoo View Post
I figured i'd toss in my 2 cents for my swap.
s13 - 1jz vvti - CD009 out of an '06 Z - Collins adapter - GKTech Shifter - ShaftMasters Drive shaft

The trans is definitely big for the s13 body, mine hangs below the frame rails even after a bunch of pounding. Car is pretty low, so its scrapping on things, but we shall see how it holds up.
Anyone else have this problem on their s13 with a jz? It seems the Sr/Ka guys sit farther forward and have better clearance, with the jz it’s hard to jam it all in there.
ThehookerS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #473
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Ok fellas, finally got my setup in my S14. I ended up in a time crunch to make an event on the 16th so I did not order a driveshaft from Shaftmasters like I originally was going to. I wasn’t sure it would work with the Mazworx bellhousing (their off the shelf one for SR-VQ) and was going to measure and have them make it. They told me 3 days and were very helpful. Even told me I’d probably prefer the steel for feel when I was willing to buy the aluminum. After getting it together and looking at everything, I’m 99.999% it would’ve worked and I could’ve saved over $100 there or even spent exactly $100 less and gotten aluminum. Is their quality as good as the PST one Mazworx sells? No idea, but I’m not a huge fan of the booger weld on the balance weight and spray paint for the cost of a 2.5” steel shaft but I’m nit picking there honestly. It’s a driveshaft, and a damn good quality one at that. Feels freaking solid and fits nice and snug, packaged well, etc. Anyway, I thought I’d share some pictures of my setup because I couldn’t find any pictures of this combo as far as fitment goes and I’ve got to say, the Mazworx bellhousing is the way to go for SR. I had 0 issues in the trans tunnel and it went right up. EXCEPT- and please tell me if I’m the only one that has this issue, but I have a JK40C and there is a little sensor on the left side right next to where the cross member bolts up and it was hitting my chassis. I used the Mazworx crossmember and had to modify it slightly (just beveled it a tiny bit with a flap disc) and the took the sensor to the belt sander and cut down the plug end of it but it worked. Oh and one other thing on the Mazworx crossmember. It appears that it’s designed to use a stock style mount(or nismo) and a flat block style mount (think P2M or ISR) will not fit. I took mine to the band saw and matched the angles of the crossmember, drilled two holes in it so I could bolt the mount to the crossmember first since the top of the bolts would’ve been impossible to get to and so now I can just use an Allen socket and bolt the mount/crossmember combo onto the trans using the P2M/ISR bolts just without the nuts because these trans are threaded. Other thing I want to note here, I ordered a Serial 9 shifter in August and was told they would be in stock that weekend... then another couple weeks, then another. It’s now December 5 and I canceled it. I originally thought the GKTech shifter didn’t fit in the hole and whatever else but after talking with Greg, he assured me I had just heard false info and he was correct. So here are some pictures of fitment of a SR/JK40C with Mazworx bellhousing, Mazworx crossmember modified for the circuit sport mount I already had, Mazworx supplied PST driveshaft (although not pictured) and GKTech shifter in a S14. Very very happy with the shifter and while I love the shifter adjustment setup of the Serial 9, waiting months and months for that after being told I’d have one a couple times is absurd. Hope this helps somebody! I also threw a picture of the ground clearance relative to the frame rails. It tucks up very nicely except for that one little section but it’s not bad at all.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:40 PM   #474
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
That is super helpful. Thanks for confirming everything. I got a cd009 and just ordered a mazworx full kit with shifter.... Should be a here in a week, so I am glad everything fit perfectly. Man I bought the upgraded aluminum kid but I have a twin plate with a steel flywheel. I hope it feels good and not much chatter....
Old 12-05-2017, 06:52 AM   #475
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The everything cd009 swap thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
That is super helpful. Thanks for confirming everything. I got a cd009 and just ordered a mazworx full kit with shifter.... Should be a here in a week, so I am glad everything fit perfectly. Man I bought the upgraded aluminum kid but I have a twin plate with a steel flywheel. I hope it feels good and not much chatter....

Unfortunately the Mazworx shifter is garbage. It’s just a generic relocation bracket that requires cutting the shifter hole, and what seems to be an eBay/Megan Racing short shifter.

TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:42 AM   #476
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Unfortunately the Mazworx shifter is garbage. It’s just a generic relocation bracket that requires cutting the shifter hole, and what seems to be an eBay/Megan Racing short shifter.

Was literally just about to say that. My setup is a GKTech shifter, the Mazworx requires cutting the shifter hole
Old 12-05-2017, 11:37 AM   #477
fatduece
Zilvia Addict

fatduece is an unknown quantity at this point
DClem good post. Does anyone know what's up with serial 9? I too placed my order on July 12th. Touge factory says they're still on back order. I asked what the eta was and never got a reply. Serial 9 havent even replied to my email once. Talk about a sh!ty customer service. I'm beginning to think their shifters are a scam.
fatduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:30 PM   #478
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatduece View Post
DClem good post. Does anyone know what's up with serial 9? I too placed my order on July 12th. Touge factory says they're still on back order. I asked what the eta was and never got a reply. Serial 9 havent even replied to my email once. Talk about a sh!ty customer service. I'm beginning to think their shifters are a scam.
Yea man that really sucks, glad to know I’m not alone though. I will say they replied to my IG messages every time though, what they said just wasn’t true. TF was good and I know it’s not their fault, but they canceled it for me same day no problem. Just get the GKTech man, I am really impressed and I got it a couple days after talking to Greg and placing the order. For the money, it’s unbeatable. I wanted the offset shifter and stuff of the S9, but for half the price and excellent service, I’ll deal without it. GKTech throw and adjustmanets feel awesome.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:10 PM   #479
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post

Awww shiet SOB.... I think they shipped it already F...ing Christ!....

Do even on S13 I will need to cut the hole?

-ken
Old 12-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #480
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slider2828 View Post
Awww shiet SOB.... I think they shipped it already F...ing Christ!....

Do even on S13 I will need to cut the hole?

-ken
Absolutely. Did you not see their instructions page? It’s sort of weird to find but look on the kit page on the website and where the description is, click “more info” or something like that and you can see it. But yea, you’ll be cutting with that setup.