Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-21-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
Drifter Z
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (64)
Drifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud ofDrifter Z has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 64 reviews
Smile How to check fake or authentic bride seat!

Hey guys. I think some of guys already know it but I will just post it. I just checked Bride Japan home page and found they posted how to check fake bride seat (gias,vios3,digo,cuga)

1) go to www.bride-jp.com
2) check top page left side "news" then click "copy商品にご注意ください"(click copy product). There are some PDF files with pics. You can see pics of fake and authentic bride seat. They explain detail of difference.

Also, they said if you are not sure your seat is fake or not, they can investegate for you (You need to contact them and send your seat pics)!

I hope it will help you guys!
Thanks.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
thanks bro
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
HungryHank
BANNED

Trader Rating: (12)
HungryHank is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I just look for

stitching
tags
logos
HungryHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:39 AM   #4
wgJoY
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
wgJoY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wgJoY
oh wow. Some good information, thanks.
wgJoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:20 AM   #5
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter Z View Post
Hey guys. I think some of guys already know it but I will just post it. I just checked Bride Japan home page and found they posted how to check fake bride seat (gias,vios3,digo,cuga)

1) go to www.bride-jp.com
2) check top page left side "news" then click "copy商品にご注意ください"(click copy product). There are some PDF files with pics. You can see pics of fake and authentic bride seat. They explain detail of difference.

Also, they said if you are not sure your seat is fake or not, they can investegate for you (You need to contact them and send your seat pics)!

I hope it will help you guys!
Thanks.
If it's made in Taiwan, it's a bride seat, it just didn't come with a receipt from tee's. And that's what you get for outsourcing labor, BOOM!
Old 04-22-2009, 02:22 AM   #6
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
If it's made in Taiwan, it's a bride seat, it just didn't come with a receipt from tee's. And that's what you get for outsourcing labor, BOOM!
as in, its the same thing as the real deal?

because i know bride is a registered trademark in taiwan, just not the same company who registered the name in japan.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:06 AM   #7
Venice
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Venice is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Venice
Its also a reg. trade mark in Canada .So who's realy selling the fakes then..
Venice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:31 AM   #8
TeamFRAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
TeamFRAT is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Technically no one is selling fakes....
TeamFRAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:28 AM   #9
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
blah. dont by fake shit...period!

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamFRAT View Post
Technically no one is selling fakes....
this is true. almost all of the "fake" brides are the real shit. just not from bride.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
i heard the story goes:

bride slacked on updating the trademark, so one of the higherups in the company split and took the name with him. he started producing the seats in taiwan to the same specifications as the japanese made seats and started selling them for less.

meanwhile bride japan got fucked over legally with the name issuew, and now must label the seats "bride japan".

right?
Old 04-22-2009, 11:52 AM   #12
94_240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
94_240sx is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Direct link to the page.

products
94_240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #13
zenki.life
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
zenki.life is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to zenki.life
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94_240sx View Post
Direct link to the page.

products
...to bad only like 1% of 1% of users on here could actually read that. so until i get a translator its meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by super240s14 View Post
man you all are ass holes...... and that is rude to talk like that on zilvia im reporting all you...... ZILVIA ADMINISTRATION PLEASE BANNED ALL THREE OF THESE DUDES
^^another person learns the perils of "stupid posting" on zilvia, too bad none will care.
zenki.life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
zaquanh
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
zaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura aboutzaquanh has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryHank View Post
I just look for

stitching
tags
logos

nope cant do that , most have the correct logo and stitching now

check the 3 button things on the bottom of the seat where u change the position of the seat back
zaquanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #15
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
hey if thats the case and i am getting a seat of similar quality, then fuck it.

i mean, a seat really comes down to three things: the rigidity of the shell, the quality of the cloth/padding and the design.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #16
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
If you want FIA seats call bride, if you aint racing formula D that shit doesn't matter, you're just impressing the fanbois.

Besides I don't like their seats anyway. But yeah they got fucked they were having their seats manufactured in taiwan, let the trademark thing slip and the factory has all the molds and yada ya.

got fucked in court, and now they gotta change their name while the other company still sells the same shit they're pumping out. If anything is fake it's their newer seats like zeta 3 L's or the cuga's or whatever they're callled.
Old 04-22-2009, 05:31 PM   #17
Rapier46
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Rapier46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Rapier46
I cant read japanese so noen of that makes any fucking sense to me. all i see is number with lines pointing at shit.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:21 PM   #18
3AM
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
3AM is making a name for him/her self3AM is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
left image is fake (with background)
right image is genuine
3AM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #19
JDMbyBlood
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (24)
JDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Is there any other way to tell if its a replica? I picked up a pair of Bride Gais seats over the weekend on a trade. Whether they're replicas or not, the seats look to be VERY well made. The Bride tags state "Made in Japan." Here are a few pics of the makings on the seats.

JDMbyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #20
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ILoveMyRHS13
Those are real.

It's funny that this thread would pop back up the day I bought my Bride.

How to tell:
NAPAC Certification sticker (shown above)
"Made In Japan" on the little tag (shown above)
And the seat model stocker (shown above)
ILoveMyRHS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:39 PM   #21
JDMbyBlood
Zilvia Junkie

JDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the roughJDMbyBlood is a jewel in the rough
"IF" the seats are real, I got a great deal on them, but I'm still not 100% convinced the seats are authentic.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #22
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

ILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfectionILoveMyRHS13 is close to perfection
You have EVERY sign of an authentic Bride, yet you don't believe it? Enjoy the deal you got. I just got a good deal on a Bride today as well. I'm on cloud 9 ATM.

Also, is the fabric part held on by clips underneath like so?

An authentic Bride will have all of these, a fake one will have NONE of these.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #23
JDMbyBlood
Zilvia Junkie

If I can only find a good deal on a pair of brackets. Any ideas where one might get a pair without paying $400.00?
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #24
ILoveMyRHS13
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMbyBlood View Post
If I can only find a good deal on a pair of brackets. Any ideas where one might get a pair without paying $400.00?
Buddy Club rails are about $140 each. Much better than paying $200+ per rail for Bride rails.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #25
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
that sucks about the copyright thing...

they should create a new name for their company and label it

'formerly known as Bride' ... now all the counterfitters have to start over.
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #26
JDMbyBlood
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMyRHS13 View Post
Buddy Club rails are about $140 each. Much better than paying $200+ per rail for Bride rails.
Thanks, I'll have to check into them.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:58 PM   #27
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews

Old 01-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #28
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
bh are you sponsored by clear corners?
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:07 PM   #29
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I'm not sponsored by anybody.
I'd love to be sponsored by BAUER, though.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #30
Touge Noob S13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
Touge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her selfTouge Noob S13 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I miss Mike Clearcorners .
Touge Noob S13 is offline   Reply With Quote