Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #91
ShadowMan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
ShadowMan is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Wow man, you've been busy. Nice work, everything seems to be cruising along. That time lapse vid was pretty neat. Looking forward to getting rid of my power seat belts as well.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:17 AM   #92
Jonatron

Trader Rating: (1)
Jonatron is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Coming along nicely, keep it up!
Jonatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #93
Buddy

Trader Rating: (0)
Buddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This is an awesome build. What paint did you use for the block. It come up so clean. i gotta paint mine next week before it goes in.

keep up the good work bro.
Buddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:52 AM   #94
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
With every good build, there's always a girlfriend sitting idle in the background playing with her phone...
Old 07-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #95
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Mikester is a well-known jackass
Holy shit dude that's a lot of great work!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 07:50 PM   #96
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
KoukiMonsta is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMan View Post
Wow man, you've been busy. Nice work, everything seems to be cruising along. That time lapse vid was pretty neat. Looking forward to getting rid of my power seat belts as well.
Yes I have! Working hard to finally get this thing running, decently at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonatron View Post
Coming along nicely, keep it up!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy View Post
This is an awesome build. What paint did you use for the block. It come up so clean. i gotta paint mine next week before it goes in.

keep up the good work bro.
Thanks man, I used some krylon high heat shit. It actually is holding up pretty well I recommend it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
With every good build, there's always a girlfriend sitting idle in the background playing with her phone...
Haha, funny that's my ex now. But she has some hours racked up cell-phoning while I work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester View Post
Holy shit dude that's a lot of great work!!!
Thanks man. I appreciate it, especially considering how much I dig ur build! Too bad on the tranny mishap. I'm sure she will be back asap.

****mild update

Car is running! Just some mild idling, vac numbers are much better. I do however have an oil leak from the HG at the back drivers side corner where there's that extra m6x1.0 bolt. Torqued it as much as a feel safe. Rele pisses me off! Nothing ever goes to plan. And I'm not pulling the head to make an attempt at rtv'ing the corner. So I'll deal with it for a while, I don't have any better ideas.

Timing and idle adjustments will be made soon. Idles around 1300, boost leak test and TPS adjustments Complete.

Heres a question? i always get code 11(and did the bit it ran before) which is for cam angle sensor. Now if the cas was truly bad would it even run? and what appears to be run well (under no load) I DO NOT have access to a known working CAS. Idk anybody with an sr. Input welcome.

Suspension update in the near future, been gathering the arms and such. Working on finding someone/somewhere to align the car. Everything is crazy out of whack since it was entirely disassembled and lightly eyeballed back together.

Stay tuned!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #97
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
****mild update

Car is running! Just some mild idling, vac numbers are much better. I do however have an oil leak from the HG at the back drivers side corner where there's that extra m6x1.0 bolt. Torqued it as much as a feel safe. Rele pisses me off! Nothing ever goes to plan. And I'm not pulling the head to make an attempt at rtv'ing the corner. So I'll deal with it for a while, I don't have any better ideas.

Timing and idle adjustments will be made soon. Idles around 1300, boost leak test and TPS adjustments Complete.

Heres a question? i always get code 11(and did the bit it ran before) which is for cam angle sensor. Now if the cas was truly bad would it even run? and what appears to be run well (under no load) I DO NOT have access to a known working CAS. Idk anybody with an sr. Input welcome.

Suspension update in the near future, been gathering the arms and such. Working on finding someone/somewhere to align the car. Everything is crazy out of whack since it was entirely disassembled and lightly eyeballed back together.

Stay tuned!
Glad to hear the car is running and showing improved numbers... That stupid ass bolt in the back of the head is scary. I went out and bought a bolt that has a longer length because the factory bolt doesn't utilize all of the available threads. I also RTV'd that corner when I swapped the VE head on, just as an additional precautionary measure.

Have you read through the FSM for that trouble code? Page 109 in the EC section outlines code 11.

You're in for a fun ride if you plan on driving the car a short distance to get aligned. I know when I had mine all apart it had extreme toe in in the front and toe out in there rear, car wanted to do all types of crazy things.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #98
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_ss View Post
Glad to hear the car is running and showing improved numbers... That stupid ass bolt in the back of the head is scary. I went out and bought a bolt that has a longer length because the factory bolt doesn't utilize all of the available threads. I also RTV'd that corner when I swapped the VE head on, just as an additional precautionary measure.

Have you read through the FSM for that trouble code? Page 109 in the EC section outlines code 11.

You're in for a fun ride if you plan on driving the car a short distance to get aligned. I know when I had mine all apart it had extreme toe in in the front and toe out in there rear, car wanted to do all types of crazy things.
The things I would do to have heard you say 'rtv and longer bolt' a few weeks ago...lesson learned. I've continuously say it in this thread, this is my first full on build so I am amateur in the end.

Hey what version FSM do you use? The relevant page for mine was EC 91. Just curious? Always trying to gather resources.

Haha, yea I assume the thing will drive like crazy. Though this car isn't registered and I do not have the resources to do so as of now. (College student lifestyle) idea is to trailer it for the initial alignment since its so crazy. If I can find a trailer that is.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #99
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
I have quite a few. I think I was under the S14 SR FSM when I looked up code 11(same as S13). I'll look tonight to see if anything differs between the two.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #100
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Not too much has been happening lately.

I've finalized the engine bay, modified my turbo inlet to pull vac for the catch can and mounted the catch can. Don't really have pics. It's tucked down on the frame rail symmetric with my coolant overflow reservoir.

Last edited by KoukiMonsta; 08-12-2013 at 09:21 PM..
KoukiMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:33 PM   #101
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

*********UPDATE

i have sourced and installed a bunch of cheap suspension parts...they will all be replaced with good stuff but for now i just want to get this thing moving a little. isis arms thanks to my enjuku friends. and megan coils locally purchased used. no pics of this stuff. we have seen it all before. but this will allow alignment and no more monster truck.

I have had these wheels for a long time...they have seen a few phases. old school 3 piece enkei rp01. i have a soft spot for simple 5 spoke wheels. i refinished them from painted black...to something new. here are some process pics. lots of effin work.

start wish polishing lips, lots of sandpaper and grits.

tape, forget focusing

paint

remove tape

test fit

I'm looking for 6 m6 wheel bolts as they disappeared over the years. Any leads please pm me.

So whats next you may wonder...check back soon and find out

Last edited by KoukiMonsta; 08-13-2013 at 07:57 PM..
Old 11-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #102
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

UPDATE*******

damn its been a long time, the car doesn't get much attention these days.

so i picked up ISIS suspension arms and megan coils locally for cheap decided to run with it for a little while.

also notice conversion brake lines, and z32 rotors along with 5 lug hubs

rear shit

17/16 master

s14 auto booster(top) vs s13 auto booster(bottom) i will run the s14 as it is said to go well eith the larger master

installed the combo! actually working on the car again.

stripping front 30mm aluminum z calipers, they will see powdercoating sometime.

picked up these 4" isis blast pipes...took a bit of modifying but i got damn good ground clearance, really tucked up the whole exhaust. I also run a modified magan DP i fabbed up years ago.

so in the future ill get the complete z32 brake setup on the car, still need to acquire some parts. then this thing may see some driving time..
Old 11-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #103
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
love the wheels!!!!
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:03 PM   #104
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
love the wheels!!!!
Thanks man!

I pulled the calipers apart, cleaned everything and prepped for powder coat. I am still debating the color but hope to get them done soon.

new seals/boots/etc from Z1 motorsports

I have all the stock brakes, lines, rotors, good pads, ebrake cables, front 4 lug hubs,master, boosters, blah blah if anyone needs it.
Old 11-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #105
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
This build gets better every time I look at this thread, keep it up man!

I've never seen those Enkei's with that much lip, they look really good.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #106
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

UPDATE********..sorta

Calipers are at the powder coater now. The holidays have slowed them down but hopefully ill have em back next week.

I picked up some Z32 2+2 cables from Nissan. cleaned up the ebrake parts/shoes/etc and fabbed up a couple brackets with some dogshit welds. I just couldn't get it to weld good at all. I even prepped the material well..

i now have a functioning ebrake setup!

I also did this a few weeks ago, ill get some material to make a 'power brace' sometime
Old 01-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #107
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

*********UPDATE

got the calipers back from the powder coater, installed all new seals and dust boots.

got them installed on the car, bled the system

slapped the wheels on and rolled this thing outside!!

i had to wash the inch thick layer of dust off hah

and then of course it was time for a test drive! ran pretty well. it seemed to eat some coolant, no idea where thats going. wow do the brakes feel good! and damn does that ebrake lock em' up well compared to the factory s13 rears.

with my final semester of school kicking into full swing this girl will probly get pretty neglected. hope to put a few more miles on it when i can. re-bleed the brakes sometime and see whats up witht this coolant issue - i really hope its not dissapearing somewhere into the motor...
Old 01-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #108
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Love how you polished the water necks. May have to do that to mine.
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #109
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

cant believe this thing actually runs and is driveable. needs to get some break in time and then will see a tune from martin(enthalpy) on the factory s15 turbo at 15 pounds is the plan.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:14 AM   #110
Motary
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Motary is making a name for him/her selfMotary is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Motary
Sweet looking car
Motary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #111
trentenowns

trentenowns is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks killer bro! How much would you run that T28 at on stock internals? Sorry I'm only 16 and trying to learn! Haha love the car!

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2014, 11:26 AM   #112
Persona
Zilvia Addict

Persona is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm so proud of you.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #113
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
wow this thing is beautiful!!!! makes me want a hatch now lol
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #114
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
this thing is sick! subbed!
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:30 PM   #115
Rambo slice
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Rambo slice is on the path to ruinRambo slice is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
It was you that got that exhaust! you got a good ass deal on it. Dude that car looks sick, props
Rambo slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:01 AM   #116
TomBec
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (13)
TomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond reputeTomBec has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
great build thread :thumbsup:
TomBec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:20 AM   #117
Arrowking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Arrowking is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Yeah good build! Love how clean everything is (no super crazy aero or anything).
Arrowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #118
juvi22003
Zilvia Member

juvi22003 is an unknown quantity at this point
nice build, love how clean the engine bay is...
Old 03-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #119
forgotten
Leaky Injector

forgotten is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice built its so nice explained and work is really clean your wiring is killer too
forgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #120
KoukiMonsta
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatemy7 View Post
wow this thing is beautiful!!!! makes me want a hatch now lol
Hatches are best

Quote:
Originally Posted by vJilly View Post
this thing is sick! subbed!
Sweeeet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupekid99 View Post
It was you that got that exhaust! you got a good ass deal on it. Dude that car looks sick, props
I got this from enjuku? Not sure if that's what your talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBec View Post
great build thread :thumbsup:
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowking View Post
Yeah good build! Love how clean everything is (no super crazy aero or anything).
Appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by juvi22003 View Post
nice build, love how clean the engine bay is...
Again thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten View Post
Very nice built its so nice explained and work is really clean your wiring is killer too
Did my best to explain so others could learn and spread the knowledge.

Not much has been happening here. I put a resonator in my exhaust to tone things down a bit. And I didn't even take any pics. Been super busy so that's about it. Hope to be going for a tune soon. I'll keep you posted.